GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Karlsson KONTRACTOCALYPSE!!! (Karlsson re-signs for 7 years!)

+13
Hoags
shabbs
PTFlea
dennycrane
rooneypoo
spader
Ev
SensHulk
Riprock
wprager
Oglethorpe
tim1_2
SeawaySensFan
17 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Go down  Message [Page 10 of 10]

rooneypoo

All-Star
All-Star

hemlock wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:
Hoags wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:
spader wrote:Did anyone mention this? Capgeek reports that EK has a limited NTC for the '17-'18 and '18-'19 season.

Yeah, I saw that. By the CBA, he can't have any NTC or NMC before he hits his UFA eligible years, starting with 2016-17. Interesting, that means he has no protective clauses for that 1st year of UFA eligibility, i.e., 2016-17.

If he played in Philly, Holmgren would trade him away by then Smile

Holmgren is playing NHL 2012 over there in Philly. There's no other team in the NHL that makes so many moves. That team needs some patience.

It's incredible how many nice assets he's got to work with.

Too many crazy, need-jerk, moves-for-the-sake-of-moves for me. It's why they're having trouble building a winner, if you ask me.

Time for them to see what they've got in the kids. Their new emerging core is young -- Giroux, Couturier, the Schenns, Simmonds, Read -- and they have to protect that and build around it. No stupid rodeo show with those guys.

rooneypoo wrote:
hemlock wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:
Hoags wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:
spader wrote:Did anyone mention this? Capgeek reports that EK has a limited NTC for the '17-'18 and '18-'19 season.

Yeah, I saw that. By the CBA, he can't have any NTC or NMC before he hits his UFA eligible years, starting with 2016-17. Interesting, that means he has no protective clauses for that 1st year of UFA eligibility, i.e., 2016-17.

If he played in Philly, Holmgren would trade him away by then Smile

Holmgren is playing NHL 2012 over there in Philly. There's no other team in the NHL that makes so many moves. That team needs some patience.

It's incredible how many nice assets he's got to work with.

Too many crazy, need-jerk, moves-for-the-sake-of-moves for me. It's why they're having trouble building a winner, if you ask me.

Time for them to see what they've got in the kids. Their new emerging core is young -- Giroux, Couturier, the Schenns, Simmonds, Read -- and they have to protect that and build around it. No stupid rodeo show with those guys.

Agreed.

Hoags

All-Star
All-Star

rooneypoo wrote:[

Flyers, Blue Jackets in serious talks about Nash http://bit.ly/Mhp55f #FlyersTalk

https://twitter.com/tpanotchCSN/status/219190627248775169

Laughing3

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Holy Dung, how could they let those kids go? It'll end up being Couturier + Simmons + - and that'll be too much.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Nice article on how unlikely it is that EK repeats his 78pt season.

http://nhlnumbers.com/2012/6/20/assessing-skill-risk-and-the-erik-karlsson-contract

Last year, Karlsson ran away with the scoring race amongst defenseman. HIs 78-points were 25 more than second placed Dustin Byfuglien and Brian Campbell. In fact, only four other blueliners broke the 50-points barrier, let alone 60 or 70. His is the highest single season total by a defender since NIk Lidstrom scored 80-points back in 2005-06.

What's even more remarkable is that Karlsson did most of his damage at even strength. Lidstrom's 80-point effort consisted of just 30 points at ES six years ago. Karlsson, in contrast, scored 50 points at five-on-five this past year, 16 more than Kevin Bieksa who sat second in the league.

That's the highest single-season ES point total by a defender in the post-lock-out era.

The only guy to get close since 2005-06 to that number is Duncan Keith during his Norris trophy campaign - he scored 48 at five-on-five for a stacked Blackhawks squad. Most league leaders hover around the 35 ES points typically

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Hoags wrote:Nice article on how unlikely it is that EK repeats his 78pt season.

http://nhlnumbers.com/2012/6/20/assessing-skill-risk-and-the-erik-karlsson-contract

Last year, Karlsson ran away with the scoring race amongst defenseman. HIs 78-points were 25 more than second placed Dustin Byfuglien and Brian Campbell. In fact, only four other blueliners broke the 50-points barrier, let alone 60 or 70. His is the highest single season total by a defender since NIk Lidstrom scored 80-points back in 2005-06.

What's even more remarkable is that Karlsson did most of his damage at even strength. Lidstrom's 80-point effort consisted of just 30 points at ES six years ago. Karlsson, in contrast, scored 50 points at five-on-five this past year, 16 more than Kevin Bieksa who sat second in the league.

That's the highest single-season ES point total by a defender in the post-lock-out era.

The only guy to get close since 2005-06 to that number is Duncan Keith during his Norris trophy campaign - he scored 48 at five-on-five for a stacked Blackhawks squad. Most league leaders hover around the 35 ES points typically

Sorry, is that article about how unlikely it is that Karlsson repeats, or is it about how Karlsson is awesome? From the section you quoted here, it looks like it just says, "Karlsson rules and pwned the league last year." Am I misreading that?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 10 of 10]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum