GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

OTTAWA @ DETROIT - GAME DAY #1!!!

+18
Riprock
dennycrane
sandysensfan
wprager
DefenceWinsChampionships
rooneypoo
PTFlea
Ev
SensGirl11
LeCaptain
Cap'n Clutch
Hoags
SeawaySensFan
SensHulk
Da lil Guy
tim1_2
shabbs
NEELY
22 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down  Message [Page 11 of 13]

151OTTAWA @ DETROIT - GAME DAY #1!!! - Page 11 Empty Re: OTTAWA @ DETROIT - GAME DAY #1!!! Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:26 pm

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:Da Costa looks legit right now, def NHL ready. Zibanejad is NHL ready as well but he may have to be the 3rd line center right now. First NHL game against guys he grew up playing... tough to get a good read on him.

Dayum that's impressive!

152OTTAWA @ DETROIT - GAME DAY #1!!! - Page 11 Empty Re: OTTAWA @ DETROIT - GAME DAY #1!!! Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:26 pm

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Rundblad in tomorrow. Let's go Mac.

153OTTAWA @ DETROIT - GAME DAY #1!!! - Page 11 Empty Re: OTTAWA @ DETROIT - GAME DAY #1!!! Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:32 pm

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Orr in tomorrow for the Leafs... let's do this.

154OTTAWA @ DETROIT - GAME DAY #1!!! - Page 11 Empty Re: OTTAWA @ DETROIT - GAME DAY #1!!! Fri Oct 07, 2011 11:18 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Some good stuff out there tonight. Not bad for a 1st game against a top team IMO.
DaCosta looks cool like a cucumber, very impressed. I think Michalek scores those chances Neil got from him.
And the captain is back MJ

155OTTAWA @ DETROIT - GAME DAY #1!!! - Page 11 Empty Re: OTTAWA @ DETROIT - GAME DAY #1!!! Fri Oct 07, 2011 11:23 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

yeah I think Dacosta showed he really wants to stick with the big club. I think he should be put in the 2nd line center position tomoorw and see what kind of chemistry he can get with alfie. Butler even showed a little game tonight.

156OTTAWA @ DETROIT - GAME DAY #1!!! - Page 11 Empty Re: OTTAWA @ DETROIT - GAME DAY #1!!! Fri Oct 07, 2011 11:23 pm

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran

The 2nd period did them in. It was the play by Gonchar, Phillips & Karlsson that did them in. I thought for the most part the young guys were okay. DaCosta looked good.
So --one play... Sens shoot the puck on the net. The puck hits the one Detroit player's skate that was in the crease and bounces out. Ian White shoots the puck through 5 or 6 players and it goes in.

Really .. the Sens have NO LUCK.

That Bertuzzi goal... I was so yelling at Gonchar.. What the hell was that? You just gave up. At least Cowen tried.

Do you really think Rundblad would have been worse than some of that D tonight?

Good comeback in the 3rd. Hopefully.. ups their confidence for tomorrow.

They let Howard off too easily tonight. He is the Wings weak link.

157OTTAWA @ DETROIT - GAME DAY #1!!! - Page 11 Empty Re: OTTAWA @ DETROIT - GAME DAY #1!!! Fri Oct 07, 2011 11:26 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Yeah most of the struggle tonight was the transition game. THe veterans defensemen looked like rookies, intimidated.

158OTTAWA @ DETROIT - GAME DAY #1!!! - Page 11 Empty Re: OTTAWA @ DETROIT - GAME DAY #1!!! Fri Oct 07, 2011 11:30 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Oh well, it's not like this wasn't expected. Scoring 3 goals was a nice surprise. The Senators got a young team, lots of new players, it's going to be a learning experience and it will take time for them to develop chemistry.

159OTTAWA @ DETROIT - GAME DAY #1!!! - Page 11 Empty Re: OTTAWA @ DETROIT - GAME DAY #1!!! Fri Oct 07, 2011 11:30 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

does anyone else notice how well MacLean handles himself with the media in the pre and post game interviews? If the players showed that much composure we'd be a steady group. seriously the guy sin't going to be put down or have any tables turned on him in interviews. looks like he's been a head coach for a long time. bet Clouston is watching. take notes buddy...

160OTTAWA @ DETROIT - GAME DAY #1!!! - Page 11 Empty Re: OTTAWA @ DETROIT - GAME DAY #1!!! Fri Oct 07, 2011 11:38 pm

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Flo The Action wrote:does anyone else notice how well MacLean handles himself with the media in the pre and post game interviews? If the players showed that much composure we'd be a steady group. seriously the guy sin't going to be put down or have any tables turned on him in interviews. looks like he's been a head coach for a long time. bet Clouston is watching. take notes buddy...

I think we've got a good foundation starting here. It just depends how long it'll take for it to come together.

Hope Filatov develops chemistry with Spezza and Michalek, he really doesn't seem to fit with them right now, maybe it's just me.

161OTTAWA @ DETROIT - GAME DAY #1!!! - Page 11 Empty Re: OTTAWA @ DETROIT - GAME DAY #1!!! Fri Oct 07, 2011 11:54 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hoags wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:does anyone else notice how well MacLean handles himself with the media in the pre and post game interviews? If the players showed that much composure we'd be a steady group. seriously the guy sin't going to be put down or have any tables turned on him in interviews. looks like he's been a head coach for a long time. bet Clouston is watching. take notes buddy...

I think we've got a good foundation starting here. It just depends how long it'll take for it to come together.

Hope Filatov develops chemistry with Spezza and Michalek, he really doesn't seem to fit with them right now, maybe it's just me.
I think it's a question of time. but personally even if michalek is in force i'd move him to the second unit and try Butler up to the 1st unit. I noticed him play tonight and I think he realizes he's got to impress a bit more. I think also it would even out both lines
filatov-spezza-butler
michalek-Dacosta-alfie
would be my top 2 lines after what I saw tonight.

162OTTAWA @ DETROIT - GAME DAY #1!!! - Page 11 Empty Re: OTTAWA @ DETROIT - GAME DAY #1!!! Sat Oct 08, 2011 12:06 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Really curious to see Z-Bad tomorrow now that he's got that 1st one out of the way (and first point).

Da Costa is great, wish he'd play the wing.

2nd period was a gong show. Wow.

163OTTAWA @ DETROIT - GAME DAY #1!!! - Page 11 Empty Re: OTTAWA @ DETROIT - GAME DAY #1!!! Sat Oct 08, 2011 12:08 am

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:Really curious to see Z-Bad tomorrow now that he's got that 1st one out of the way (and first point).

Da Costa is great, wish he'd play the wing.

2nd period was a gong show. Wow.

It will happen. As long as it's not a full 60 like some weeks last year.

164OTTAWA @ DETROIT - GAME DAY #1!!! - Page 11 Empty Re: OTTAWA @ DETROIT - GAME DAY #1!!! Sat Oct 08, 2011 12:11 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

asq2 wrote:Helluva shift by Michalek. That's what I want to see from him.

Spezza's effort could be higher but he has no puck-luck right now. Two almost sure goals not going in. That's not going to last this season.

Is it just me, or do people like Smith and Neil kind of bug you when the team is losing? You're like, c'mon, get some skills players out there, we need a goal. Obviously in close games and the playoffs those kinds of players are more valuable.

Nice play by Gonchar to Spezza there too.

Yeah, they really annoy me sometimes - especially down 4-0.

165OTTAWA @ DETROIT - GAME DAY #1!!! - Page 11 Empty Re: OTTAWA @ DETROIT - GAME DAY #1!!! Sat Oct 08, 2011 12:14 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Flo The Action wrote:
It will happen. As long as it's not a full 60 like some weeks last year.

We obviously need to clean the giveaways up as quick as possible. That was horrific to watch and we'll literally never get away with that. We'll get scored on all the time - Anderson is great, but to give pucks up to a guy right in front of the net like that, he's got no chance.

Not a great start with the exception of the 1st 10 minutes and possibly a stretch in the 3rd.

166OTTAWA @ DETROIT - GAME DAY #1!!! - Page 11 Empty Re: OTTAWA @ DETROIT - GAME DAY #1!!! Sat Oct 08, 2011 12:39 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

If they play like this tomorrow -- and by that I mean come out like they did in the 1st -- they should beat the Leafs. They go schooled a bit in the second, hopefully they learned something from that that'll help them in the long run.

167OTTAWA @ DETROIT - GAME DAY #1!!! - Page 11 Empty Re: OTTAWA @ DETROIT - GAME DAY #1!!! Sat Oct 08, 2011 12:42 am

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:If they play like this tomorrow -- and by that I mean come out like they did in the 1st -- they should beat the Leafs. They go schooled a bit in the second, hopefully they learned something from that that'll help them in the long run.

Will be interesting to watch them learn and grow over the season.

Got a bad feeling about tomorrow's game, they'll be tired after this one and the refs always give the Laffs a break or two or three at the ACC.

168OTTAWA @ DETROIT - GAME DAY #1!!! - Page 11 Empty Re: OTTAWA @ DETROIT - GAME DAY #1!!! Sat Oct 08, 2011 12:46 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:If they play like this tomorrow -- and by that I mean come out like they did in the 1st -- they should beat the Leafs. They go schooled a bit in the second, hopefully they learned something from that that'll help them in the long run.

Yeah for sure, one step at a time. Keep attacking, but definitely don't give the puck up up the middle. Try to stop giving the puck away period, they did this in the pre-season too and it's lethal.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 11 of 13]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum