GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

OTTAWA @ DETROIT - GAME DAY #1!!!

+18
Riprock
dennycrane
sandysensfan
wprager
DefenceWinsChampionships
rooneypoo
PTFlea
Ev
SensGirl11
LeCaptain
Cap'n Clutch
Hoags
SeawaySensFan
SensHulk
Da lil Guy
tim1_2
shabbs
NEELY
22 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 13]

1OTTAWA @ DETROIT - GAME DAY #1!!! Empty OTTAWA @ DETROIT - GAME DAY #1!!! Fri Oct 07, 2011 9:06 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Filatov/Spezza/Michalek
Greening/Zibanejad/Alfi
Foligno/Smith/Neil
Condra/Da Costa/Butler

Cowen/Gonchar
Phillips/Lee
Kuba/Karlsson

Anderson

Rundblad and Konopka sit.

MONEY.

Last edited by NEELY on Fri Oct 07, 2011 11:37 am; edited 2 times in total

2OTTAWA @ DETROIT - GAME DAY #1!!! Empty Re: OTTAWA @ DETROIT - GAME DAY #1!!! Fri Oct 07, 2011 9:07 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Would be nice to win this one for The Stache in Detroit's house to kick off the season.

GO SENS GO!!!

3OTTAWA @ DETROIT - GAME DAY #1!!! Empty Re: OTTAWA @ DETROIT - GAME DAY #1!!! Fri Oct 07, 2011 9:12 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Kuba is obviously getting a shot at showing he is good enough to be in Ottawa or worthy of keeping around over Lee. Also, they can't let Rundbad sit. I think this is one of those things that is going to have to sort itself out.

4OTTAWA @ DETROIT - GAME DAY #1!!! Empty Re: OTTAWA @ DETROIT - GAME DAY #1!!! Fri Oct 07, 2011 9:16 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Man, I hope Konopka draws into the lineup tomorrow, against the Leafs. If we end up losing to them, I hope we smash a few faces, at least.

5OTTAWA @ DETROIT - GAME DAY #1!!! Empty Re: OTTAWA @ DETROIT - GAME DAY #1!!! Fri Oct 07, 2011 9:21 am

Da lil Guy

Da lil Guy
Rookie
Rookie

A little shocked to see Lee is the one in the press box.

Maybe they're hoping some up close observation of Lidstrom will do Rudnblad good.

6OTTAWA @ DETROIT - GAME DAY #1!!! Empty Re: OTTAWA @ DETROIT - GAME DAY #1!!! Fri Oct 07, 2011 9:22 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

If there is one thing I won't question it's the lineup MacLean feels he needs to beat Detroit. If there is one person in hockey that knows what he needs and wants, it's MacLean.

Konopka will 100% be in tomorrow.

On another note, people might look at that 4th line and say why are Butler and Da Costa doing on the 4th line... well if they are together it kind of makes sense.

7OTTAWA @ DETROIT - GAME DAY #1!!! Empty Re: OTTAWA @ DETROIT - GAME DAY #1!!! Fri Oct 07, 2011 9:24 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Da lil Guy wrote:A little shocked to see Lee is the one in the press box.

Maybe they're hoping some up close observation of Lidstrom will do Rudnblad good.

Well Rundblad shouldn't be sitting if he is up in Ottawa, if that's the case why would he even be here and not in the AHL?

Lee right now is a 5th/6th D man that is caught in a numbers game. If you don't sit Lee, than who? Kuba? Say what you want about the guy but he has a decade in the league and deserves the benefit of the doubt and the chance to gain some confidence. Good Kuba > than great Lee.

8OTTAWA @ DETROIT - GAME DAY #1!!! Empty Re: OTTAWA @ DETROIT - GAME DAY #1!!! Fri Oct 07, 2011 9:28 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

It's a casualty of numbers in the end... MacLean is using his knowledge of Detroit's game based in his experience and putting out a lineup he feels has the best chance to win. Lee may be back in tomorrow.

I'm sure Konopka will be in tomorrow to provide some added toughness vs the Leaves.

9OTTAWA @ DETROIT - GAME DAY #1!!! Empty Re: OTTAWA @ DETROIT - GAME DAY #1!!! Fri Oct 07, 2011 9:39 am

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

I don't like Lee sitting. Rundblad is a rookie and looks like he's getting a free pass despite his lacklustre preseason performance.

I'll give Maclean the benefit of the doubt since this is the first game...

10OTTAWA @ DETROIT - GAME DAY #1!!! Empty Re: OTTAWA @ DETROIT - GAME DAY #1!!! Fri Oct 07, 2011 9:42 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Michallica wrote:I don't like Lee sitting. Rundblad is a rookie and looks like he's getting a free pass despite his lacklustre preseason performance.

No question he's getting a free pass. Or maybe he actually won the annual "battle for jobs?" Laugh1 Laughing3

11OTTAWA @ DETROIT - GAME DAY #1!!! Empty Re: OTTAWA @ DETROIT - GAME DAY #1!!! Fri Oct 07, 2011 9:45 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Michallica wrote:I don't like Lee sitting. Rundblad is a rookie and looks like he's getting a free pass despite his lacklustre preseason performance.

I agree with the others though…you can't really have Rundblad sitting. He needs to be playing, whether it's in the NHL, AHL, or SEL…he needs to be playing. It's too bad Kuba's not benched, but I guess that’s to be expected as well. Lee has shown that he has thick skin and can handle this kind of situation.

12OTTAWA @ DETROIT - GAME DAY #1!!! Empty Re: OTTAWA @ DETROIT - GAME DAY #1!!! Fri Oct 07, 2011 9:47 am

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Once he gets used to NHL ice, Rundblad will be 10x the D-man Lee is, Lee is a #5/6 D-man, if we have him in our top pairing it shows how bad our defence is. It's early in the season they might as well see how he does in the NHL, he was getting better with every game.

I am shocked at the Brian Lee fan club on hfboards, it's like we have a potential Norris winner in Lee according to the hype.

13OTTAWA @ DETROIT - GAME DAY #1!!! Empty Re: OTTAWA @ DETROIT - GAME DAY #1!!! Fri Oct 07, 2011 9:50 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hoags wrote:

Once he gets used to NHL ice, Rundblad will be 10x the D-man Lee is, Lee is a #5/6 D-man, if we have him in our top pairing it shows how bad our defence is. It's early in the season they might as well see how he does in the NHL, he was getting better with every game.

I am shocked at the Brian Lee fan club on hfboards, it's like we have a potential Norris winner in Lee according to the hype.

You know where else they have NHL ice? The AHL. He should be playing there, period. Like I said before, St. Louis probably figured out his deal was NHL or bust so they got rid of him.

14OTTAWA @ DETROIT - GAME DAY #1!!! Empty Re: OTTAWA @ DETROIT - GAME DAY #1!!! Fri Oct 07, 2011 9:53 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SeawaySensFan wrote:
You know where else they have NHL ice? The AHL. He should be playing there, period. Like I said before, St. Louis probably figured out his deal was NHL or bust so they got rid of him.

Yeah, he should be in the AHL. I think management realizes that they kinda need to treat him with kid-gloves, so as to not alienate him and send him back to Sweden. I think they'll give him several NHL games, hoping that he'll come to the realization himself that he's not quite ready yet...and then willingly accept a trip to Bingo.

15OTTAWA @ DETROIT - GAME DAY #1!!! Empty Re: OTTAWA @ DETROIT - GAME DAY #1!!! Fri Oct 07, 2011 9:53 am

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

I suppose...but he should be playing in the AHL. Carkner is out for a month. The only thing I can see is a constant shuffling between rundblad and lee, and/or Cowen.

I agree that rundblad can use some games, but is it right to choose him over Lee against the RedWings of all teams? That's a team you want to be your best defensively against. Last time, Franzen went nuts on our asses with 4 goals. Rundblad should play, but I question whether this was the right game to start him off with, especially over Lee who was solid in preseason.

sigh, the politics rightfully or wrongfully continues

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 13]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum