GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

OTTAWA @ DETROIT - GAME DAY #1!!!

+18
Riprock
dennycrane
sandysensfan
wprager
DefenceWinsChampionships
rooneypoo
PTFlea
Ev
SensGirl11
LeCaptain
Cap'n Clutch
Hoags
SeawaySensFan
SensHulk
Da lil Guy
tim1_2
shabbs
NEELY
22 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down  Message [Page 12 of 13]

166OTTAWA @ DETROIT - GAME DAY #1!!! - Page 12 Empty Re: OTTAWA @ DETROIT - GAME DAY #1!!! Sat Oct 08, 2011 12:39 am

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

If they play like this tomorrow -- and by that I mean come out like they did in the 1st -- they should beat the Leafs. They go schooled a bit in the second, hopefully they learned something from that that'll help them in the long run.

167OTTAWA @ DETROIT - GAME DAY #1!!! - Page 12 Empty Re: OTTAWA @ DETROIT - GAME DAY #1!!! Sat Oct 08, 2011 12:42 am

Hoags

All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:If they play like this tomorrow -- and by that I mean come out like they did in the 1st -- they should beat the Leafs. They go schooled a bit in the second, hopefully they learned something from that that'll help them in the long run.

Will be interesting to watch them learn and grow over the season.

Got a bad feeling about tomorrow's game, they'll be tired after this one and the refs always give the Laffs a break or two or three at the ACC.

168OTTAWA @ DETROIT - GAME DAY #1!!! - Page 12 Empty Re: OTTAWA @ DETROIT - GAME DAY #1!!! Sat Oct 08, 2011 12:46 am

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:If they play like this tomorrow -- and by that I mean come out like they did in the 1st -- they should beat the Leafs. They go schooled a bit in the second, hopefully they learned something from that that'll help them in the long run.

Yeah for sure, one step at a time. Keep attacking, but definitely don't give the puck up up the middle. Try to stop giving the puck away period, they did this in the pre-season too and it's lethal.

169OTTAWA @ DETROIT - GAME DAY #1!!! - Page 12 Empty Re: OTTAWA @ DETROIT - GAME DAY #1!!! Sat Oct 08, 2011 1:21 am

Da lil Guy

Da lil Guy
Rookie
Rookie

Have to give some credit to Kuba as well - he didn't suck noticeably, and even got a goal.

Anderson's stats suffered. He got hung out to dry a number of times, but 5 goals is 5 goals. A few were stoppable.

170OTTAWA @ DETROIT - GAME DAY #1!!! - Page 12 Empty Re: OTTAWA @ DETROIT - GAME DAY #1!!! Sat Oct 08, 2011 8:04 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Kuba was very solid all game. Kept things simple and for the most part, he was the reason Karlsson's game didn't look worse than it actually was.

Tomorrow night should be a better test of where Ottawa stands in terms of their place in the East. If they play like they did for 45-50 mins of that game, Ottawa can win for sure.

171OTTAWA @ DETROIT - GAME DAY #1!!! - Page 12 Empty Re: OTTAWA @ DETROIT - GAME DAY #1!!! Sat Oct 08, 2011 8:41 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Fearless prediction for tonight's game (wait, is there a GDT? .... nope, not yet) Zenon Konopka will be in the lineup; Anderson will play back-to-back (hey, it's just the start of the season) and will be lights out, there will be fighting.

Oh, and the Leafs still suck, current standings notwithstanding.

172OTTAWA @ DETROIT - GAME DAY #1!!! - Page 12 Empty Re: OTTAWA @ DETROIT - GAME DAY #1!!! Sat Oct 08, 2011 8:55 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Nice to see the team play until the very end... no quit this time... I'll take that any day over some of the crap we've seen before.

173OTTAWA @ DETROIT - GAME DAY #1!!! - Page 12 Empty Re: OTTAWA @ DETROIT - GAME DAY #1!!! Sat Oct 08, 2011 8:56 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Checking the stats, I see that the Sens were 50% on faceoffs. Not bad, considering they had two rookie centers in the lineup.

Spezza's line was +3, Alfie's was -7 (Alfie himself was -3).

Spezza's line had 9 shots (MM with 6); Filatov led that line in hits with 2.

Alfie's line had 5 shots (ZBad has 0); Greening and Zibanejad each had 4 hits.

Lee had twice as many hits as Neil (6 to 3).

Some encouraging stats, for sure, and some that we hope will change. Alfie may be babysitting, but he'll still want to do better than a -3.

174OTTAWA @ DETROIT - GAME DAY #1!!! - Page 12 Empty Re: OTTAWA @ DETROIT - GAME DAY #1!!! Sat Oct 08, 2011 9:00 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Sounds like a lot of the goals were pure brain farts and miscommunication between players... something that can be worked on at least.

175OTTAWA @ DETROIT - GAME DAY #1!!! - Page 12 Empty Re: OTTAWA @ DETROIT - GAME DAY #1!!! Sat Oct 08, 2011 9:02 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Seriously, if it wasn't for a 10-15 min break down Ottawa would have been right in that game. That's the problem though, those 10-15 min breakdowns are going to happen a lot this year and probably next as well, the better teams will take advantage of that to be sure.

Anderson needs to be a little better IMO, he wasn't bad though.

176OTTAWA @ DETROIT - GAME DAY #1!!! - Page 12 Empty Re: OTTAWA @ DETROIT - GAME DAY #1!!! Sat Oct 08, 2011 11:19 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

NEELY wrote:Kuba was very solid all game. Kept things simple and for the most part, he was the reason Karlsson's game didn't look worse than it actually was.

Tomorrow night should be a better test of where Ottawa stands in terms of their place in the East. If they play like they did for 45-50 mins of that game, Ottawa can win for sure.

Yeah, I think tonight will tell a better tale. I would expect the turnovers to be curved a little. I'm looking forward to it.

177OTTAWA @ DETROIT - GAME DAY #1!!! - Page 12 Empty Re: OTTAWA @ DETROIT - GAME DAY #1!!! Sat Oct 08, 2011 12:43 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Curved turnovers? Is that sone new pastry? Mmmm ... turnovers Drool

178OTTAWA @ DETROIT - GAME DAY #1!!! - Page 12 Empty Re: OTTAWA @ DETROIT - GAME DAY #1!!! Sat Oct 08, 2011 2:33 pm

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

Da lil Guy wrote:Have to give some credit to Kuba as well - he didn't suck noticeably, and even got a goal.

Anderson's stats suffered. He got hung out to dry a number of times, but 5 goals is 5 goals. A few were stoppable.

He is already halfway to tying last years goal production

179OTTAWA @ DETROIT - GAME DAY #1!!! - Page 12 Empty Re: OTTAWA @ DETROIT - GAME DAY #1!!! Sat Oct 08, 2011 2:45 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

As per ScottyMac: Sens captain Daniel Alfredsson is battling a nasty head cold but will play tonight.

180OTTAWA @ DETROIT - GAME DAY #1!!! - Page 12 Empty Re: OTTAWA @ DETROIT - GAME DAY #1!!! Sat Oct 08, 2011 2:50 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

shabbs wrote:As per ScottyMac: Sens captain Daniel Alfredsson is battling a nasty head cold but will play tonight.

Zetterberg must have sneezed on him.

181OTTAWA @ DETROIT - GAME DAY #1!!! - Page 12 Empty Re: OTTAWA @ DETROIT - GAME DAY #1!!! Sat Oct 08, 2011 3:03 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

wprager wrote:
shabbs wrote:As per ScottyMac: Sens captain Daniel Alfredsson is battling a nasty head cold but will play tonight.

Zetterberg must have sneezed on him.
Heh heh. Oops.

182OTTAWA @ DETROIT - GAME DAY #1!!! - Page 12 Empty Re: OTTAWA @ DETROIT - GAME DAY #1!!! Sat Oct 08, 2011 3:26 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:Checking the stats, I see that the Sens were 50% on faceoffs. Not bad, considering they had two rookie centers in the lineup.

Spezza's line was +3, Alfie's was -7 (Alfie himself was -3).

Spezza's line had 9 shots (MM with 6); Filatov led that line in hits with 2.

Alfie's line had 5 shots (ZBad has 0); Greening and Zibanejad each had 4 hits.

Lee had twice as many hits as Neil (6 to 3).

Some encouraging stats, for sure, and some that we hope will change. Alfie may be babysitting, but he'll still want to do better than a -3.

That can't be right - I remember and they showed it on TSN, he had a backhander go right on target that Howard saved easily.

183OTTAWA @ DETROIT - GAME DAY #1!!! - Page 12 Empty Re: OTTAWA @ DETROIT - GAME DAY #1!!! Sat Oct 08, 2011 4:10 pm

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran

I would sit him out... have him better for the season opener at home. Leaving him in the lineup gives Colby Armstrong the opportunity to try to hit Alfie in the back as often as he can...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 12 of 13]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum