GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

OTTAWA @ DETROIT - GAME DAY #1!!!

+18
Riprock
dennycrane
sandysensfan
wprager
DefenceWinsChampionships
rooneypoo
PTFlea
Ev
SensGirl11
LeCaptain
Cap'n Clutch
Hoags
SeawaySensFan
SensHulk
Da lil Guy
tim1_2
shabbs
NEELY
22 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 13]

16OTTAWA @ DETROIT - GAME DAY #1!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: OTTAWA @ DETROIT - GAME DAY #1!!! Fri Oct 07, 2011 9:50 am

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hoags wrote:
Michallica wrote:I don't like Lee sitting. Rundblad is a rookie and looks like he's getting a free pass despite his lacklustre preseason performance.

Once he gets used to NHL ice, Rundblad will be 10x the D-man Lee is, Lee is a #5/6 D-man, if we have him in our top pairing it shows how bad our defence is. It's early in the season they might as well see how he does in the NHL, he was getting better with every game.

I am shocked at the Brian Lee fan club on hfboards, it's like we have a potential Norris winner in Lee according to the hype.

You know where else they have NHL ice? The AHL. He should be playing there, period. Like I said before, St. Louis probably figured out his deal was NHL or bust so they got rid of him.

17OTTAWA @ DETROIT - GAME DAY #1!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: OTTAWA @ DETROIT - GAME DAY #1!!! Fri Oct 07, 2011 9:53 am

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SeawaySensFan wrote:
You know where else they have NHL ice? The AHL. He should be playing there, period. Like I said before, St. Louis probably figured out his deal was NHL or bust so they got rid of him.

Yeah, he should be in the AHL. I think management realizes that they kinda need to treat him with kid-gloves, so as to not alienate him and send him back to Sweden. I think they'll give him several NHL games, hoping that he'll come to the realization himself that he's not quite ready yet...and then willingly accept a trip to Bingo.

18OTTAWA @ DETROIT - GAME DAY #1!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: OTTAWA @ DETROIT - GAME DAY #1!!! Fri Oct 07, 2011 9:53 am

SensHulk

All-Star
All-Star

I suppose...but he should be playing in the AHL. Carkner is out for a month. The only thing I can see is a constant shuffling between rundblad and lee, and/or Cowen.

I agree that rundblad can use some games, but is it right to choose him over Lee against the RedWings of all teams? That's a team you want to be your best defensively against. Last time, Franzen went nuts on our asses with 4 goals. Rundblad should play, but I question whether this was the right game to start him off with, especially over Lee who was solid in preseason.

sigh, the politics rightfully or wrongfully continues

19OTTAWA @ DETROIT - GAME DAY #1!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: OTTAWA @ DETROIT - GAME DAY #1!!! Fri Oct 07, 2011 9:55 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Meh, Rundblad has shown he has NHL skill and I am all for letting the guy play in The AHL, but Ottawa needs offense and Rundblad brings that. Lee doesn't.

Kind of have to use the players that give you the best chance of winning. Right now, until proven otherwise, Rundblad is that guy over Lee.

20OTTAWA @ DETROIT - GAME DAY #1!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: OTTAWA @ DETROIT - GAME DAY #1!!! Fri Oct 07, 2011 9:55 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Michallica wrote:I suppose...but he should be playing in the AHL. Carkner is out for a month. The only thing I can see is a constant shuffling between rundblad and lee, and/or Cowen.

I agree that rundblad can use some games, but is it right to choose him over Lee against the RedWings of all teams? That's a team you want to be your best defensively against. Last time, Franzen went nuts on our asses with 4 goals. Rundblad should play, but I question whether this was the right game to start him off with, especially over Lee who was solid in preseason.

sigh, the politics rightfully or wrongfully continues

Yes because Rundblad an help the team score, Lee can't.

21OTTAWA @ DETROIT - GAME DAY #1!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: OTTAWA @ DETROIT - GAME DAY #1!!! Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:00 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

NEELY wrote:Kuba is obviously getting a shot at showing he is good enough to be in Ottawa or worthy of keeping around over Lee. Also, they can't let Rundbad sit. I think this is one of those things that is going to have to sort itself out.

I haven't seen too much of Kuba but I haven't heard anything good. Are they going to have to buy this guy out or what?

22OTTAWA @ DETROIT - GAME DAY #1!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: OTTAWA @ DETROIT - GAME DAY #1!!! Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:01 am

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

What's clear to me is McLean has put his 3 best puck movers on 3 different pairings.
No shutdown / offense only strategies here, he clearly wants to challenge Detroit in their own game. I like the confidence.

23OTTAWA @ DETROIT - GAME DAY #1!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: OTTAWA @ DETROIT - GAME DAY #1!!! Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:02 am

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
I haven't seen too much of Kuba but I haven't heard anything good. Are they going to have to buy this guy out or what?

We got nobody who can replace him on left D, at this point they're hoping he can bounce back.

Maybe they'll replace him with Borowiecki later in the year if he still sucks.

24OTTAWA @ DETROIT - GAME DAY #1!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: OTTAWA @ DETROIT - GAME DAY #1!!! Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:03 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
NEELY wrote:Kuba is obviously getting a shot at showing he is good enough to be in Ottawa or worthy of keeping around over Lee. Also, they can't let Rundbad sit. I think this is one of those things that is going to have to sort itself out.

There might be a deal to be had with all the injuries popping up already.

25OTTAWA @ DETROIT - GAME DAY #1!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: OTTAWA @ DETROIT - GAME DAY #1!!! Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:04 am

Da lil Guy

Da lil Guy
Rookie
Rookie

La Femme wrote:What's clear to me is McLean has put his 3 best puck movers on 3 different pairings.
No shutdown / offense only strategies here, he clearly wants to challenge Detroit in their own game. I like the confidence.

As long as that's the game we're going to play, I'm fine with it.

I remember after the lockout, it felt like the Sens tried to beat everyone at their own game. I don't really want to go back to that.

26OTTAWA @ DETROIT - GAME DAY #1!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: OTTAWA @ DETROIT - GAME DAY #1!!! Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:05 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

I dunno, I haven't thought Kuba was awful, he is being asked to play more of a defensive role, which is fine. He plays the left side well and he's a smart D man.

Lee is caught in a numbers game both on the right side of the defense and just the number of defense in general. Someone will be waived before the month is up I would think.

27OTTAWA @ DETROIT - GAME DAY #1!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: OTTAWA @ DETROIT - GAME DAY #1!!! Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:05 am

Da lil Guy

Da lil Guy
Rookie
Rookie

Cap'n Clutch wrote:

It's no longer possible to buy him out, and his contract will expire at the end of the year.

28OTTAWA @ DETROIT - GAME DAY #1!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: OTTAWA @ DETROIT - GAME DAY #1!!! Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:06 am

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

I still don't see how Rundblad found his way into this lineup, I think it's bull that Lee is sitting over him.

That will be my negativity for the day.

GO SENS GO!!

29OTTAWA @ DETROIT - GAME DAY #1!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: OTTAWA @ DETROIT - GAME DAY #1!!! Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:07 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Da lil Guy wrote:
La Femme wrote:What's clear to me is McLean has put his 3 best puck movers on 3 different pairings.

As long as that's the game we're going to play, I'm fine with it.

I remember after the lockout, it felt like the Sens tried to beat everyone at their own game. I don't really want to go back to that.

Sens are going to have to find out what their game is right now and what they need. They need to score.

30OTTAWA @ DETROIT - GAME DAY #1!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: OTTAWA @ DETROIT - GAME DAY #1!!! Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:08 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

I can't believe all the people questioning the coach before game 1 is even over, haha. Oh Ottawa fans, will you ever change?

31OTTAWA @ DETROIT - GAME DAY #1!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: OTTAWA @ DETROIT - GAME DAY #1!!! Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:11 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:I can't believe all the people questioning the coach before game 1 is even over, haha. Oh Ottawa fans, will you ever change?

This is nothing...wait until November!!!!

Seriously though, we all knew that our d-men were going to be shuffled around...it'll take a while for that to "play" itself out (i.e. depending on who plays well, and who doesn't). Everybody will be given a shot. Imagine if Carks were healthy right now, that would make the situation even more muddled.

32OTTAWA @ DETROIT - GAME DAY #1!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: OTTAWA @ DETROIT - GAME DAY #1!!! Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:11 am

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

NEELY wrote:I can't believe all the people questioning the coach before game 1 is even over, haha. Oh Ottawa fans, will you ever change?

It's going to take a while for him to find his way too IMO. he's not going to be perfect right off the bat. Preseason showed that very clearly and now with putting in 2 guys that probably shouldn't be in the lineup yet is defintely worth questioning. I mean we're not trying to lose. I don't think anyway...

33OTTAWA @ DETROIT - GAME DAY #1!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: OTTAWA @ DETROIT - GAME DAY #1!!! Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:14 am

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

I love the top 6 - I hope it translates well.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 13]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum