GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

OTTAWA @ DETROIT - GAME DAY #1!!!

+18
Riprock
dennycrane
sandysensfan
wprager
DefenceWinsChampionships
rooneypoo
PTFlea
Ev
SensGirl11
LeCaptain
Cap'n Clutch
Hoags
SeawaySensFan
SensHulk
Da lil Guy
tim1_2
shabbs
NEELY
22 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down  Message [Page 10 of 13]

136OTTAWA @ DETROIT - GAME DAY #1!!! - Page 10 Empty Re: OTTAWA @ DETROIT - GAME DAY #1!!! Fri Oct 07, 2011 9:11 pm

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Hey... a goal!

137OTTAWA @ DETROIT - GAME DAY #1!!! - Page 10 Empty Re: OTTAWA @ DETROIT - GAME DAY #1!!! Fri Oct 07, 2011 9:12 pm

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Michalek gets us on the board...

138OTTAWA @ DETROIT - GAME DAY #1!!! - Page 10 Empty Re: OTTAWA @ DETROIT - GAME DAY #1!!! Fri Oct 07, 2011 9:17 pm

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Here we go!!!

139OTTAWA @ DETROIT - GAME DAY #1!!! - Page 10 Empty Re: OTTAWA @ DETROIT - GAME DAY #1!!! Fri Oct 07, 2011 9:17 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Spezza..... HolyCow!

140OTTAWA @ DETROIT - GAME DAY #1!!! - Page 10 Empty Re: OTTAWA @ DETROIT - GAME DAY #1!!! Fri Oct 07, 2011 9:20 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

9mm with two so far...

141OTTAWA @ DETROIT - GAME DAY #1!!! - Page 10 Empty Re: OTTAWA @ DETROIT - GAME DAY #1!!! Fri Oct 07, 2011 9:22 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Hopefully this is Spezza shaking off the rust. he had a weak first two periods.

Also, this picture:

OTTAWA @ DETROIT - GAME DAY #1!!! - Page 10 Lolspe10

142OTTAWA @ DETROIT - GAME DAY #1!!! - Page 10 Empty Re: OTTAWA @ DETROIT - GAME DAY #1!!! Fri Oct 07, 2011 9:27 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

asq2 wrote:Hopefully this is Spezza shaking off the rust. he had a weak first two periods.

Also, this picture:

OTTAWA @ DETROIT - GAME DAY #1!!! - Page 10 Lolspe10
Looks like he needs to take a big crap.

#morefibre

143OTTAWA @ DETROIT - GAME DAY #1!!! - Page 10 Empty Re: OTTAWA @ DETROIT - GAME DAY #1!!! Fri Oct 07, 2011 9:37 pm

Da lil Guy

Da lil Guy
Rookie
Rookie

Greening looks good in front of the net there.

144OTTAWA @ DETROIT - GAME DAY #1!!! - Page 10 Empty Re: OTTAWA @ DETROIT - GAME DAY #1!!! Fri Oct 07, 2011 9:39 pm

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Bobby Butthead kills any momentum we might have had to end the game.

145OTTAWA @ DETROIT - GAME DAY #1!!! - Page 10 Empty Re: OTTAWA @ DETROIT - GAME DAY #1!!! Fri Oct 07, 2011 9:42 pm

Da lil Guy

Da lil Guy
Rookie
Rookie

Smith had a shorty on his stick there...too bad. Could have made this respectable.

Butler may find himself in the press box soon.

Hope Da Costa is alright - he was our best player for a good part of this game.

Good to see Michalek get off on the right foot. Hope that doesn't mean he's about to get injured (knock wood).

146OTTAWA @ DETROIT - GAME DAY #1!!! - Page 10 Empty Re: OTTAWA @ DETROIT - GAME DAY #1!!! Fri Oct 07, 2011 9:44 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Tough to watch at times but I love the mini-comeback. No quite in them.

Just need to settle down and stop running around in their own zone, but that's expected.

Overall,only 1 terrible period and the rest was respectable.

147OTTAWA @ DETROIT - GAME DAY #1!!! - Page 10 Empty Re: OTTAWA @ DETROIT - GAME DAY #1!!! Fri Oct 07, 2011 9:45 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

asq2 wrote:
NEELY wrote:So far so good. Sens seem to be playing like they give a Diddle again.

Da Costa is also an NHL player right now... he might not find his way out of the lineup if he keeps playing like this.

Cowen is a beast. Alfi is GOD.

He's more NHL-ready than Zibanejad. He's much more present on the ice. Zibanejad spends a tonne of his shifts just watching.

I love ZibNasty as much as anyone but I think he should go back to Sweden for the year. He's not a second-line centre in the NHL yet IMO.

But he's earned nine games to prove us (me) wrong.

In every game he gets better as the game goes on. He's not a second line centre yet but I think he should be our 3rd liner.

148OTTAWA @ DETROIT - GAME DAY #1!!! - Page 10 Empty Re: OTTAWA @ DETROIT - GAME DAY #1!!! Fri Oct 07, 2011 9:48 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Also, 2/3 on the PP!

149OTTAWA @ DETROIT - GAME DAY #1!!! - Page 10 Empty Re: OTTAWA @ DETROIT - GAME DAY #1!!! Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:13 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Da Costa looks legit right now, def NHL ready. Zibanejad is NHL ready as well but he may have to be the 3rd line center right now. First NHL game against guys he grew up playing... tough to get a good read on him.

Overall, I thought Ottawa was good and kept up with Detroit. That's a tough way to start the season and I think they showed they are a decent team right now. I look at that game and don't see how they are that far off from the 7th and 8th place teams in the conferance.

Anderson could have been better and will be going forward as well.

150OTTAWA @ DETROIT - GAME DAY #1!!! - Page 10 Empty Re: OTTAWA @ DETROIT - GAME DAY #1!!! Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:19 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

First period I thought the Sens way outplayed the Redwings, but the refs were giving them way too much respect. On many, many occasions, because the Sens were bringing the play to Detroit there was a ton of hooking, holding and the occasional slash with nothing called. The Lee gets what in light of the rest of the game a cheap call.

Then a rookie mistake by a veteran player -- that Bertuzzi breakaway has got to be a set play -- circle around near the neutral area to draw the D in and wait for Big Bert to come off the bench and sneak in behind them. I wanted to nail Gonchar's a$$ to the bench on that play -- not for getting caught flatfooted, but for not giving a crap to even try to get back in the play. If MacLean sits him out next game I won't complain, even though I picked his sorry a$$ in a pool.

Good come back, of sorts. Glad Zibanejad and Filatov each got a point. If not for a couple of missed almost goals it could have been a different outcome. Could have been a 1-1 game and who knows what happens then.

151OTTAWA @ DETROIT - GAME DAY #1!!! - Page 10 Empty Re: OTTAWA @ DETROIT - GAME DAY #1!!! Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:26 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:Da Costa looks legit right now, def NHL ready. Zibanejad is NHL ready as well but he may have to be the 3rd line center right now. First NHL game against guys he grew up playing... tough to get a good read on him.

Dayum that's impressive!

152OTTAWA @ DETROIT - GAME DAY #1!!! - Page 10 Empty Re: OTTAWA @ DETROIT - GAME DAY #1!!! Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:26 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Rundblad in tomorrow. Let's go Mac.

153OTTAWA @ DETROIT - GAME DAY #1!!! - Page 10 Empty Re: OTTAWA @ DETROIT - GAME DAY #1!!! Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:32 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Orr in tomorrow for the Leafs... let's do this.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 10 of 13]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum