GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sens sign Da Costa!

+19
Ev
shabbs
rooneypoo
SeawaySensFan
wprager
sandysensfan
SensHulk
ddt
Riprock
LeCaptain
Cap'n Clutch
spader
dennycrane
strachattack
22_4_ever
SDH89
NEELY
Hoags
PTFlea
23 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 12]

1Sens sign Da Costa! Empty Sens sign Da Costa! Thu Mar 31, 2011 10:33 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Yay, done deal, Da Costa a Sen!

Last edited by SpezDispenser on Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:06 pm; edited 1 time in total

2Sens sign Da Costa! Empty Re: Sens sign Da Costa! Thu Mar 31, 2011 10:36 am

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

All this hype for what might be the next Tyler Bozak ....

They must really like what they see if one of the Sens' scouts spent more time there than some of the students.

3Sens sign Da Costa! Empty Re: Sens sign Da Costa! Thu Mar 31, 2011 10:44 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

A free prospect is always sweet. Hopefully he chooses Ottawa, so many NCAA guys here I think they may have the advantage. Butler and Winchester are shinning examples of what Ottawa will do for the kid if he earns his time.

4Sens sign Da Costa! Empty Re: Sens sign Da Costa! Thu Mar 31, 2011 10:47 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Hoags wrote:All this hype for what might be the next Tyler Bozak ....

They must really like what they see if one of the Sens' scouts spent more time there than some of the students.

That's a tough call Hoagie....Bozak is quite good, but he was thrust into a top line C position where he probably would be better served in the bottom 6 until he got more acclimatized to the NHL. They set him back a good year IMO.

He'll be good, nothing special, but he'll be solid - just not for Toronto (IMO again).

5Sens sign Da Costa! Empty Re: Sens sign Da Costa! Thu Mar 31, 2011 10:50 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Bozak would be a fantastic option as the 2nd line center in Ottawa. He's in a tough spot in Toronto because they expect him, Kadri, or who ever has any kind of offesnive flash at all to be the top line center and put up 80 plus points.

Bozak would be more like a Wiess, a guy who can get ya 50-60 points playing with some talent and on the PP/

6Sens sign Da Costa! Empty Re: Sens sign Da Costa! Thu Mar 31, 2011 10:58 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

MikeMcMahonET Mike McMahon
by ScoreOttawa
Have heard from two sources who "believe" that Da Costa is deciding between Ottawa and Minnesota

7Sens sign Da Costa! Empty Re: Sens sign Da Costa! Thu Mar 31, 2011 11:29 am

SDH89

SDH89
Veteran
Veteran

I'd like to get him, but is it just me, or do I not see any room up here for him next year?

8Sens sign Da Costa! Empty Re: Sens sign Da Costa! Thu Mar 31, 2011 11:31 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SDH89 wrote:I'd like to get him, but is it just me, or do I not see any room up here for him next year?

Depends on who we draft. If it's RNH or Landeskog, there's less room. If it's someone who's not NHL ready, then he'll have a HUGE opportunity to be the 2nd line C. Other than Regin, we don't really have a 2nd line C option IMO.

9Sens sign Da Costa! Empty Re: Sens sign Da Costa! Thu Mar 31, 2011 11:39 am

SDH89

SDH89
Veteran
Veteran

SpezDispenser wrote:
SDH89 wrote:I'd like to get him, but is it just me, or do I not see any room up here for him next year?

Depends on who we draft. If it's RNH or Landeskog, there's less room. If it's someone who's not NHL ready, then he'll have a HUGE opportunity to be the 2nd line C. Other than Regin, we don't really have a 2nd line C option IMO.

I've been looking over potential roster scenarios for next year lately, and I'm having trouble trying to fit some guys in, adding Da Costa on top of that seems next to impossible for next year.

1.Jason Spezza
2.Daniel Alfredsson
3.Milan Michalek
4.Chris Neil
5.Nick Foligno
6.Peter Regin
7.Colin Greening
8.Jesse Winchester
9.Bobby Butler
10.Zack Smith
11.Ryan Shannon
12.Erik Condra
13.Hopefully our 1st rounder
14. Murray has said he'd like to add a FA forward this summer

Which of these guys don't make the cut going into next year? I can't see Condra and Greening going back down. I know some of you have been down on Regin, but I think he'll bounce back and be effective next year. I'm not a huge fan, but I know he's well liked and Murray likes him aswell, so Shannon will be back. It wouldn't break my heart to get rid of Winchester and let Smith roll as 4th line C.

Lots of question marks, and I just don't see much room for Da Costa with the big club next year.

10Sens sign Da Costa! Empty Re: Sens sign Da Costa! Thu Mar 31, 2011 11:54 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Let's say you totally take out #14, screw getting a UFA, so that leaves 13+ Da Costa (12 + Da Costa if we don't re-sign Shannon, which would be a mistake).

Interesting, I thought we had room even with Regin. There would be battles for jobs that we haven't seen in a long time, but yes, there's certainly gonna be some issues fitting everyone in.

11Sens sign Da Costa! Empty Re: Sens sign Da Costa! Thu Mar 31, 2011 11:57 am

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Friedman says Ottawa has signed Da Costa

12Sens sign Da Costa! Empty Re: Sens sign Da Costa! Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:01 pm

22_4_ever

22_4_ever
Sophomore
Sophomore

You can rule some of the guys out of the Da Costa picture (I mean fighting for position) because they don't apply. Michalek, Spezza (he's the #1 no question) Alfie are all top 6 so he's not bumping them.

Seeing as Spezza is already a C that leaves him as the #2, 3 or #4 Center. I think you'd have to believe that Condra has a spot (at least to start next year) based on his play so far, and I'd put that at #3, or #4. Z. Smith is a #3 or #4 as well.

So that leaves Winchester, Regin, Da Costa and our 1st rounder to fight for the other C position, unless you move Da Costa to the wing.

Thoughts?

13Sens sign Da Costa! Empty Re: Sens sign Da Costa! Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:02 pm

22_4_ever

22_4_ever
Sophomore
Sophomore

Bob M just tweeted it as well...

Ottawa got him...

so the question is does he play a game this year and burn a year of eligibility or does he just travel with the team, a la Winchester a couple of years ago?

Last edited by 22_4_ever on Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:06 pm; edited 1 time in total

14Sens sign Da Costa! Empty Re: Sens sign Da Costa! Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:03 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Sens sign Da Costa!

15Sens sign Da Costa! Empty Re: Sens sign Da Costa! Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:05 pm

strachattack

strachattack
Rookie
Rookie