GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sens sign Da Costa!

+19
Ev
shabbs
rooneypoo
SeawaySensFan
wprager
sandysensfan
SensHulk
ddt
Riprock
LeCaptain
Cap'n Clutch
spader
dennycrane
strachattack
22_4_ever
SDH89
NEELY
Hoags
PTFlea
23 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down  Message [Page 10 of 12]

136Sens sign Da Costa! - Page 10 Empty Re: Sens sign Da Costa! Fri Apr 01, 2011 4:06 pm

rooneypoo

All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:Greening officially sent to Bingo.

Nice reward for a 2-goal performance! TwoThumbsUp!

He was just doing too much to help us win. Laugh1

137Sens sign Da Costa! - Page 10 Empty Re: Sens sign Da Costa! Fri Apr 01, 2011 4:40 pm

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

rooneypoo wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

Greening was here on an emergency recall so he had to be sent back.

138Sens sign Da Costa! - Page 10 Empty Re: Sens sign Da Costa! Fri Apr 01, 2011 4:43 pm

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Tim Murray was on Team 1200 today and apparently mentioned that the Sens are still after a college junior, but he hasn't yet decided if he wants to return to school.

139Sens sign Da Costa! - Page 10 Empty Re: Sens sign Da Costa! Fri Apr 01, 2011 5:57 pm

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

Yeah, I know. If it were up to me (and allowable), I would have sent Butler back. He's losing his way.

140Sens sign Da Costa! - Page 10 Empty Re: Sens sign Da Costa! Fri Apr 01, 2011 6:12 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

B-Sens are just one point behind 4th place Norfolk (although the Admirals hold a game in hand). They are 15 points ahead of Providence for the cross-over playoff spot. With 6 games to go they can't fall below Providence or be overtaken by 6th place (in their own division) Syracuse, so does this mean they've clinched a playoff spot? I think so, but the AHL standings page does not show an x. I must be missing something.

Anyhow, if they remain behind the Admirals, then the cross-over match up is against the Penguins. We don't want that in the first round. Bingo could use a few "call-downs" to ensure they win a few more games.

They play Norfolk on Wednesday.

141Sens sign Da Costa! - Page 10 Empty Re: Sens sign Da Costa! Fri Apr 01, 2011 7:00 pm

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran

wprager wrote:B-Sens are just one point behind 4th place Norfolk (although the Admirals hold a game in hand). They are 15 points ahead of Providence for the cross-over playoff spot. With 6 games to go they can't fall below Providence or be overtaken by 6th place (in their own division) Syracuse, so does this mean they've clinched a playoff spot? I think so, but the AHL standings page does not show an x. I must be missing something.

Anyhow, if they remain behind the Admirals, then the cross-over match up is against the Penguins. We don't want that in the first round. Bingo could use a few "call-downs" to ensure they win a few more games.

Correction.. they are 7 pts clear of Worchester of the other division which is the team they have to beat out for the cross over spot. They are also 3 pts up on 3rd place Connecticut in the other division. If B-Sens finish with more pts than 3rd place Connec... they play the #2 team in that division I believe.. and the 1st place would play the 3rd place Connecticut... At least I think I read that.
So the B-Sens it's best for them to 'win-out' this weekend or at least get 5 pts in their remaining 6 games to get in...

142Sens sign Da Costa! - Page 10 Empty Re: Sens sign Da Costa! Fri Apr 01, 2011 7:14 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

sandysensfan wrote:
wprager wrote:B-Sens are just one point behind 4th place Norfolk (although the Admirals hold a game in hand). They are 15 points ahead of Providence for the cross-over playoff spot. With 6 games to go they can't fall below Providence or be overtaken by 6th place (in their own division) Syracuse, so does this mean they've clinched a playoff spot? I think so, but the AHL standings page does not show an x. I must be missing something.

Correction.. they are 7 pts clear of Worchester of the other division which is the team they have to beat out for the cross over spot. They are also 3 pts up on 3rd place Connecticut in the other division. If B-Sens finish with more pts than 3rd place Connec... they play the #2 team in that division I believe.. and the 1st place would play the 3rd place Connecticut... At least I think I read that.
So the B-Sens it's best for them to 'win-out' this weekend or at least get 5 pts in their remaining 6 games to get in...

Ah, crap, I was looking at the wrong team (Bruins, who are 5th in the Atlantic). The good news is that Worcester are playing just .500 hockey lately. Also I had not thought about passing the 3rd place team.

Also, I think I was way off on passing Norfolk. If Bingo passes them, then they remain in the East division as the 4th seed and they play the Penguins. It may be better to cross over and play #1 or #2 in the Atlantic. Who would you rather face in the 1st round -- the 53-20-0-1 (107 pots) Penguins or the 42-24-3-6 (93 points) Monarchs?

Yikes. It's complicated.

143Sens sign Da Costa! - Page 10 Empty Re: Sens sign Da Costa! Fri Apr 01, 2011 7:17 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

rooneypoo wrote:
wprager wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

Nice reward for a 2-goal performance! Sens sign Da Costa! - Page 10 457303

He was just doing too much to help us win. Sens sign Da Costa! - Page 10 270956

Yeah, I know. If it were up to me (and allowable), I would have sent Butler back. He's losing his way.

Likely exhausted. Not used to the schedule yet. Said so in an interview a short time ago.

144Sens sign Da Costa! - Page 10 Empty Re: Sens sign Da Costa! Fri Apr 01, 2011 7:43 pm

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

marakh wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:
wprager wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

Likely exhausted. Not used to the schedule yet. Said so in an interview a short time ago.

Meh. To me, it looks like a work ethic thing, especially when he loses his man in his own end. At any rate, I don't see the same thing affecting Greening, for instance.

I have high hopes for BB, but he has not looked particularly good for about 2 weeks now.

145Sens sign Da Costa! - Page 10 Empty Re: Sens sign Da Costa! Fri Apr 01, 2011 8:13 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

There's 30 lbs difference between the two of them, and Butler has played and extra 10 games in the NHL (50% more NHL games than Greening). Those are not insignificant differences. His conditioning will improve.

146Sens sign Da Costa! - Page 10 Empty Re: Sens sign Da Costa! Fri Apr 01, 2011 8:55 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Has anyone worn 20 since Vermette left? Smith took 15 after Heatley.

147Sens sign Da Costa! - Page 10 Empty Re: Sens sign Da Costa! Fri Apr 01, 2011 9:04 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Dash wrote:Has anyone worn 20 since Vermette left? Smith took 15 after Heatley.

Svatos did his first game

148Sens sign Da Costa! - Page 10 Empty Re: Sens sign Da Costa! Fri Apr 01, 2011 9:17 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

rooneypoo wrote:
Meh. To me, it looks like a work ethic thing, especially when he loses his man in his own end. At any rate, I don't see the same thing affecting Greening, for instance.

I have high hopes for BB, but he has not looked particularly good for about 2 weeks now.

He's used to about 40 games and he's closing in on 80 now between the NHL and the AHL. He's hit the old 'brick wall' that NCAA guys crash into.

149Sens sign Da Costa! - Page 10 Empty Re: Sens sign Da Costa! Fri Apr 01, 2011 9:24 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SpezDispenser wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:

He's used to about 40 games and he's closing in on 80 now between the NHL and the AHL. He's hit the old 'brick wall' that NCAA guys crash into.

Rooney's point was that Greening is in the same position. However Greening has 30 lbs on him and has played only 22 games in the NHL vs. 32 for Butler.

150Sens sign Da Costa! - Page 10 Empty Re: Sens sign Da Costa! Fri Apr 01, 2011 9:28 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:
Rooney's point was that Greening is in the same position. However Greening has 30 lbs on him and has played only 22 games in the NHL vs. 32 for Butler.

True enough actually...

151Sens sign Da Costa! - Page 10 Empty Re: Sens sign Da Costa! Fri Apr 01, 2011 9:29 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:

We're also dealing with 2 individuals. It's not surprising that they're dealing with the sked in their own, individual ways.

152Sens sign Da Costa! - Page 10 Empty Re: Sens sign Da Costa! Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:24 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

rooneypoo wrote:
marakh wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:
wprager wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

Well let's not compare work in the defensive end between a goal scorer and a good 2 way guy who is bigger and 2 years older. I'll give him some slack since it's his first pro season. He was very good in Bingo at the beginning of the year. He's played 79 games this year, 76 games the 2 years before combined.

153Sens sign Da Costa! - Page 10 Empty Re: Sens sign Da Costa! Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:33 pm

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:

Again, and why does that not apply to Greening?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 10 of 12]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum