GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sens sign Da Costa!

+19
Ev
shabbs
rooneypoo
SeawaySensFan
wprager
sandysensfan
SensHulk
ddt
Riprock
LeCaptain
Cap'n Clutch
spader
dennycrane
strachattack
22_4_ever
SDH89
NEELY
Hoags
PTFlea
23 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 12]

31Sens sign Da Costa! - Page 3 Empty Re: Sens sign Da Costa! Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:29 pm

LeCaptain

All-Star
All-Star

Murray is the best. I don't know what he tells all those guys but they are all buying it.

32Sens sign Da Costa! - Page 3 Empty Re: Sens sign Da Costa! Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:31 pm

SDH89

Veteran
Veteran

Nice signing, gotta love what Murray's doing.

33Sens sign Da Costa! - Page 3 Empty Re: Sens sign Da Costa! Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:31 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

marakh wrote:Murray is the best. I don't know what he tells all those guys but they are all buying it.

"You can play in the NHL - today."

34Sens sign Da Costa! - Page 3 Empty Re: Sens sign Da Costa! Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:36 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Nice surprise today - not that it's a shocker or anything, but still, nice to have it signed, sealed and delivered.

35Sens sign Da Costa! - Page 3 Empty Re: Sens sign Da Costa! Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:38 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:
marakh wrote:Murray is the best. I don't know what he tells all those guys but they are all buying it.

Dacosta: Today ?!! Ahhhhh! Ahhhhh!

36Sens sign Da Costa! - Page 3 Empty Re: Sens sign Da Costa! Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:42 pm

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:

I'm sure all the serious contenders (non playoff teams) told him that.

Murray must have one hell of a sales pitch.

37Sens sign Da Costa! - Page 3 Empty Re: Sens sign Da Costa! Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:45 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

38Sens sign Da Costa! - Page 3 Empty Re: Sens sign Da Costa! Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:46 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

22_4_ever wrote:2 year deal...you can guarantee he won't play a game this year and blow eligibility. He'll guaranteed travel and practice with the team though...

The opposite. You can gaurantee he will play a game and I bet it's Saturday night vs The Leafs, if not Monday. The deal probably was and always has been blowing a year of the ECL in order to sign him.

39Sens sign Da Costa! - Page 3 Empty Re: Sens sign Da Costa! Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:47 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Hoags wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

I'm sure all the serious contenders (non playoff teams) told him that.

Murray must have one hell of a sales pitch.

Yeah, he said look at Jesse Winchester, Bobby Butler, then also look at some of the guys we've drafted like Colin Greening, Erik Condra, Brian Lee, Brian Elliott etc. We love to support players coming out of the NCAA and we plan on indoctrinating you into the lineup immediately - if not tonight, then Saturday (which I hear is his debut).

Come on over and we'll sign a 2 year deal and you can get a feel for the organization and maybe position yourself as the 2nd line C.

Sign here, here and here.

40Sens sign Da Costa! - Page 3 Empty Re: Sens sign Da Costa! Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:47 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

NEELY wrote:
The opposite. You can gaurantee he will play a game and I bet it's Saturday night vs The Leafs, if not Monday. The deal probably was and always has been blowing a year of the ECL in order to sign him.

Confirmed for Saturday vs the Leafs.

41Sens sign Da Costa! - Page 3 Empty Re: Sens sign Da Costa! Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:48 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Oh Happy Day!!! CockRoche called this long ago!!!! Is he playing vs. Florida this evening?

42Sens sign Da Costa! - Page 3 Empty Re: Sens sign Da Costa! Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:51 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Dash wrote:Oh Happy Day!!! CockRoche called this long ago!!!! Is he playing vs. Florida this evening?

Saturday - and yes, he was very pro-Da Costa.

43Sens sign Da Costa! - Page 3 Empty Re: Sens sign Da Costa! Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:54 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

This is basically another 1st round pick coming into the fold for absolutely nothing. I think the signing of Da Costa means Ottawa is going to go after Landeskog with everything they have.

44Sens sign Da Costa! - Page 3 Empty Re: Sens sign Da Costa! Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:59 pm

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

NEELY wrote:This is basically another 1st round pick coming into the fold for absolutely nothing. I think the signing of Da Costa means Ottawa is going to go after Landeskog with everything they have.

How so ?

45Sens sign Da Costa! - Page 3 Empty Re: Sens sign Da Costa! Thu Mar 31, 2011 1:00 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

HappyDance1

46Sens sign Da Costa! - Page 3 Empty Re: Sens sign Da Costa! Thu Mar 31, 2011 1:02 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Hoags wrote:
NEELY wrote:This is basically another 1st round pick coming into the fold for absolutely nothing. I think the signing of Da Costa means Ottawa is going to go after Landeskog with everything they have.

How so ?

He's a player that is stepping into The NHL right away, not all 1st round picks have that ability. He's a player that is going to either be helping the organization in The AHL or NHL next season, not all 1st round picks have that ability.

If you are looking at it from a pure value standpoint, it's probably on par with that Nashville pick Ottawa has.

47Sens sign Da Costa! - Page 3 Empty Re: Sens sign Da Costa! Thu Mar 31, 2011 1:04 pm

ddt

ddt
Rookie
Rookie

22_4_ever wrote:You can rule some of the guys out of the Da Costa picture (I mean fighting for position) because they don't apply. Michalek, Spezza (he's the #1 no question) Alfie are all top 6 so he's not bumping them.

Seeing as Spezza is already a C that leaves him as the #2, 3 or #4 Center. I think you'd have to believe that Condra has a spot (at least to start next year) based on his play so far, and I'd put that at #3, or #4. Z. Smith is a #3 or #4 as well.

So that leaves Winchester, Regin, Da Costa and our 1st rounder to fight for the other C position, unless you move Da Costa to the wing.

Thoughts?

I know Condra looks like the second coming of Chris Kelly ( Sarcasm ), but he's not a C. He's actually a RW.

48Sens sign Da Costa! - Page 3 Empty Re: Sens sign Da Costa! Thu Mar 31, 2011 1:04 pm

22_4_ever

22_4_ever
Sophomore
Sophomore

Couldn't agree more...I think a lot will be how he plays the remaining games. Joy Lindsay (bingo blogger) says he can't play for Bingo in the playoffs if he plays 1 game in the NHL, but I doubt that's of any concern with Butler, Condra, Greening..etc being able to go back if needed.

Do you think Biggs, Baertschi, or even maybe Saad come into play (ie trading down and getting another pick)? Just thinking about top wingers and their position in the draft, if we don't need another C. Then again, it's easier to convert a C to a winger than convert a winger to a C.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 12]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum