GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sens sign Da Costa!

+19
Ev
shabbs
rooneypoo
SeawaySensFan
wprager
sandysensfan
SensHulk
ddt
Riprock
LeCaptain
Cap'n Clutch
spader
dennycrane
strachattack
22_4_ever
SDH89
NEELY
Hoags
PTFlea
23 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 12]

16Sens sign Da Costa! - Page 2 Empty Re: Sens sign Da Costa! Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:02 pm

22_4_ever

Sophomore
Sophomore

Bob M just tweeted it as well...

Ottawa got him...

so the question is does he play a game this year and burn a year of eligibility or does he just travel with the team, a la Winchester a couple of years ago?

Last edited by 22_4_ever on Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:06 pm; edited 1 time in total

17Sens sign Da Costa! - Page 2 Empty Re: Sens sign Da Costa! Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:03 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Sens sign Da Costa!

18Sens sign Da Costa! - Page 2 Empty Re: Sens sign Da Costa! Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:05 pm

strachattack

Rookie
Rookie

Dancing

19Sens sign Da Costa! - Page 2 Empty Re: Sens sign Da Costa! Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:05 pm

22_4_ever

22_4_ever
Sophomore
Sophomore

2 year deal...you can guarantee he won't play a game this year and blow eligibility. He'll guaranteed travel and practice with the team though...

20Sens sign Da Costa! - Page 2 Empty Re: Sens sign Da Costa! Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:06 pm

strachattack

strachattack
Rookie
Rookie

22_4_ever wrote:2 year deal...you can guarantee he won't play a game this year and blow eligibility. He'll guaranteed travel and practice with the team though...

I thought the premise for the deal would have been the fact Ottawa would give him playing time this season. Much like Butler did last year. No?

21Sens sign Da Costa! - Page 2 Empty Re: Sens sign Da Costa! Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:07 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

22_4_ever wrote:2 year deal...you can guarantee he won't play a game this year and blow eligibility. He'll guaranteed travel and practice with the team though...

Meh, they're burn a year I think. Screw it, we wanted him bad and he wanted to be here. Game on!

22Sens sign Da Costa! - Page 2 Empty Re: Sens sign Da Costa! Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:07 pm

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

22_4_ever wrote:
so the question is does he play a game this year and burn a year of eligibility or does he just travel with the team, a la Winchester a couple of years ago?

He'll play this year and blow a year off his ELC. I'm sure that was a big factor in him signing here.

He may even play against Toronto on Saturday.

23Sens sign Da Costa! - Page 2 Empty Re: Sens sign Da Costa! Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:09 pm

22_4_ever

22_4_ever
Sophomore
Sophomore

SpezDispenser wrote:

Meh, they're burn a year I think. Screw it, we wanted him bad and he wanted to be here. Game on!

I wouldn't think they would burn a year, but then again, if that's the case we can send of the AHL guys back down to help with the playoff run there. A bunch will be going back for the run anyway...I would think once the NHL season is done, Hale, Wiercioch, Condra, Butler, Greening will all go back to play if needed.

24Sens sign Da Costa! - Page 2 Empty Re: Sens sign Da Costa! Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:14 pm

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran

He will play this year, likely a few games. It will get a few more bums in seats for the final homestand and it was likely part of the deal to get him here.

25Sens sign Da Costa! - Page 2 Empty Re: Sens sign Da Costa! Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:16 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Huge news. I agree with those who're saying that he'll probably play this year and burn a year, just like Butler did. That'll give him a year to try to work his way onto the team.

For those who're worried about where he'll fit, keep in mind that Shannon is definitely a utility guy and can sit. Regin could be packaged, as could Foligno (I hope he isn't, but it's possible). Murray is definitely aware of the fact that things are starting to get crowded. I'm sure he has a plan.

Have I mentioned that I'm getting excited about next year?

26Sens sign Da Costa! - Page 2 Empty Re: Sens sign Da Costa! Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:17 pm

strachattack

strachattack
Rookie
Rookie

Apparently he'll be in the line up against the Leafs this weekend. Nod

BTW... if Boston beats the Leafs tonight Ottawa can officially eliminate the Leafs from the playoff race tomorrow.

Last edited by strachattack on Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:18 pm; edited 1 time in total

27Sens sign Da Costa! - Page 2 Empty Re: Sens sign Da Costa! Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:18 pm

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

strachattack wrote:Apparently he'll be in the line up against the Leafs this weekend. Nod

no pressure ! Laugh1

28Sens sign Da Costa! - Page 2 Empty Re: Sens sign Da Costa! Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:20 pm

strachattack

strachattack
Rookie
Rookie

Hoags wrote:
strachattack wrote:Apparently he'll be in the line up against the Leafs this weekend. Nod

no pressure ! Laugh1

Laugh1 I don't expect much from him. No more than what Butler did late last season but yeah, what a hell of a jump for the guy. Right from College to playing in the bigs in a Leafs-Sens show down. Likely in front of a sell out crowd too. Wow... Do ya think he'll be a little nervous?

29Sens sign Da Costa! - Page 2 Empty Re: Sens sign Da Costa! Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:22 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Nice story to tell the grand kids though. :D

30Sens sign Da Costa! - Page 2 Empty Re: Sens sign Da Costa! Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:27 pm

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Cap'n Clutch wrote:Nice story to tell the grand kids though. :D

"I remember playing my very first game for Ottawa against the Maple Leafs. I was so excited until I found out I will be playing on the 4th line with Francis Lessard"

31Sens sign Da Costa! - Page 2 Empty Re: Sens sign Da Costa! Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:29 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Murray is the best. I don't know what he tells all those guys but they are all buying it.

32Sens sign Da Costa! - Page 2 Empty Re: Sens sign Da Costa! Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:31 pm

SDH89

SDH89
Veteran
Veteran

Nice signing, gotta love what Murray's doing.

33Sens sign Da Costa! - Page 2 Empty Re: Sens sign Da Costa! Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:31 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

marakh wrote:Murray is the best. I don't know what he tells all those guys but they are all buying it.

"You can play in the NHL - today."

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 12]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum