GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Nikolai Khabibulin on waivers!

+11
SensGirl11
Number Twenty Nine
Phoenix30
jamvan
COLLAR UP
PTFlea
rooneypoo
smash88
Riprock
Cronie
shabbs
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down  Message [Page 7 of 10]

91Nikolai Khabibulin on waivers! - Page 7 Empty Re: Nikolai Khabibulin on waivers! Mon Sep 29, 2008 9:03 pm

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

rooneypoo wrote:I'm pretty sure he'll clear. The salary is just to big right now. Stranger things have happened, I suppose, but I think CHI is going to have to deal him and take on salary in return OR give up a pick/prospect to make it happen.
Yeah, they're going to have to sweeten the pot or become part of a bigger trade.

92Nikolai Khabibulin on waivers! - Page 7 Empty Re: Nikolai Khabibulin on waivers! Tue Sep 30, 2008 6:26 am

Number Twenty Nine

Veteran
Veteran

Maybe they'll bring him back on re-entry - Huet got blown out last night - lol

93Nikolai Khabibulin on waivers! - Page 7 Empty Re: Nikolai Khabibulin on waivers! Tue Sep 30, 2008 7:46 am

rooneypoo

All-Star
All-Star

Number Twenty Nine wrote:Maybe they'll bring him back on re-entry - Huet got blown out last night - lol

Sounds like this Niemi kid is outperforming everybody at camp. He could surprise... tho' when you give a guy (Huet) that much money, you have to think he's going to be the number one no matter what.

94Nikolai Khabibulin on waivers! - Page 7 Empty Re: Nikolai Khabibulin on waivers! Tue Sep 30, 2008 8:11 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

rooneypoo wrote:Sounds like this Niemi kid is outperforming everybody at camp. He could surprise... tho' when you give a guy (Huet) that much money, you have to think he's going to be the number one no matter what.
Meh. Pre-season is such a different time and it's not easy to gauge everyone's performance properly. Players' heads aren't fully into the game, there's no real motivation unless you're fighting for a spot. Add this trip to Sweden and strange things can happen with players' minds. Last year, the Sens were coming off the SCF appearance and then went undefeated in the pre-season. They were itching for more after a look at the Cup and were motivated. This year, I think they're back down to earth and frankly, I'm glad we've had a wishy washy pre-season so far. Get it together for the regular season and let's do this.

95Nikolai Khabibulin on waivers! - Page 7 Empty Re: Nikolai Khabibulin on waivers! Tue Sep 30, 2008 11:55 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Well, Khabby should be clearing waivers in about 5 mins...

Wink

I'll have to check out Hockeycentral at Noon today to see if they get "the call" during the show.

96Nikolai Khabibulin on waivers! - Page 7 Empty Re: Nikolai Khabibulin on waivers! Tue Sep 30, 2008 12:03 pm

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran

shabbs wrote:Well, Khabby should be clearing waivers in about 5 mins...

Wink

I'll have to check out Hockeycentral at Noon today to see if they get "the call" during the show.

Yeah I wonder what will happen...

When can he go onto re-entry?

97Nikolai Khabibulin on waivers! - Page 7 Empty Re: Nikolai Khabibulin on waivers! Tue Sep 30, 2008 12:54 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=251197&lid=sublink01&lpos=headlines_main

He cleared waivers.

98Nikolai Khabibulin on waivers! - Page 7 Empty Re: Nikolai Khabibulin on waivers! Tue Sep 30, 2008 1:01 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

DashRiprock wrote:http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=251197&lid=sublink01&lpos=headlines_main

He cleared waivers.

Re-entry time...no other options for you nerds (Chicago).

99Nikolai Khabibulin on waivers! - Page 7 Empty Re: Nikolai Khabibulin on waivers! Tue Sep 30, 2008 1:02 pm

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran

DashRiprock wrote:http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=251197&lid=sublink01&lpos=headlines_main

He cleared waivers.

Yeah there are so many teams that could make a pitch for this guy... I have a bad feeling we will get out bid or something... or some time will make some ridiculous offer that can't be matched by anyone

100Nikolai Khabibulin on waivers! - Page 7 Empty Re: Nikolai Khabibulin on waivers! Tue Sep 30, 2008 1:05 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

smash88 wrote:

He cleared waivers.

Yeah there are so many teams that could make a pitch for this guy... I have a bad feeling we will get out bid or something... or some time will make some ridiculous offer that can't be matched by anyone

Just 3 that have any kind of need: LA, Ottawa and Colorado (in that picking order). Gimme.

101Nikolai Khabibulin on waivers! - Page 7 Empty Re: Nikolai Khabibulin on waivers! Tue Sep 30, 2008 1:08 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Why does Eklund smoke crack before writing his little blogs. Why would the NY Rangers be in the mix of teams interested. Pfft.

102Nikolai Khabibulin on waivers! - Page 7 Empty Re: Nikolai Khabibulin on waivers! Tue Sep 30, 2008 1:10 pm

504Heater wrote:
smash88 wrote:

He cleared waivers.

Just 3 that have any kind of need: LA, Ottawa and Colorado (in that picking order). Gimme.

The interesting thing is will LA want to waste their spot on picking Khabibulin or look for one of the other waiver wire players. They would have a tough decision me thinks. The need help in a lot of places and given Khabibulin's success in Chicago with a similar team, this may not be the right fit for them.

Half price, I agree with Heater, Gimme... oh, and let me find a place for Gerbs.

103Nikolai Khabibulin on waivers! - Page 7 Empty Re: Nikolai Khabibulin on waivers! Tue Sep 30, 2008 1:12 pm

504Heater wrote:Why does Eklund smoke crack before writing his little blogs. Why would the NY Rangers be in the mix of teams interested. Pfft.

Eklund is secretly one of the writers of Family Guy. I think the cronic is his favourite. No way the Rangers are even taking a sniff. No chance, just dumb. Lundqvist would have to have flesh eating disease...

104Nikolai Khabibulin on waivers! - Page 7 Empty Re: Nikolai Khabibulin on waivers! Tue Sep 30, 2008 1:17 pm

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran

MurderOnIce wrote:
504Heater wrote:
smash88 wrote:

He cleared waivers.

The interesting thing is will LA want to waste their spot on picking Khabibulin or look for one of the other waiver wire players. They would have a tough decision me thinks. The need help in a lot of places and given Khabibulin's success in Chicago with a similar team, this may not be the right fit for them.

Half price, I agree with Heater, Gimme... oh, and let me find a place for Gerbs.

Yeah but at half-price I think you would see alot more teams that don't have as much of a need, all of a sudden get involved... Khabby at under 4 million is a steal IMO...

105Nikolai Khabibulin on waivers! - Page 7 Empty Re: Nikolai Khabibulin on waivers! Tue Sep 30, 2008 1:18 pm

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran

MurderOnIce wrote:
504Heater wrote:Why does Eklund smoke crack before writing his little blogs. Why would the NY Rangers be in the mix of teams interested. Pfft.

Eklund is secretly one of the writers of Family Guy. I think the cronic is his favourite. No way the Rangers are even taking a sniff. No chance, just dumb. Lundqvist would have to have flesh eating disease...

yeah Eklund has been just throwing out teams left and right for everything... you know Sundin is still going to the Habs you know! LOL

106Nikolai Khabibulin on waivers! - Page 7 Empty Re: Nikolai Khabibulin on waivers! Tue Sep 30, 2008 1:23 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

:lol!: :lol!: Puking2

Are you freaking serious???!!! He wrote that??? What a fool!! That has to be one of the funniest posts of the day!

107Nikolai Khabibulin on waivers! - Page 7 Empty Re: Nikolai Khabibulin on waivers! Tue Sep 30, 2008 1:32 pm

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

SensGirl11 wrote:

Are you freaking serious???!!! He wrote that??? What a fool!! That has to be one of the funniest posts of the day!
Well, if rumours of Lundqvist having major knee problems is true and he might require surgery.

108Nikolai Khabibulin on waivers! - Page 7 Empty Re: Nikolai Khabibulin on waivers! Tue Sep 30, 2008 1:39 pm

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran

jamvan wrote:
SensGirl11 wrote:

Well, if rumours of Lundqvist having major knee problems is true and he might require surgery.

Yeah that is true... I wonder how that will play out...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 7 of 10]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum