GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Nikolai Khabibulin on waivers!

+11
SensGirl11
Number Twenty Nine
Phoenix30
jamvan
COLLAR UP
PTFlea
rooneypoo
smash88
Riprock
Cronie
shabbs
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down  Message [Page 8 of 10]

106Nikolai Khabibulin on waivers! - Page 8 Empty Re: Nikolai Khabibulin on waivers! Tue Sep 30, 2008 1:23 pm

SensGirl11

Mod
Mod

504Heater wrote:Why does Eklund smoke crack before writing his little blogs. Why would the NY Rangers be in the mix of teams interested. Pfft.

:lol!: :lol!: Puking2

Are you freaking serious???!!! He wrote that??? What a fool!! That has to be one of the funniest posts of the day!

107Nikolai Khabibulin on waivers! - Page 8 Empty Re: Nikolai Khabibulin on waivers! Tue Sep 30, 2008 1:32 pm

jamvan

Veteran
Veteran

SensGirl11 wrote:
504Heater wrote:Why does Eklund smoke crack before writing his little blogs. Why would the NY Rangers be in the mix of teams interested. Pfft.

Are you freaking serious???!!! He wrote that??? What a fool!! That has to be one of the funniest posts of the day!
Well, if rumours of Lundqvist having major knee problems is true and he might require surgery.

108Nikolai Khabibulin on waivers! - Page 8 Empty Re: Nikolai Khabibulin on waivers! Tue Sep 30, 2008 1:39 pm

smash88

Veteran
Veteran

jamvan wrote:
SensGirl11 wrote:

Well, if rumours of Lundqvist having major knee problems is true and he might require surgery.

Yeah that is true... I wonder how that will play out...

109Nikolai Khabibulin on waivers! - Page 8 Empty Re: Nikolai Khabibulin on waivers! Tue Sep 30, 2008 1:42 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

jamvan wrote:

Did you hear that too? I heard that from 2 different people yesterday and no one seemed to know for sure.

I think the Rangers are hiding something about Lundqvist for sure.

110Nikolai Khabibulin on waivers! - Page 8 Empty Re: Nikolai Khabibulin on waivers! Tue Sep 30, 2008 1:44 pm

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran

504Heater wrote:
jamvan wrote:

Did you hear that too? I heard that from 2 different people yesterday and no one seemed to know for sure.

I think I read about it in the Sun a couple of weeks ago... the article was about how the Rangers have been trying to keep it under wraps, they don't really want anyone to know about it.. Which I figure is why it's so hard to get info about it...

111Nikolai Khabibulin on waivers! - Page 8 Empty Re: Nikolai Khabibulin on waivers! Tue Sep 30, 2008 2:45 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

What about a 3-way trade?

We get Khabi under the condition that Gerber is traded to (Colorado/LA/NYR/whatever)

112Nikolai Khabibulin on waivers! - Page 8 Empty Re: Nikolai Khabibulin on waivers! Tue Sep 30, 2008 2:47 pm

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran

DashRiprock wrote:What about a 3-way trade?

We get Khabi under the condition that Gerber is traded to (Colorado/LA/NYR/whatever)

Yeah there was talk of that yesterday... It will take something pretty crafty to get this one done...

113Nikolai Khabibulin on waivers! - Page 8 Empty Re: Nikolai Khabibulin on waivers! Tue Sep 30, 2008 2:50 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

The report of Murray having no interest could mean a few things. He could be saying that to throw people off, cause if he says they are interested, it upsets a lot of people (Gerber)... and if it fails, you wind up with no goalie and a pissed of goalie.

Also, it could very well mean he has no interest. Could also mean he has interest, but not at 6.75. Whether his interest increases with half that price or through a trade is a different story.

I firmly believe he is a better goalie than Gerber.

114Nikolai Khabibulin on waivers! - Page 8 Empty Re: Nikolai Khabibulin on waivers! Tue Sep 30, 2008 3:07 pm

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran

DashRiprock wrote:The report of Murray having no interest could mean a few things. He could be saying that to throw people off, cause if he says they are interested, it upsets a lot of people (Gerber)... and if it fails, you wind up with no goalie and a pissed of goalie.

Also, it could very well mean he has no interest. Could also mean he has interest, but not at 6.75. Whether his interest increases with half that price or through a trade is a different story.

I firmly believe he is a better goalie than Gerber.

Yeah I never thought of that too... It would be wise not to piss off Gerber... As we know that if he isn't the CLEAR number 1 goaltender on the team, he can't perform, he loses his confidence (don't get me started on that crock of beep...)

I also firmly believe he is a better goalie than Gerber...

115Nikolai Khabibulin on waivers! - Page 8 Empty Re: Nikolai Khabibulin on waivers! Tue Sep 30, 2008 3:17 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

I just think that knowing the team wants to replace you could affect confidence as well as morale.

116Nikolai Khabibulin on waivers! - Page 8 Empty Re: Nikolai Khabibulin on waivers! Tue Sep 30, 2008 3:19 pm

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran

DashRiprock wrote:I just think that knowing the team wants to replace you could affect confidence as well as morale.

Yeah for sure... in those circumstances yes... I just meant last year when they were saying Gerber was playing bad because he wasn't being told he was number 1, and that his confidence was lacking because he had to fight for his job... I thought that was total BS

117Nikolai Khabibulin on waivers! - Page 8 Empty Re: Nikolai Khabibulin on waivers! Tue Sep 30, 2008 4:04 pm

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

504Heater wrote:
jamvan wrote:

I have also heard the same thing. Although I don't know the full scope of the injury. But if its enough to warrant cortisone shots, you'd have to think it's a pretty serious issue. Cortisone shots aren't lightly handed, and in most cases, are not a doctor's first option.

118Nikolai Khabibulin on waivers! - Page 8 Empty Re: Nikolai Khabibulin on waivers! Tue Sep 30, 2008 11:35 pm

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

PKC wrote:
504Heater wrote:
jamvan wrote:

I have also heard the same thing. Although I don't know the full scope of the injury. But if its enough to warrant cortisone shots, you'd have to think it's a pretty serious issue. Cortisone shots aren't lightly handed, and in most cases, are not a doctor's first option.

I think I've already said this in another thread but...

The origin of this 'rumour' goes back to a mistranslation of a European report, in which Lundqvist said that he got a cortisone shot in each knee once, back in July. An NA paper picked up on this, mistranslated the passage into the plural, and boom we have this rumour. For this reason, I wouldn't put much stock in it.

119Nikolai Khabibulin on waivers! - Page 8 Empty Re: Nikolai Khabibulin on waivers! Wed Oct 01, 2008 12:30 am

Acrobat

Acrobat
Veteran
Veteran

One shot in each knee = two shots, thus plural?
And this leads to a rumored trade for an almost-washed-up goalie?

Has anyone really watched him move on the ice - is/was it any different than last year? This would be the telling sign. MCL/ACL would be the likely injury, and if he really needed surgery, I can't imagine they wouldn't have encouraged him to do it in the summer, so he could rehab properly - goalies put a ton of strain on both of those ligaments, as well as the hips. Even a minor strain and he won't have the ability to pop up from a butterfly properly and to power across the net.

120Nikolai Khabibulin on waivers! - Page 8 Empty Re: Nikolai Khabibulin on waivers! Wed Oct 01, 2008 9:19 am

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

Well the fact remains that he still took even one injection of cortisone. All I'm saying is that doctors tend not to encourage shots of cortisone. It's a suppressant at best. If he has an issue serious enough that he'd need a cortisone shot, then he definitely has an issue.

121Nikolai Khabibulin on waivers! - Page 8 Empty Re: Nikolai Khabibulin on waivers! Wed Oct 01, 2008 9:48 am

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

Acrobat wrote:One shot in each knee = two shots, thus plural?
And this leads to a rumored trade for an almost-washed-up goalie?

Has anyone really watched him move on the ice - is/was it any different than last year? This would be the telling sign. MCL/ACL would be the likely injury, and if he really needed surgery, I can't imagine they wouldn't have encouraged him to do it in the summer, so he could rehab properly - goalies put a ton of strain on both of those ligaments, as well as the hips. Even a minor strain and he won't have the ability to pop up from a butterfly properly and to power across the net.
I don't agree with that. Fisher and Alfie both should have gotten surgery for their injuries, but opted out. It happens everyday that athletes opt out of surgery. Just look at how long it took Tiger to go for it.

122Nikolai Khabibulin on waivers! - Page 8 Empty Re: Nikolai Khabibulin on waivers! Wed Oct 01, 2008 10:10 am

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

PKC wrote:Well the fact remains that he still took even one injection of cortisone. All I'm saying is that doctors tend not to encourage shots of cortisone. It's a suppressant at best. If he has an issue serious enough that he'd need a cortisone shot, then he definitely has an issue.

I agree there. Cortisone is nasty stuff, easing the pain and convincing your body that there's no problem, which in turn tricks you into going back to your usual routine and further injuring / straining the muscle / ligament in question. I don't know why anyone takes the stuff. When my rotator cuffs went out of whack on me, the doctors offered it, but I turned it down for rehabing exercises.

All I'm saying, tho', is that we should be wary of the truth-value of this story. It's potentially been blown way out of proportion because of a mistranslation.

123Nikolai Khabibulin on waivers! - Page 8 Empty Re: Nikolai Khabibulin on waivers! Wed Oct 01, 2008 3:47 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

You can apparently count out the Avalanche as a destination for Khabibulin: http://www.sportsnet.ca/thewire/hockey/2008/10/01/available_goalie_not/

Avalanche fans with dreams of Nikolai Khabibulin stopping pucks for the team can forget it - at least for now. The former Stanley Cup-winning goalie is on the trade market, but the Avs indicated they were not interested in a deal with the Chicago Blackhawks. "(General manager) Francois Giguere said in the (Sept. 2) press conference announcing the signing of Joe Sakic that the team in place then was the team that would likely be in place entering opening night," Avalanche vice president Jean Martineau said. Acquiring Khabibulin, who cleared waivers Tuesday, would be a risk for the Avs, not just because of the $6.75 million salary due on this, the last year of his contract. Colorado has only about $5 million of room under the NHL's salary cap, so it would have to give up a quality player to make room for him. Khabibulin is 35 and has not performed at the level he reached while winning a Cup with Tampa Bay in 2004. He had a 3.35 goals-against average and .886 save percentage for Chicago in 2005-06, the first year of a four-year, free-agent deal with the Blackhawks. His statistics have been better the last two seasons, but still not among the NHL's top goalies.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 8 of 10]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum