GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sens: No interest in Khabibulin

+9
Mosky
smash88
jamvan
PTFlea
Cronie
COLLAR UP
rooneypoo
PKC
shabbs
13 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

1Sens: No interest in Khabibulin Empty Sens: No interest in Khabibulin Tue Sep 30, 2008 9:36 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Sportsnet is reporting that the Sens have no interest in Khabibulin

From: http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/2008/09/30/sens_khabibulin/

Bryan Murray told reporters in Sweden on Tuesday morning that Khabibulin's price tag is too steep for the Senators to take on their payroll.

Well, that ends that speculation.

2Sens: No interest in Khabibulin Empty Re: Sens: No interest in Khabibulin Tue Sep 30, 2008 9:42 am

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

Unless they bring him up through re-entry waivers, and we have a taker for Gerber.

3Sens: No interest in Khabibulin Empty Re: Sens: No interest in Khabibulin Tue Sep 30, 2008 9:45 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

PKC wrote:Unless they bring him up through re-entry waivers, and we have a taker for Gerber.
Heh. True. With Murray, you have to pay close attention to what he says... they have no interest in him at $6.75M. I guess the speculation lives on for a bit longer...

Wink

4Sens: No interest in Khabibulin Empty Re: Sens: No interest in Khabibulin Tue Sep 30, 2008 9:55 am

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

PKC wrote:Unless they bring him up through re-entry waivers, and we have a taker for Gerber.

Two very big ifs.

Khabby will clear waivers at noon with no one claiming him. After that, we'll probably have days and days of speculation before his situation is finally sorted out via a trade, re-entry waivers, or demotion (if that is indeed an option). I wonder if the KHL is an option for him...?

5Sens: No interest in Khabibulin Empty Re: Sens: No interest in Khabibulin Tue Sep 30, 2008 10:03 am

COLLAR UP

COLLAR UP
Rookie
Rookie

I'll have to admit...I was kinda hoping that something was being worked out...

6Sens: No interest in Khabibulin Empty Re: Sens: No interest in Khabibulin Tue Sep 30, 2008 10:27 am

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

COLLAR UP wrote:I'll have to admit...I was kinda hoping that something was being worked out...

Ditto. While a part of me wants to give Gerber free reign to show or prove his worth, another part of me is afraid of his play and thought maybe Khabi could alleviate those fears, but not at the full price, more re-entry or so.

7Sens: No interest in Khabibulin Empty Re: Sens: No interest in Khabibulin Tue Sep 30, 2008 10:37 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

The one thing I do like about Khabby is that when the pressure is on, he delivers. I don't have the same type of feeling in Gerber's ability, and I'm hoping Gerber can answer the critics this season and show us that he's a real #1 goalie.

8Sens: No interest in Khabibulin Empty Re: Sens: No interest in Khabibulin Tue Sep 30, 2008 10:40 am

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

shabbs wrote:The one thing I do like about Khabby is that when the pressure is on, he delivers. I don't have the same type of feeling in Gerber's ability, and I'm hoping Gerber can answer the critics this season and show us that he's a real #1 goalie.

I hear ya dude!

One FOND memory of Gerber for me, is when they played Pittsburgh near the end of the regular season, and he stoned Crosby like 3 times on breakaways! That was awesome!

As for Khabi, I agree. Not to mention, if he excelled under a guy like Torts, assuming his mental accuity is still sharp, he's definitely worth a try, but not at his full price.

9Sens: No interest in Khabibulin Empty Re: Sens: No interest in Khabibulin Tue Sep 30, 2008 10:41 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Doesn't Khabby have like a 940 save % in the playoffs. Something silly like that.

10Sens: No interest in Khabibulin Empty Re: Sens: No interest in Khabibulin Tue Sep 30, 2008 10:50 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

504Heater wrote:Doesn't Khabby have like a 940 save % in the playoffs. Something silly like that.
Not sure, but it's been a while since he's seen post-season action... not since Tampa days. The NHL Stats Machine should be able to extract that data.

11Sens: No interest in Khabibulin Empty Re: Sens: No interest in Khabibulin Tue Sep 30, 2008 10:51 am

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

WHOA! Is it that high?!?!
Of course, all GM's deny everything in the face of the media, right?
Plus, why bring 3 goalies to Sweden with you?!

12Sens: No interest in Khabibulin Empty Re: Sens: No interest in Khabibulin Tue Sep 30, 2008 11:01 am

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

Cronenbergfan wrote:WHOA! Is it that high?!?!
I think the 3 goalies are in case of injury.

Did you hear Karlsson had a goal and assist in a game yesterday!!!

13Sens: No interest in Khabibulin Empty Re: Sens: No interest in Khabibulin Tue Sep 30, 2008 11:07 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

The teams playing overseas are allowed to bring 3 in case of injury.

14Sens: No interest in Khabibulin Empty Re: Sens: No interest in Khabibulin Tue Sep 30, 2008 11:07 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

jamvan wrote:
I think the 3 goalies are in case of injury.

Did you hear Karlsson had a goal and assist in a game yesterday!!!

Yes! He's my favourite prospect with O'Brien!

15Sens: No interest in Khabibulin Empty Re: Sens: No interest in Khabibulin Tue Sep 30, 2008 11:08 am

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

504Heater wrote:

The teams playing overseas are allowed to bring 3 in case of injury.

Ah, I see.

When I heard Elliot was in tow, I thought maybe Murray has something in the works, but nope... hehe

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum