GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sens: No interest in Khabibulin

+9
Mosky
smash88
jamvan
PTFlea
Cronie
COLLAR UP
rooneypoo
PKC
shabbs
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 4]

16Sens: No interest in Khabibulin - Page 2 Empty Re: Sens: No interest in Khabibulin Tue Sep 30, 2008 11:07 am

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Cronenbergfan wrote:WHOA! Is it that high?!?!
Of course, all GM's deny everything in the face of the media, right?
Plus, why bring 3 goalies to Sweden with you?!

The teams playing overseas are allowed to bring 3 in case of injury.

17Sens: No interest in Khabibulin - Page 2 Empty Re: Sens: No interest in Khabibulin Tue Sep 30, 2008 11:07 am

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

jamvan wrote:
I think the 3 goalies are in case of injury.

Did you hear Karlsson had a goal and assist in a game yesterday!!!

Yes! He's my favourite prospect with O'Brien!

18Sens: No interest in Khabibulin - Page 2 Empty Re: Sens: No interest in Khabibulin Tue Sep 30, 2008 11:08 am

Cronie

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

504Heater wrote:

The teams playing overseas are allowed to bring 3 in case of injury.

Ah, I see.

When I heard Elliot was in tow, I thought maybe Murray has something in the works, but nope... hehe

19Sens: No interest in Khabibulin - Page 2 Empty Re: Sens: No interest in Khabibulin Tue Sep 30, 2008 11:09 am

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

504Heater wrote:
jamvan wrote:
I think the 3 goalies are in case of injury.

Did you hear Karlsson had a goal and assist in a game yesterday!!!

I like O'Brien too, but they need to get him to a psychologist. He has no confidence he can play at the big league level. He looked absolutely lost in the pre-season.

20Sens: No interest in Khabibulin - Page 2 Empty Re: Sens: No interest in Khabibulin Tue Sep 30, 2008 11:10 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

jamvan wrote:
I like O'Brien too, but they need to get him to a psychologist. He has no confidence he can play at the big league level. He looked absolutely lost in the pre-season.[/quote]

He'll gain confidence in Seattle, then Bingo. He needs to add 15-20 pounds of arse killing muscle. He looked real confident in development camp, just keep going. You are the future RW with Spezza and Heatley! C'mon man (O'Brien not you Jam)!

21Sens: No interest in Khabibulin - Page 2 Empty Re: Sens: No interest in Khabibulin Tue Sep 30, 2008 11:17 am

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

504Heater wrote:
jamvan wrote:
I like O'Brien too, but they need to get him to a psychologist. He has no confidence he can play at the big league level. He looked absolutely lost in the pre-season.

He'll gain confidence in Seattle, then Bingo. He needs to add 15-20 pounds of arse killing muscle. He looked real confident in development camp, just keep going. You are the future RW with Spezza and Heatley! C'mon man (O'Brien not you Jam)![/quote]
Tampa is still looking at cutting some cap room. I wonder if we could swing a deal to move Mez's best friend Schubert and a pick for Jokinen.

22Sens: No interest in Khabibulin - Page 2 Empty Re: Sens: No interest in Khabibulin Tue Sep 30, 2008 11:18 am

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Will Jokinen help us out and/or be a significant upgrade overt Schubie?

23Sens: No interest in Khabibulin - Page 2 Empty Re: Sens: No interest in Khabibulin Tue Sep 30, 2008 11:30 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Cronenbergfan wrote:Will Jokinen help us out and/or be a significant upgrade overt Schubie?

Yes.

24Sens: No interest in Khabibulin - Page 2 Empty Re: Sens: No interest in Khabibulin Tue Sep 30, 2008 11:34 am

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

Cronenbergfan wrote:Will Jokinen help us out and/or be a significant upgrade overt Schubie?
Absolutely. Jokinen is a top 6 forward.

25Sens: No interest in Khabibulin - Page 2 Empty Re: Sens: No interest in Khabibulin Tue Sep 30, 2008 11:37 am

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Cool. I just wanted your opinions, because a top 6 F seems to be relative to an individuals thought or take. Plus, I'm not too familiar with Jokinen.

26Sens: No interest in Khabibulin - Page 2 Empty Re: Sens: No interest in Khabibulin Tue Sep 30, 2008 11:38 am

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

If I had to answer that question very simply, my answer would be yes. But given the make up of our current team, my answer would be I don't know.

You'd have a team (potentially) of:

Vermette - Spezza - Heatley
Jokinen - Fisher - Alfredsson
Foligno - Kelly - Winchester
Neil - Bass - Ruutu

What happens to McAmmond and Donovan? Can we afford Jokinen's extra 1 million cap hit this season? Are we hindering the development of Foligno or Winchester? Can we afford Neil (1.1 million) and Ruutu (1.3 million) on our fourth line in this scenario?

All questions where the answer for me is "I don't know."

27Sens: No interest in Khabibulin - Page 2 Empty Re: Sens: No interest in Khabibulin Tue Sep 30, 2008 11:40 am

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran

shabbs wrote:
PKC wrote:Unless they bring him up through re-entry waivers, and we have a taker for Gerber.
Heh. True. With Murray, you have to pay close attention to what he says... they have no interest in him at $6.75M. I guess the speculation lives on for a bit longer...

Wink

Yeah in retrospect 6.75 is alot of coin... But I'm not closing the door on this one yet... I smell maybe a trade in a couple of days... Should be interesting either way...

28Sens: No interest in Khabibulin - Page 2 Empty Re: Sens: No interest in Khabibulin Tue Sep 30, 2008 11:42 am

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

I see something with Colorado getting potentially worked out.

29Sens: No interest in Khabibulin - Page 2 Empty Re: Sens: No interest in Khabibulin Tue Sep 30, 2008 11:49 am

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran

PKC wrote:I see something with Colorado getting potentially worked out.

I sure hope so... I really don't like our goaltending situation...

30Sens: No interest in Khabibulin - Page 2 Empty Re: Sens: No interest in Khabibulin Tue Sep 30, 2008 11:49 am

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Colorado, eh?

That does make sense, but then where does that leave us? LOL

If he goes through re-entry, I think Colorado will snag him, and it would be a bargain at 50% of his original contract.

I'm REALLY starting to warm up to the idea of Khabi in a Sens uni though...

31Sens: No interest in Khabibulin - Page 2 Empty Re: Sens: No interest in Khabibulin Tue Sep 30, 2008 11:52 am

Mosky

Mosky
Rookie
Rookie

Cronenbergfan wrote:Colorado, eh?

If he goes through re-entry, I think Colorado will snag him, and it would be a bargain at 50% of his original contract.

I don't know if I can warm up to this idea... I just don't see it working out for the organization... :drunken:

32Sens: No interest in Khabibulin - Page 2 Empty Re: Sens: No interest in Khabibulin Tue Sep 30, 2008 11:57 am

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

jamvan wrote:
Absolutely. Jokinen is a top 6 forward.

I would say "absolutely a top 6 forward" is a big stretch, to put it nicely.

Jussi Jokinen has been in the league for three years and has been on a steady decline, putting up 55, then 48, and the 42 points per season. For most of that time, he played for a DAL team desperate for offence up front; he was given every opportunity during his time there to play in the top 6 and he didn't really do much with it. That's why he was traded to TB, in a deal in which he was essentially a tack-on piece, Smith and Halpern being the real attractions for TB.

If he landed here, you would be seriously displeased with him in a matter of weeks. He's notoriously soft along the boards and in pursuit of the puck. He's not a hidden gem. He's been moved around for a reason. We have to stop looking to other people's leftovers for answers and start to put a little faith in our management and the players they've drafted / acquired. Jokinen could potentially take away ice time from Winchester or Foligno, and to me he's simply not worth it.

33Sens: No interest in Khabibulin - Page 2 Empty Re: Sens: No interest in Khabibulin Tue Sep 30, 2008 11:57 am

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran

Mosky wrote:
Cronenbergfan wrote:Colorado, eh?

I don't know if I can warm up to this idea... I just don't see it working out for the organization... :drunken:

But really how much worse can it be? Gerber is definitely not bringing us anywhere... If we get Khabibulin, that is definitely an upgrade in goal... Not a huge one, but just rebound control alone means alot... I just think the sens have to do something in order to compete for the cup...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum