GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sens: No interest in Khabibulin

+9
Mosky
smash88
jamvan
PTFlea
Cronie
COLLAR UP
rooneypoo
PKC
shabbs
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 4]

46Sens: No interest in Khabibulin - Page 4 Empty Re: Sens: No interest in Khabibulin Wed Oct 01, 2008 9:45 am

PKC

All-Star
All-Star

I've heard some interesting things. The reason Ottawa didn't pull the trigger on a Khabibulin trade was because they couldn't find a suitor for Gerber and Chicago was unwilling to take him in a trade. However, Tallon is seriously considering a trade of Khabibulin and a pick for Gerber and McAmmond because then he could turn around and buyout Gerber rather than swallow a 3+ million cap hit that would come with Khabibulin being taken on re-entry waivers.

Pretty interesting.

47Sens: No interest in Khabibulin - Page 4 Empty Re: Sens: No interest in Khabibulin Wed Oct 01, 2008 9:47 am

COLLAR UP

Rookie
Rookie

PKC wrote:I've heard some interesting things. The reason Ottawa didn't pull the trigger on a Khabibulin trade was because they couldn't find a suitor for Gerber and Chicago was unwilling to take him in a trade. However, Tallon is seriously considering a trade of Khabibulin and a pick for Gerber and McAmmond because then he could turn around and buyout Gerber rather than swallow a 3+ million cap hit that would come with Khabibulin being taken on re-entry waivers.

Pretty interesting.

Hearing this from?

48Sens: No interest in Khabibulin - Page 4 Empty Re: Sens: No interest in Khabibulin Wed Oct 01, 2008 10:03 am

rooneypoo

All-Star
All-Star

PKC wrote:I've heard some interesting things. The reason Ottawa didn't pull the trigger on a Khabibulin trade was because they couldn't find a suitor for Gerber and Chicago was unwilling to take him in a trade. However, Tallon is seriously considering a trade of Khabibulin and a pick for Gerber and McAmmond because then he could turn around and buyout Gerber rather than swallow a 3+ million cap hit that would come with Khabibulin being taken on re-entry waivers.

Pretty interesting.

The buyout season is done, and I believe it doesn't open again until next June. Buying a player out during this part of the season isn't an option allowed by the CBA to any team.

That said, if they acquired Gerber, sending $3.7 mil down to play in the minors would be just a little better than doing the same with $6.75 mil -- or, should they bring him through re-entry waivers, $1.85 mil would be a much more palatable sum to have to eat. I would think that COL or LA would bit at Gerber for that low a price, but I could be wrong.

49Sens: No interest in Khabibulin - Page 4 Empty Re: Sens: No interest in Khabibulin Wed Oct 01, 2008 10:10 am

Phoenix30

Phoenix30
Veteran
Veteran

Pretty interesting.

Some days I wish I was a fly on the wall inside Murrays office to hear the deals that come up. If the pick was a 1st rounder in 09 then it would worth looking into.

50Sens: No interest in Khabibulin - Page 4 Empty Re: Sens: No interest in Khabibulin Wed Oct 01, 2008 10:22 am

Jordo

Jordo
Sophomore
Sophomore

Phoenix30 wrote:

Some days I wish I was a fly on the wall inside Murrays office to hear the deals that come up. If the pick was a 1st rounder in 09 then it would worth looking into.

I'm still not sold on this Khabi garbage, but if it does happen- Cam Barker better be coming over here too.

Give them a Gerber, McAmmond, Schubert (since he's playing forward and is distraught about it) for Khabi, Barker deal- as long as the cap works (which I just checked, and it does)

Ottawa is pressed right up against the cap (which isn't good)
Chicago gains 4 mil of cap space, and has two prety legitimate goalies (who are identical).

Our D-core looks like:

Phillips-Volch
Smith-Barker
Kuba-Lee
Richardson (puke)

Khabibulin
Auld

Offense:

Heatley-Vermette-Alfie
Fisher-Spezza-Winchester
Foligno-Kelly-Neil
Ruutu-Bass-Donovan

curveballs?

51Sens: No interest in Khabibulin - Page 4 Empty Re: Sens: No interest in Khabibulin Wed Oct 01, 2008 10:53 pm

Acrobat

Acrobat
Veteran
Veteran

I like how you swapped Vermette and Spezza - smooth.

I'd prefer Barker/Khabi/1st '09 for Gerber/D-Mac/Donovan - only if they insist would I give up Schubert (despite his complaining, he's too valuable - I tell him to suck it up or ride the pine).

This relieves our logjam at forward, gives D-Mac a chance to play, and rids us of Donovan (why do we have him anyhow?) Barker is a good prospect (maybe, possibly, hopefully), and Khabi is no worse than Gerber.

Chicago gets two fast players, who are ready to work hard, but just don't fit into our system, but most importantly, they dump about $3.5M (if my math is right)

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum