GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Nikolai Khabibulin on waivers!

+11
SensGirl11
Number Twenty Nine
Phoenix30
jamvan
COLLAR UP
PTFlea
rooneypoo
smash88
Riprock
Cronie
shabbs
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 10]

16Nikolai Khabibulin on waivers! - Page 2 Empty Re: Nikolai Khabibulin on waivers! Mon Sep 29, 2008 1:02 pm

Cronie

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

hehe, I just saw that Dash. thanks dude.

It's just making my head spin even more trying to figure out what Murray's thinking! LOL

17Nikolai Khabibulin on waivers! - Page 2 Empty Re: Nikolai Khabibulin on waivers! Mon Sep 29, 2008 1:04 pm

rooneypoo

All-Star
All-Star

shabbs wrote:Very strange. I guess a deal could not be made at this point in time and they want to get him off the books. I have a feeling he'll make it all the way through waivers.

This talk of the LA Kings picking him up "just to get to the cap floor" is silly. They're only just over a million away form the floor and have yet to sign O'sullivan and will probably want to suck for another year to get a high first round pick.

Oh, he'll pass through waivers, no doubt. His salary is just too high. It'll be the Schneider scenario all over again: they'll either bring him in on re-entry waivers and bite the bullet on eating half of his salary, or work out a trade with someone in which Chicago takes back salary and/or gives up assets.

Sens won't bite on this one, not on standard waivers. If Chicago puts him on re-entry waivers or is willing to take back salary, we may be interested. We probably won't get a shot at him on re-entry waivers, tho' -- I'd think LA and COL would be ahead of us in the waiver queue to claim him, although I'm not sure how that works.

Kind of a dumb move, when you think about it. It will just confirm that there's no market for Khabby at his current price, just as happened with Schneider. Looks like Khabby is on the move now for sure, tho'.

18Nikolai Khabibulin on waivers! - Page 2 Empty Re: Nikolai Khabibulin on waivers! Mon Sep 29, 2008 1:05 pm

Riprock

All-Star
All-Star

The expendable's we have right now are McAmmond and Schubert. I'd hate to lose Neil right now though.

If we got Khabi, there'd be no use here for Gerber, so he'd have to be traded to accommodate Khabi's cap hit.

19Nikolai Khabibulin on waivers! - Page 2 Empty Re: Nikolai Khabibulin on waivers! Mon Sep 29, 2008 1:05 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

WTF? How could I have missed this - and why did they do this now? Talk about waiting until the 11th hour....wow.

Colorado will take him and if not, we most certainly will. Done and done. Then it'll give us some assets to acquire that true puck moving D-man.

20Nikolai Khabibulin on waivers! - Page 2 Empty Re: Nikolai Khabibulin on waivers! Mon Sep 29, 2008 1:06 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

DashRiprock wrote:The expendable's we have right now are McAmmond and Schubert. I'd hate to lose Neil right now though.

If we got Khabi, there'd be no use here for Gerber, so he'd have to be traded to accommodate Khabi's cap hit.

Dude, this is right on. There are a lot of guys who are expendable - Neil isn't one right now. He fits like a glove on our new look team.

21Nikolai Khabibulin on waivers! - Page 2 Empty Re: Nikolai Khabibulin on waivers! Mon Sep 29, 2008 1:08 pm

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

DashRiprock wrote:I've done that already, see above post. $2,722,671 available right now.

Well, that number could come down once the roster is finalized. That number assumes that we'll be carrying 13 forwards and 8 D (Schubert included), which probably won't be the case.

Still, yea, no way we take Khabibulin on without moving Gerber at the same time.

22Nikolai Khabibulin on waivers! - Page 2 Empty Re: Nikolai Khabibulin on waivers! Mon Sep 29, 2008 1:09 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

One player I haven't been too impressed with is.... Vermette.

Just me? Or is he not showing up out there?

23Nikolai Khabibulin on waivers! - Page 2 Empty Re: Nikolai Khabibulin on waivers! Mon Sep 29, 2008 1:10 pm

504Heater wrote:WTF? How could I have missed this - and why did they do this now? Talk about waiting until the 11th hour....wow.

Colorado will take him and if not, we most certainly will. Done and done. Then it'll give us some assets to acquire that true puck moving D-man.

I would be willing to bet that Murray will not take him @ $6.7M. Re-entry maybe? I think that could be the deal that is in place (just purely guessing). In order for Chicago to not take back salary, the waive Khabby and bring him up on reentry and if Ottawa takes him they close on the rest of the deal. If someone else gets involved then all bets are off. It seems plausible....

24Nikolai Khabibulin on waivers! - Page 2 Empty Re: Nikolai Khabibulin on waivers! Mon Sep 29, 2008 1:11 pm

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran

DashRiprock wrote:One player I haven't been too impressed with is.... Vermette.

No it's not just you at all, I've been saying that now for a couple of days and i've heard a few people from work talking about it too.... It's weird because you'd think after all the crap in the summer he'd have something to prove out there... Here's hoping he can wake-up and become a good scorer for the Sens...

25Nikolai Khabibulin on waivers! - Page 2 Empty Re: Nikolai Khabibulin on waivers! Mon Sep 29, 2008 1:12 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

MurderOnIce wrote:
504Heater wrote:WTF? How could I have missed this - and why did they do this now? Talk about waiting until the 11th hour....wow.

I would be willing to bet that Murray will not take him @ $6.7M. Re-entry maybe? I think that could be the deal that is in place (just purely guessing). In order for Chicago to not take back salary, the waive Khabby and bring him up on reentry and if Ottawa takes him they close on the rest of the deal. If someone else gets involved then all bets are off. It seems plausible....

On re-entry we go head to head with Colorado, I think we need to make the move sooner than that and ship Gerber away (essentially spending the re-entry fee on Khabby by shipping the 3.7 out).

26Nikolai Khabibulin on waivers! - Page 2 Empty Re: Nikolai Khabibulin on waivers! Mon Sep 29, 2008 1:12 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

The Sens won't get a sniff on re-entry as he'd surely be picked up at half price. If Murray really is interested in Khabby... he'll have to pick him up now or work a deal after he's cleared waivers. But, I'm not sure if we'd have to bring him back up through waivers after that.

If Murray did that, Gerber would have to be moved as would possibly one of McAmmond and Shubs. If Murray can't get deal worked out, he'd have to waive Gerber. Yikes.

27Nikolai Khabibulin on waivers! - Page 2 Empty Re: Nikolai Khabibulin on waivers! Mon Sep 29, 2008 1:12 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

DashRiprock wrote:One player I haven't been too impressed with is.... Vermette.

Not just you at all, he's got to pick it up.

28Nikolai Khabibulin on waivers! - Page 2 Empty Re: Nikolai Khabibulin on waivers! Mon Sep 29, 2008 1:13 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/62883-martin-gerber-on-his-way-to-the-chicago-blackhawks-for-nikolai-khabibulin

29Nikolai Khabibulin on waivers! - Page 2 Empty Re: Nikolai Khabibulin on waivers! Mon Sep 29, 2008 1:14 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Any chance Vermette is dealt, say with Gerber, for an Offensive PMD?

30Nikolai Khabibulin on waivers! - Page 2 Empty Re: Nikolai Khabibulin on waivers! Mon Sep 29, 2008 1:15 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

DashRiprock wrote:http://bleacherreport.com/articles/62883-martin-gerber-on-his-way-to-the-chicago-blackhawks-for-nikolai-khabibulin

I discount that immediately because he says Gerber's been shaky this pre-season. 3-0 with what must be a 930 save % is not shaky.

31Nikolai Khabibulin on waivers! - Page 2 Empty Re: Nikolai Khabibulin on waivers! Mon Sep 29, 2008 1:17 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

DashRiprock wrote:Any chance Vermette is dealt, say with Gerber, for an Offensive PMD?

No chance at all. None IMO. Would open up a gaping hole in our top 6....unless Murray been that impressed with Foligno and Winchester. But no.

Gerber, Schubert, McAmmond and possibly Neil will go on the block immediately( along with picks and prospects) Only top end puck movers need apply.

32Nikolai Khabibulin on waivers! - Page 2 Empty Re: Nikolai Khabibulin on waivers! Mon Sep 29, 2008 1:17 pm

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran

DashRiprock wrote:Any chance Vermette is dealt, say with Gerber, for an Offensive PMD?

It's also true what someone said on that link.. Chicago probably wouldn't want Gerber back as they already have 2 really good young goalies who are probably ready to back-up Huet... So we'd have to have a second deal in place in order to move Gerber

33Nikolai Khabibulin on waivers! - Page 2 Empty Re: Nikolai Khabibulin on waivers! Mon Sep 29, 2008 1:21 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Yeah there's no way Chicago wants or needs Gerber, but it's certain we'd have to trade him.

Vermette is hardly a top 6.... he sure hasn't played like it.

Our top 6 could easily be:

Winchester-Spezza-Heatley
Foligno-Fisher-Alfreddson

and that would be just fine.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 10]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum