GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Nikolai Khabibulin on waivers!

+11
SensGirl11
Number Twenty Nine
Phoenix30
jamvan
COLLAR UP
PTFlea
rooneypoo
smash88
Riprock
Cronie
shabbs
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 10]

46Nikolai Khabibulin on waivers! - Page 4 Empty Re: Nikolai Khabibulin on waivers! Mon Sep 29, 2008 1:48 pm

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

COLLAR UP wrote:Unless...CHI waives Gerbs right after the trade...waiving 3.7 is cheaper than 6.75
Holy waiver madness Batman!

Wink

47Nikolai Khabibulin on waivers! - Page 4 Empty Re: Nikolai Khabibulin on waivers! Mon Sep 29, 2008 1:50 pm

Riprock

All-Star
All-Star

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=251197&lid=headline&lpos=secStory_main

48Nikolai Khabibulin on waivers! - Page 4 Empty Re: Nikolai Khabibulin on waivers! Mon Sep 29, 2008 1:51 pm

smash88

Veteran
Veteran

shabbs wrote:
COLLAR UP wrote:Unless...CHI waives Gerbs right after the trade...waiving 3.7 is cheaper than 6.75
Holy waiver madness Batman!

Wink

LOL... it's funny but I have a feeling the next couple of years will be waiver-happy...

49Nikolai Khabibulin on waivers! - Page 4 Empty Re: Nikolai Khabibulin on waivers! Mon Sep 29, 2008 1:52 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

smash88 wrote:LOL... it's funny but I have a feeling the next couple of years will be waiver-happy...
Especially if the cap stays the same, or worse, goes down!

50Nikolai Khabibulin on waivers! - Page 4 Empty Re: Nikolai Khabibulin on waivers! Mon Sep 29, 2008 1:56 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

TSN has it now...

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=251197&lid=headline&lpos=topStory_nhl

Now it's really official.

Wink

51Nikolai Khabibulin on waivers! - Page 4 Empty Re: Nikolai Khabibulin on waivers! Mon Sep 29, 2008 1:57 pm

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran

shabbs wrote:
smash88 wrote:LOL... it's funny but I have a feeling the next couple of years will be waiver-happy...
Especially if the cap stays the same, or worse, goes down!

Yeah, no ones thought of if it goes down! Can they do that though? Does the collective agreement allow it?

52Nikolai Khabibulin on waivers! - Page 4 Empty Re: Nikolai Khabibulin on waivers! Mon Sep 29, 2008 2:04 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

smash88 wrote:Yeah, no ones thought of if it goes down! Can they do that though? Does the collective agreement allow it?
It's tied to revenue, so if revenue dips... so does the cap.

53Nikolai Khabibulin on waivers! - Page 4 Empty Re: Nikolai Khabibulin on waivers! Mon Sep 29, 2008 2:06 pm

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran

shabbs wrote:
smash88 wrote:Yeah, no ones thought of if it goes down! Can they do that though? Does the collective agreement allow it?

Ah ok... When does this collective agreement expire BTW... Anyone know... Will we have to do the whole lockout/strike thing all over again?

54Nikolai Khabibulin on waivers! - Page 4 Empty Re: Nikolai Khabibulin on waivers! Mon Sep 29, 2008 2:13 pm

COLLAR UP

COLLAR UP
Rookie
Rookie

smash88 wrote:
shabbs wrote:

Ah ok... When does this collective agreement expire BTW... Anyone know... Will we have to do the whole lockout/strike thing all over again?

I thought I heard it can be opted out of this year or next...but I am not at all sure...

55Nikolai Khabibulin on waivers! - Page 4 Empty Re: Nikolai Khabibulin on waivers! Mon Sep 29, 2008 2:14 pm

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran

COLLAR UP wrote:
smash88 wrote:
shabbs wrote:

I thought I heard it can be opted out of this year or next...but I am not at all sure...

I just hope we don't go through the same crapola that was the last time it expired....

56Nikolai Khabibulin on waivers! - Page 4 Empty Re: Nikolai Khabibulin on waivers! Mon Sep 29, 2008 2:16 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Some high-level CBA info...

http://www.nhl.com/ice/page.htm?id=26366

57Nikolai Khabibulin on waivers! - Page 4 Empty Re: Nikolai Khabibulin on waivers! Mon Sep 29, 2008 2:18 pm

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran

shabbs wrote:Some high-level CBA info...

http://www.nhl.com/ice/page.htm?id=26366

Thank you!

58Nikolai Khabibulin on waivers! - Page 4 Empty Re: Nikolai Khabibulin on waivers! Mon Sep 29, 2008 2:19 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I talked to the same 2 guys who had given me this waiver rumour a couple of weeks ago - and they basically said:

-if Murray wants Khabby, he must take him on waivers and not wait until he's put on re-entry. Colorado is salivating at the idea of getting a real goaltender right now - and they feel they're in much worse shape than we are.

-If Ottawa nabs Khabby, they have the option of Colorado having mild to strong interest in Gerber - especially at his cap hit. Murray wants Leopold out of Colorado, thinking that he can get his career back on track after a series of devastating injuries. The 1.5 cap hit that Leopold carries is fine by Murray - assuming Schubert or McAmmond is part of this package.

Essentially they told me that if the dust settles and Murray can acquire Khabby for 6.75, then ship Gerber and McAmmond and maybe even another player out for Leopold, he would consider doing this.

I don't know that much about Leopold, nor do I put too much stock in these rumours, but that's an interesting take from a couple of people that seem to know what they're talking about.

59Nikolai Khabibulin on waivers! - Page 4 Empty Re: Nikolai Khabibulin on waivers! Mon Sep 29, 2008 2:22 pm

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran

504Heater wrote:I talked to the same 2 guys who had given me this waiver rumour a couple of weeks ago - and they basically said:

-if Murray wants Khabby, he must take him on waivers and not wait until he's put on re-entry. Colorado is salivating at the idea of getting a real goaltender right now - and they feel they're in much worse shape than we are.

-If Ottawa nabs Khabby, they have the option of Colorado having mild to strong interest in Gerber - especially at his cap hit. Murray wants Leopold out of Colorado, thinking that he can get his career back on track after a series of devastating injuries. The 1.5 cap hit that Leopold carries is fine by Murray - assuming Schubert or McAmmond is part of this package.

Essentially they told me that if the dust settles and Murray can acquire Khabby for 6.75, then ship Gerber and McAmmond and maybe even another player out for Leopold, he would consider doing this.

I don't know that much about Leopold, nor do I put too much stock in these rumours, but that's an interesting take from a couple of people that seem to know what they're talking about.

Wow, way to go heater, that does seem like a good solution.. If Colorado deceides to play-along..... I wouldn't mind seeing that done at all... Leopold and Khabby in my opinion would be an upgrade over Gerber, Shubert and McAmmond...

60Nikolai Khabibulin on waivers! - Page 4 Empty Re: Nikolai Khabibulin on waivers! Mon Sep 29, 2008 2:29 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

smash88 wrote:
Wow, way to go heater, that does seem like a good solution.. If Colorado deceides to play-along..... I wouldn't mind seeing that done at all... Leopold and Khabby in my opinion would be an upgrade over Gerber, Shubert and McAmmond...

Problem is, Colorado gets to claim him before we do, so...if he gets to re-entry - we're Diddle.

But yes, this is a win-win-win for all three clubs for sure (perhaps we get the best of the deal, but that's Murray for ya!)

61Nikolai Khabibulin on waivers! - Page 4 Empty Re: Nikolai Khabibulin on waivers! Mon Sep 29, 2008 2:30 pm

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

smash88 wrote:
504Heater wrote:I talked to the same 2 guys who had given me this waiver rumour a couple of weeks ago - and they basically said:

Well McCammond was not on a line at practice this morning.

62Nikolai Khabibulin on waivers! - Page 4 Empty Re: Nikolai Khabibulin on waivers! Mon Sep 29, 2008 2:31 pm

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran

Well I'm sure Murray is working on something, we will most likely hear by this time tomorrow...

63Nikolai Khabibulin on waivers! - Page 4 Empty Re: Nikolai Khabibulin on waivers! Mon Sep 29, 2008 2:33 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

You think Jam?

This is one of those "all three teams have to want to do this for this to get done", but an interesting rumour for sure!

To summarize for everyone - and again - this is a rumour!

To Ottawa
Nikolai Khabibulin
Jordon Leopold

To Chicago
Cap relief

To Colorado
Martin Gerber
Christoph Schubert
Dean McAmmond

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 10]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next