GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Nik Khabibulin Season Watch

+4
smash88
Sens4thecup
mattshock
PKC
8 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Nik Khabibulin Season Watch Empty Nik Khabibulin Season Watch Wed Oct 22, 2008 11:17 pm

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

Let's just call this the season watch for our buddy Nik. We all know he's going to be moved at some point, so we mind as well gather all of our info together in one thread.

For today, it seems our buddy Nik is about to notch a shutout. Yikes! He's starting to get quite a few starts over Huet. Might be for one of two reasons. The Hawks don't feel comfortable with Huet, or they're trying to play Khabibulin into some sort of worth for the teams that might be potentially interested.

2Nik Khabibulin Season Watch Empty Re: Nik Khabibulin Season Watch Wed Oct 22, 2008 11:30 pm

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

And so he notches a 23-save shutout. Pretty impressive against the fast-skating, high-scoring Oilers.

3Nik Khabibulin Season Watch Empty Re: Nik Khabibulin Season Watch Thu Oct 23, 2008 8:01 am

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

How soon before the Ottawa/Chicago rumours re-emerge? I've just heard them too often.

4Nik Khabibulin Season Watch Empty Re: Nik Khabibulin Season Watch Thu Oct 23, 2008 8:29 am

Sens4thecup

Rookie
Rookie

Really, at this point, why not? Khabbi's preformance this season has been pretty good. Maybe throw in Barker? (I think he is a puck moving d-man)

5Nik Khabibulin Season Watch Empty Re: Nik Khabibulin Season Watch Thu Oct 23, 2008 8:36 am

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran

Sens4thecup wrote:Really, at this point, why not? Khabbi's preformance this season has been pretty good. Maybe throw in Barker? (I think he is a puck moving d-man)

It sucks cause no matter what we'll get fleeced in this deal...

6Nik Khabibulin Season Watch Empty Re: Nik Khabibulin Season Watch Thu Oct 23, 2008 8:37 am

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

@Sens4thecup: the trade makes sense, and by all indications it was looking like there were real talks before the season, but it amounted to nothing.

My sanity is wavering. I want Gerber gone so badly...

How 'bout them Bingo Sens?

7Nik Khabibulin Season Watch Empty Re: Nik Khabibulin Season Watch Thu Oct 23, 2008 8:40 am

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

smash88 wrote:
Sens4thecup wrote:Really, at this point, why not? Khabbi's preformance this season has been pretty good. Maybe throw in Barker? (I think he is a puck moving d-man)

My only question is this: he was waived, wasn't he? End of September. And he played last night. Did he have to pass through re-entry waivers?? I didn't hear anything about him being on re-entry. Something is confusing me. How can a guy be waived and still play?

8Nik Khabibulin Season Watch Empty Re: Nik Khabibulin Season Watch Thu Oct 23, 2008 8:42 am

Sens4thecup

Rookie
Rookie

Edmonton seems to have a log jam at the netminder position. (Now, I'm not suggesting Rolo)

9Nik Khabibulin Season Watch Empty Re: Nik Khabibulin Season Watch Thu Oct 23, 2008 8:44 am

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

I'd take Cloutier right about now.

10Nik Khabibulin Season Watch Empty Re: Nik Khabibulin Season Watch Thu Oct 23, 2008 8:52 am

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

mattbond wrote:
smash88 wrote:

My only question is this: he was waived, wasn't he? End of September. And he played last night. Did he have to pass through re-entry waivers?? I didn't hear anything about him being on re-entry. Something is confusing me. How can a guy be waived and still play?

Wow, that's a really good point, I never even thought of that...HOW is he still playing??!!! The NHL is very, very sketchy sometimes...they got away with something here for sure.

11Nik Khabibulin Season Watch Empty Re: Nik Khabibulin Season Watch Thu Oct 23, 2008 9:17 am

Sens4thecup

Rookie
Rookie

How can the Sens go back to Gerber after last night's preformance? I really don't want to see Gerbage in nets against the hated Blue team this weekend.

12Nik Khabibulin Season Watch Empty Re: Nik Khabibulin Season Watch Thu Oct 23, 2008 9:20 am

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

Toskala and the resurgance!!

Check out NHL.com for the banner I'm talking about. What a joke.

13Nik Khabibulin Season Watch Empty Re: Nik Khabibulin Season Watch Thu Oct 23, 2008 10:14 am

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

Sens4thecup wrote:How can the Sens go back to Gerber after last night's preformance? I really don't want to see Gerbage in nets against the hated Blue team this weekend.

They can't go back to him. If Hartsburg puts him in on Friday or on Saturday, he's as bad as Paddock.

I want to see Auld play back to back this weekend and see if he can do a better job...I'm almost positive that he can...I think I could do a better job than Gerber.

14Nik Khabibulin Season Watch Empty Re: Nik Khabibulin Season Watch Thu Oct 23, 2008 10:22 am

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

I think that Khabibulin was waived but never sent to the minors which is why he didn't have to clear re-entry waivers but don't take that to the bank.

15Nik Khabibulin Season Watch Empty Re: Nik Khabibulin Season Watch Thu Oct 23, 2008 10:29 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Sens4thecup wrote:How can the Sens go back to Gerber after last night's preformance? I really don't want to see Gerbage in nets against the hated Blue team this weekend.

As much as I hate Gerber's soft goals, they would have lost that game anyway. The first goal was Picards fault and in the scramble to recover Ottawa players fell into Gerber and helped propel the puck into the net so I don't blame him on that one. The second goal deflected off of Phillips' stick up and over gerber just inside the post so I don't blame him on that one either. The third goal was very soft and that is what concerns me about him. He has this trend of allowing a minimum of 1 soft goal per game and we can't spot teams ANY goals with the way the team is built now.

- Unknown Author

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum