GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Nik Khabibulin Season Watch

+4
smash88
Sens4thecup
mattshock
PKC
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

16Nik Khabibulin Season Watch - Page 2 Empty Re: Nik Khabibulin Season Watch Thu Oct 23, 2008 10:14 am

SensGirl11

Mod
Mod

Sens4thecup wrote:How can the Sens go back to Gerber after last night's preformance? I really don't want to see Gerbage in nets against the hated Blue team this weekend.

They can't go back to him. If Hartsburg puts him in on Friday or on Saturday, he's as bad as Paddock.

I want to see Auld play back to back this weekend and see if he can do a better job...I'm almost positive that he can...I think I could do a better job than Gerber.

17Nik Khabibulin Season Watch - Page 2 Empty Re: Nik Khabibulin Season Watch Thu Oct 23, 2008 10:22 am

TheAvatar

Veteran
Veteran

I think that Khabibulin was waived but never sent to the minors which is why he didn't have to clear re-entry waivers but don't take that to the bank.

18Nik Khabibulin Season Watch - Page 2 Empty Re: Nik Khabibulin Season Watch Thu Oct 23, 2008 10:29 am

Cap'n Clutch

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Sens4thecup wrote:How can the Sens go back to Gerber after last night's preformance? I really don't want to see Gerbage in nets against the hated Blue team this weekend.

As much as I hate Gerber's soft goals, they would have lost that game anyway. The first goal was Picards fault and in the scramble to recover Ottawa players fell into Gerber and helped propel the puck into the net so I don't blame him on that one. The second goal deflected off of Phillips' stick up and over gerber just inside the post so I don't blame him on that one either. The third goal was very soft and that is what concerns me about him. He has this trend of allowing a minimum of 1 soft goal per game and we can't spot teams ANY goals with the way the team is built now.

19Nik Khabibulin Season Watch - Page 2 Empty Re: Nik Khabibulin Season Watch Thu Oct 23, 2008 10:51 am

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

TheAvatar wrote:I think that Khabibulin was waived but never sent to the minors which is why he didn't have to clear re-entry waivers but don't take that to the bank.

That's correct, and there's nothing fishy or untoward about the whole thing at all as someone was suggesting above.

If you put a guy on waivers and no one claims him, then he remains part of your club (and his salary remains on your books) until you assign him to the minors. This is what happened to Khabby: he was waived but not re-assigned, so he remained with the team and never had to pass through re-entry waivers.

As I understand it, the consequences of waivers (i.e., being able to assign a player to the minors) last something like 28 days or 9 NHL games-played for the waived player (whichever comes first). Anytime before that, Chicago could theoretically re-assign Khabby to the minors without having to waive him again. After that time, however, if they wanted to demote him, they'd have to put him on waivers (regular waivers) again and have him pass through.

Hope that helps.

20Nik Khabibulin Season Watch - Page 2 Empty Re: Nik Khabibulin Season Watch Thu Oct 23, 2008 11:21 am

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

TheAvatar wrote:I think that Khabibulin was waived but never sent to the minors which is why he didn't have to clear re-entry waivers but don't take that to the bank.

So does this mean they could send him to the minors at any time without him clearing waivers again, and his salary could be taken off the books? Or would he have to go through again?

21Nik Khabibulin Season Watch - Page 2 Empty Re: Nik Khabibulin Season Watch Thu Oct 23, 2008 1:00 pm

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

mattbond wrote:

So does this mean they could send him to the minors at any time without him clearing waivers again, and his salary could be taken off the books? Or would he have to go through again?

See my post above: there's a 28 day / 9 NHL games window (or something very close to this) during which period Chicago can assign Khabby to the minors without having to waive him again. After that window closes (whichever of the two comes first), then, yes, they would have to put him on waivers again and have him clear again before they could re-assign him to the minors and remove his cap hit from the books (although they'd still be forced to pay Khabby his full salary to play in the minors).

22Nik Khabibulin Season Watch - Page 2 Empty Re: Nik Khabibulin Season Watch Thu Oct 23, 2008 3:05 pm

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

Ahhh, thanks! (your post was on the next page, I should have read ahead)

23Nik Khabibulin Season Watch - Page 2 Empty Re: Nik Khabibulin Season Watch Thu Oct 23, 2008 7:03 pm

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

rooneypoo wrote:

That's correct, and there's nothing fishy or untoward about the whole thing at all as someone was suggesting above.

If you put a guy on waivers and no one claims him, then he remains part of your club (and his salary remains on your books) until you assign him to the minors. This is what happened to Khabby: he was waived but not re-assigned, so he remained with the team and never had to pass through re-entry waivers.

As I understand it, the consequences of waivers (i.e., being able to assign a player to the minors) last something like 28 days or 9 NHL games-played for the waived player (whichever comes first). Anytime before that, Chicago could theoretically re-assign Khabby to the minors without having to waive him again. After that time, however, if they wanted to demote him, they'd have to put him on waivers (regular waivers) again and have him pass through.

Hope that helps.

Another fine explanation by our resident CBA expert.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum