GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Khabibulin rumour

+6
Sens4thecup
Phoenix30
COLLAR UP
smash88
Acrobat
PTFlea
10 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1Khabibulin rumour Empty Khabibulin rumour Fri Sep 19, 2008 12:17 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

More ridiculous rumours...

This one makes a tad more sense, so I thought I'd post it here - but take it for what it's worth.

Colorado would like to get Khabby, but they don't want to pay his salary (which I can understand). So they would claim Khabby on re-entry waivers if Chicago puts him through waivers.

This would come as a fairly win-win situation for Chicago as they'd ease their cap hit by 3.4 million (disgusting).

As Colorado would get a crack before Ottawa, I guess that means we're out of this particular rumour.

I would like this move for Colorado and hate it for Chicago. Just what you want to do, waive a guy, bring him back via re-entry, pay half his salary, motivate him even more - and then have a rival Western team pick him up (and take your playoff spot). Barf.

2Khabibulin rumour Empty Re: Khabibulin rumour Tue Sep 23, 2008 11:32 pm

Acrobat

Acrobat
Veteran
Veteran

Who is earlier than Colorado?

How hard would it be for Murray to offer them a draft pick to grab Khabby, then trade?

N/M - once you grab someone on waivers, you can't trade unless you offer them back to the original team under the same conditions first - all Ottawa would have to do is see which pick Chicago doesn't have, then offer that pick as a trade. Chicago can't do it, so all is legal. (see CBA Sect 13.20(b) )

3Khabibulin rumour Empty Re: Khabibulin rumour Fri Sep 26, 2008 3:03 pm

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran

Yeah I don't think we will see Khabibulin in Ottawa this year... I really don't think it's that much of an improvement compared to Gerber, but we definitely have to do something in goal, i'm just not sure what... I just can't see us winning the cup with Gerber between the pipes...

4Khabibulin rumour Empty Re: Khabibulin rumour Mon Sep 29, 2008 8:12 am

COLLAR UP

COLLAR UP
Rookie
Rookie

Take it for what it is...lol...but HB (EK) is reporting whipsers of a package to the East containing both Khabbi and a defenceman...

Al Cimaglia...on HB also has a good read...which suggests perhaps something is coming down the pipes...

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?post_id=16973&blogger_id=52

Who knows...but IF...and that is a BIG IF...the Sens are involved...who goes where?

5Khabibulin rumour Empty Re: Khabibulin rumour Mon Sep 29, 2008 8:35 am

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran

COLLAR UP wrote:Take it for what it is...lol...but HB (EK) is reporting whipsers of a package to the East containing both Khabbi and a defenceman...

Al Cimaglia...on HB also has a good read...which suggests perhaps something is coming down the pipes...

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?post_id=16973&blogger_id=52

Who knows...but IF...and that is a BIG IF...the Sens are involved...who goes where?

Well whatever it is, you know Chicago dosen't want to take too much money back, so whoever does make this deal, might get a pretty good bargain, I wouldn't be against something that would get rid of Gerber and give us a few picks at the same time.. I just have the feeling Khabibulin isn't our answer... Well whatever happens i'll still be here! LOL :D

6Khabibulin rumour Empty Re: Khabibulin rumour Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:15 am

Phoenix30

Phoenix30
Veteran
Veteran

So I am not big on trading Gerber at the moment but here is a thought.

Would you deal Gerber, Kelly, and Nikulin for Bulin, Barker and either a 1st/2nd or Brouwer.

Here is an approximate numbers for salary cap after the money is exchanged and Barker and Brouwer are placed in the minors to start the season.

Chicago = 51.032 after trade
Ottawa = 54.847 after trade

We would need to move the money to bring in Bulin for 1 year but to spice up the deal Barker and a pick or Bouwer would need to be added. Sens add another young promising OFD to the system which can be called up later in the season if need be. Bulin and Gerber are fairly equal and I think this is a deal to fill other needs. Brouwer could become a top 6 and may excel with Vermette as his center. If we were to get a pick instead it would add depth to the system or buying power later on via trade.

With the abundance of bottom 6 I think Kelly could be moved and would be a good fit for them. McAmmond could take his spot at center and a call up could be used to fill the void. Isbister, Zack Smith, Zubov etc. Nikulin adds depth to Chicago’s young forward ranks while Gerber gives them still a cheaper quality goalie.

My personal preference would be to do the deal but I am stuck on either Brouwer or the pick as the extra bit to a potential trade. I have a feeling that a pick would be more likely scenario.

7Khabibulin rumour Empty Re: Khabibulin rumour Mon Sep 29, 2008 1:02 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Phoenix30 wrote:So I am not big on trading Gerber at the moment but here is a thought.

Would you deal Gerber, Kelly, and Nikulin for Bulin, Barker and either a 1st/2nd or Brouwer.

Here is an approximate numbers for salary cap after the money is exchanged and Barker and Brouwer are placed in the minors to start the season.

Chicago = 51.032 after trade
Ottawa = 54.847 after trade

We would need to move the money to bring in Bulin for 1 year but to spice up the deal Barker and a pick or Bouwer would need to be added. Sens add another young promising OFD to the system which can be called up later in the season if need be. Bulin and Gerber are fairly equal and I think this is a deal to fill other needs. Brouwer could become a top 6 and may excel with Vermette as his center. If we were to get a pick instead it would add depth to the system or buying power later on via trade.

With the abundance of bottom 6 I think Kelly could be moved and would be a good fit for them. McAmmond could take his spot at center and a call up could be used to fill the void. Isbister, Zack Smith, Zubov etc. Nikulin adds depth to Chicago’s young forward ranks while Gerber gives them still a cheaper quality goalie.

My personal preference would be to do the deal but I am stuck on either Brouwer or the pick as the extra bit to a potential trade. I have a feeling that a pick would be more likely scenario.

I'm getting warmer and warmer on Chris Kelly. All of a sudden, I'm beginning to see his true worth. I don't do this deal.

Now Kelly for someone like McCabe (I know it's not happening, I'm just tossing out an example), that I would do, but Barker isn't really the puck mover we're looking for I don't think.

8Khabibulin rumour Empty Re: Khabibulin rumour Mon Sep 29, 2008 1:23 pm

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran

Kelly is good, but I don't think he's really that valuable... I mean he's good at penalty killing, but i'm sure their are others who can take his place...

9Khabibulin rumour Empty Re: Khabibulin rumour Mon Sep 29, 2008 1:27 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

smash88 wrote:Kelly is good, but I don't think he's really that valuable... I mean he's good at penalty killing, but i'm sure their are others who can take his place...

I think you're right and there are guys who can do his job, but there's something rock steady about Kelly. You can put him out there with 10 seconds to go in a close game and feel 100% comfortable. I feel that now would not be the time to think about moving him personally.

10Khabibulin rumour Empty Re: Khabibulin rumour Mon Sep 29, 2008 1:31 pm

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran

504Heater wrote:
smash88 wrote:Kelly is good, but I don't think he's really that valuable... I mean he's good at penalty killing, but i'm sure their are others who can take his place...

I think you're right and there are guys who can do his job, but there's something rock steady about Kelly. You can put him out there with 10 seconds to go in a close game and feel 100% comfortable. I feel that now would not be the time to think about moving him personally.

Yeah your right about that... Right now the Sens have alot of players who could come close to Kelly in trade value, that should be traded first... ie: Shubert...

11Khabibulin rumour Empty Re: Khabibulin rumour Mon Sep 29, 2008 2:30 pm

Phoenix30

Phoenix30
Veteran
Veteran

smash88 wrote:
504Heater wrote:

Yeah your right about that... Right now the Sens have alot of players who could come close to Kelly in trade value, that should be traded first... ie: Shubert...

I only suggest Kelly because of the money he could free up to bring in Bulin. McAmmond is cheaper and could do the same job.

12Khabibulin rumour Empty Re: Khabibulin rumour Mon Sep 29, 2008 2:55 pm

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran

Phoenix30 wrote:
smash88 wrote:
504Heater wrote:

I only suggest Kelly because of the money he could free up to bring in Bulin. McAmmond is cheaper and could do the same job.

Yes my point exactly... 2 million is too much to be paying a guy like Chris Kelly... He's good but not that good...

13Khabibulin rumour Empty Re: Khabibulin rumour Mon Sep 29, 2008 3:25 pm

504Heater wrote:

Plus Murray would not sign the guy long term and turn around and trade him unless it was for something stellar, not Khabibulin. IMO GMs lose a lot of face doing that kind of stuff. That is pure cap moves when you just signed a guy.

14Khabibulin rumour Empty Re: Khabibulin rumour Mon Sep 29, 2008 3:29 pm

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran

MurderOnIce wrote:
504Heater wrote:

Plus Murray would not sign the guy long term and turn around and trade him unless it was for something stellar, not Khabibulin. IMO GMs lose a lot of face doing that kind of stuff. That is pure cap moves when you just signed a guy.

oh I agree, I don't think Kelly would get traded in this trade, I said that somewhere on here, that there are 4 or 5 guys on the Sens who would get traded before he would... I just think they put too much into Kelly, I really don't see him as that good of a player... But now that they signed him to that contract, they pretty much have to live with it...

15Khabibulin rumour Empty Re: Khabibulin rumour Mon Sep 29, 2008 8:46 pm

Sens4thecup

Rookie
Rookie

Is any one else concerned by the signing of Richardson? Is our defense in such state of disrepair? Obviously Murray is not impressed with their recent trade acquisitions/minor leagues/FAs. (This is coming from discussions with other Sens fans.)

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum