GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Detroit Red Wings - 7:00PM EST. Sat. Feb 13, 2010

+11
pegsensfan
Hockeyhero22000
KidKarlsson
The Silfer Server
dennycrane
Bramlet07
PTFlea
Riprock
PKC
sens4win
wprager
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Senators @ Red Wings Feb. 13, 2010

GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Detroit Red Wings - 7:00PM EST. Sat. Feb 13, 2010 - Page 5 Vote_lcap267%GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Detroit Red Wings - 7:00PM EST. Sat. Feb 13, 2010 - Page 5 Vote_rcap2 67% [ 6 ]
GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Detroit Red Wings - 7:00PM EST. Sat. Feb 13, 2010 - Page 5 Vote_lcap20%GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Detroit Red Wings - 7:00PM EST. Sat. Feb 13, 2010 - Page 5 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Detroit Red Wings - 7:00PM EST. Sat. Feb 13, 2010 - Page 5 Vote_lcap20%GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Detroit Red Wings - 7:00PM EST. Sat. Feb 13, 2010 - Page 5 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Detroit Red Wings - 7:00PM EST. Sat. Feb 13, 2010 - Page 5 Vote_lcap211%GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Detroit Red Wings - 7:00PM EST. Sat. Feb 13, 2010 - Page 5 Vote_rcap2 11% [ 1 ]
GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Detroit Red Wings - 7:00PM EST. Sat. Feb 13, 2010 - Page 5 Vote_lcap222%GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Detroit Red Wings - 7:00PM EST. Sat. Feb 13, 2010 - Page 5 Vote_rcap2 22% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 9

Poll closed

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 6]

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Crappy game from everyone. Couldn't get on the same page, the ice looked like crap, the forecheck was non-existent. Luckily we play again tomorrow, because we need to give a better effort and play on different ice. Not entirely thrilled obviously.

In all honesty, Derek Smith looked good out there and got more comfortable as the game went on. Lee, well, he;s brutal and NOT an NHL D man. If we get anything for him at the deadline, draft, in the future period, we should consider ourselves lucky.

N4L wrote:In all honesty, Derek Smith looked good out there and got more comfortable as the game went on. Lee, well, he;s brutal and NOT an NHL D man. If we get anything for him at the deadline, draft, in the future period, we should consider ourselves lucky.

It's one game. Weren't you saying the last time he was up here that he could be a serviceable 5/6 d-man?

Urkie

Urkie
Sophomore
Sophomore

Dash wrote:Detroit's been getting wayyyyyyy too many breaks and scoring chances. They are either really fast or Ottawa's moving very slowly.

It was the latter. What an embarrassing effort by the Sens. GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Detroit Red Wings - 7:00PM EST. Sat. Feb 13, 2010 - Page 5 489887

Hopefully they actually show up tomorrow.

I was sayiing that before the season started after camp but he hasnt worked hard and just moaned when he went down to The AHL That's 100% on him. No reason he should look like he did tonight.

Smith on the other hand looks like he wanted to make an impression and did. Good on him! He's been by far the better player in Bingo and IMO he has passed Lee on the depth chart too.

N4L wrote:I was sayiing that before the season started after camp but he hasnt worked hard and just moaned when he went down to The AHL That's 100% on him. No reason he should look like he did tonight.

Smith on the other hand looks like he wanted to make an impression and did. Good on him! He's been by far the better player in Bingo and IMO he has passed Lee on the depth chart too.

Smith is also 25, so he's got more experience.

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

The Wings are basically a soccer team on ice and have the best, most efficient system in the NHL.

To beat them when they're on their game, you either have to beat them at their own system, or dump and chase like crazy and win the individual battles.

We sure as hell weren't going to beat them at their game without Karlsson, and the only forward consistently winning puck pursuits was Shannon.

Resultingly, the result resulted.

hemlock wrote:
N4L wrote:I was sayiing that before the season started after camp but he hasnt worked hard and just moaned when he went down to The AHL That's 100% on him. No reason he should look like he did tonight.

Smith is also 25, so he's got more experience.

He's also worked his a$$ off and it shows both in The AHL and showed tonight,

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

wow, a loss and an underwhelming GDT LOL. Looks like I didn't miss much, and the ice was awesome at the canal today Smile

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

marakh wrote:wow, a loss and an underwhelming GDT LOL. Looks like I didn't miss much, and the ice was awesome at the canal today Smile

Yeah, but sometimes I have to insist that people sit and watch losses, come on. You can't just watch the wins! Laugh1

Talking about the ice, it looked horrendous in Detroit tonight.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:
marakh wrote:wow, a loss and an underwhelming GDT LOL. Looks like I didn't miss much, and the ice was awesome at the canal today Smile

Yeah, but sometimes I have to insist that people sit and watch losses, come on. You can't just watch the wins! Laugh1

Talking about the ice, it looked horrendous in Detroit tonight.

It's because I didn't know it woudl be a loss, or else I would have stayed Sarcasm

Sens still have to play better on the road, they have no been iimpressive on the road all year.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

So, how was the coaching match up?

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran

Wings seemed to dictate the play. No biggie, but the Sens didn't seem to want to lay the body. They may have given the Wings too much respect.

If the Sens win tomorrow, they win 3 out of 4 on the week, which is pretty good against anyone.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

N4L wrote:Sens still have to play better on the road, they have no been iimpressive on the road all year.

They've been pretty good in the last little while. This was a poor road game though and they can't continue if they wanna be taken seriously. Thing is, when the March 3rd deadline comes and goes, I doubt Kuba is tops in icetime and I HIGHLY doubt Lee is second on the team in TOI.

I'm not saying that's why we lost, but it's a contributing factor.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

dennycrane wrote:Wings seemed to dictate the play. No biggie, but the Sens didn't seem to want to lay the body. They may have given the Wings too much respect.

If the Sens win tomorrow, they win 3 out of 4 on the week, which is pretty good against anyone.

It's true, we were cursing at them to 'soft dump and forecheck' all game.

sens4win

sens4win
Veteran
Veteran

GDT lately have not been showing much interest used to be like 15 pages now its 8 ......... weird

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

sens4win wrote:GDT lately have not been showing much interest used to be like 15 pages now its 8 ......... weird

Saturday night and we got torched. I'm surprised there's anyone around.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum