GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY:Ottawa Senators @ Minnesota Wild - 8:00pm ET - THU. Dec. 16, 2010

+14
dennycrane
stempniaksen
Bramlet07
sens4win
wprager
SensHulk
Number Twenty Nine
Ev
Riprock
SeawaySensFan
Flo The Action
SDH89
shabbs
Cap'n Clutch
18 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 6]

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

GAME DAY:Ottawa Senators @ Minnesota Wild - 8:00pm ET - THU. Dec. 16, 2010

GAME DAY:Ottawa Senators @ Minnesota Wild   - 8:00pm ET - THU. Dec. 16, 2010 LargeGAME DAY:Ottawa Senators @ Minnesota Wild   - 8:00pm ET - THU. Dec. 16, 2010 AtGAME DAY:Ottawa Senators @ Minnesota Wild   - 8:00pm ET - THU. Dec. 16, 2010 Large

"I am a wild party!"

The Ottawa Senators (13-16-3, 29 pts) visit the Minnesota Wild (13-12-4, 30pts) tonight in the first of back to back road games. Ottawa is coming off a heart breaking loss that saw them not only tie it up on a clutch penalty shot goal by Spezza, his first of his career, but the game winner was also scored off a turnover by that very same guy. The Sens came out guns a blazin' but just couldn't get one past Pavelec and then the unusual happened. Elliott provided sub par goaltending and the team was in a 3-0 hole before Alfie kicked off the comeback attempt and Spezza brought us to OT. Minnesota is coming off a lopsided 6-2 defeat in Anaheim and haven't played since that loss on Sunday.

Ottawa needs to build off of their last few games where they've looked more like a team and have been able to find the back of the net 3 times in each of those games. The Wild are struggling much like the Sens so this is as good a time as any for this match-up to happen. A side note: it's the "Dad's road trip" which means the players will be traveling with their fathers who will get to watch them prepare, practice and play the next couple road games.

Game Coverage:

TV: SNET-OTT(HD)
    Radio: Team 1200
    Web: ATDHE.net and JUSTIN.tv

Latest updates:
Winchester received stitches after getting a puck to the face and Carkner got tended to after Karlsson's skate cut Matt's leg in practice on Tuesday. Both should be fine for tonights game.

TSN's Ice Chips:

Ottawa
    Minnesota

Ottawa Senators Key Injuries:

Pascal Leclaire - (lower body injury) Questionable

Minnesota Wild Key Injuries:

Matt Cullen (groin) - Game time decision
    John Madden (upper-body injury) - Game time decision

Game Day Previews:

NHL.com
    ESPN

Media Links:

SensTV On-line
    Official Twitter of the Ottawa Senators

Spread the word!

Follow GMHockey on Twitter: http://twitter.com/gmhockey

GO SENS GO!!!

- Unknown Author

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Sens gotta win this one. Wild are banged up and sporting some injuries. Sens have to take advantage.

GO SENS GO!!!

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Looking at how the team performed in the last three games, especially coming back from a three nothing hole to snag an OT point vs. Atlanta, it looks as though it's the start of a slump buster. Ottawa has had some success against Minnesota historically (6-2-0 plus a tie).

I am really hopeful that Leclaire is good to go and gets the start in this one because Elliott has struggled his last couple starts and Leclaire looked solid in the NJ win making key saves at key times.

I would hate to see the skaters finally turn their game around only to have it wasted on sub par goal-tending. I think Leclaire and the team in front of him are all starting to put the pieces together for a bit of a turn around.

Do I think we still have a shot at the playoffs? Ask me that in mid January.

- Unknown Author

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Clutch's keys to Victory

1 - Strong to Stellar goaltending - Putting the two weakest links on D together will require some outstanding goaltending at times. The bright side is by doing this the Sens have actually drastically improved 1 D pairing in the top 4. The forwards need improvement on the defensive side of the puck as well so the double whammy of sub par D and sub par defensive zone coverage requires a little extra from the goalie.

2 - Commitment to team play. Try playing as 5 man units rather than individuals. This is an area that has really improved over the last few games IMO. A good forecheck and good cycle is only useful if you actually start getting shots or drawing penalties so... SHOOT when you have a chance and a clear lane or screen.

3 - Remember...Your DAD is watching!!!

- Unknown Author

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Jose Theodore in net for the Wild tonight and it looks like Leclaire will be in net for the Sens.

SDH89

SDH89
Veteran
Veteran

Cap'n Clutch wrote:Clutch's keys to Victory

1 - Strong to Stellar goaltending - Putting the two weakest links on D together will require some outstanding goaltending at times. The bright side is by doing this the Sens have actually drastically improved 1 D pairing in the top 4. The forwards need improvement on the defensive side of the puck as well so the double whammy of sub par D and sub par defensive zone coverage requires a little extra from the goalie.

2 - Commitment to team play. Try playing as 5 man units rather than individuals. This is an area that has really improved over the last few games IMO. A good forecheck and good cycle is only useful if you actually start getting shots or drawing penalties so... SHOOT when you have a chance and a clear lane or screen.

3 - Remember...Your DAD is watching!!!

This is actually very true. Countless times NHL teams have GREAT roadtrips with their fathers on board. I'm feeling back to back wins on this one.

SDH89

SDH89
Veteran
Veteran

shabbs wrote:Jose Theodore in net for the Wild tonight and it looks like Leclaire will be in net for the Sens.

The one bonus for us, is that with our crappy record, team will keep on feeding us their back ups. Although I think Backstrom has been slumping lately, but I'll take Theodore any day of the week.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

leclaire in the net, i'm already relieved.
GO SENS GO!!!!!!!

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Leclaire confirmed to start. Lee in, Carkner out (ankle)

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

shabbs wrote:Leclaire confirmed to start. Lee Mr. Minnesota in, Carkner out (ankle)

Fixed.

Let's not read anything into it, though.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Lee's Dad in the stands?

EDIT: Yes, his family will be at the game.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

I am happy to see Lee get to play in his "hometown" in front of family. Let's hope for a motivated performance.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Leclaire in net, Western Conference team, Brian Lee in. Everything points to a loss! Tank nation!

Number Twenty Nine

Number Twenty Nine
Veteran
Veteran

How does it work that they waived Lee and he still is on the big club?

Would he have to be waived again?

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

I guess they're doing a favor to Brian Lee....or maybe Carkner's cut is legitimately cut and not 100% for tonight.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 6]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum