GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Minnesota Wild :: 8:00pm ET :: Tue. Jan. 14th, 2014

+9
PTFlea
Ev
Flo The Action
Cap'n Clutch
SeawaySensFan
SensHulk
tim1_2
NEELY
shabbs
13 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 10]

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

OK. Let's go. Sens Game Day!

As confirmed yesterday by PMac, Lehner gets the start. Lineup looked to be the same as vs the Preds. Here's what he had to say about the lineup yesterday:

"For us we're going to play Robin Lehner in net. Right now Chris Neil is a decision we're going to wait on until tomorrow. His practices have been very good, we want to see how he gets through today but we're not going to make a final determination on that until we really have to tomorrow but other than that I believe at this point everything else will stay the same."

Sens were making big news yesterday with Murray's 2-year extension as GM being made official as well as staying on for an additional 2-years afterwards as a special advisor. Talk of the Sens making a big push to win now started making the rounds and it seems the Sens are open for business and want to get this team to the next level in quick order. Ideally, we'd all love to see Murray hoist a Cup as the GM. We'll see what moves come in the 2nd half of the season.

It's a dog fight in the East with the Wild Card race. I think there are 9 teams all within 4 points of each other now. Madness. Sens need to keep the wins and points coming if they want to stay in the hunt.

GO SENS GO!!!

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Bonus points on the road tonight, no pressure. If they can take 1 that's great, if they somehow win and take 2 that's beyond any expectations.

Lehner goes as he needs to get in so hopefully he's sharp.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Must. Get. Points. Preferably 2. No reason not to win tonight...the Wild are missing Parise, Koivu, and Harding. Ottawa's had a bunch of rest lately. We have the Habs up next at home, so winning tonight is imperative.

We're 2 points back of the wildcard again.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Other games of interest to the Sens tonight:
 - Leafs @ Bruins - Leafs are 1 point ahead, Sens have a game in hand
 - Devils @ Habs - Devils are tied for points, Sens have a game in hand
 - Flyers @ Sabres - Flyers are 2 points up on the Sens and sit in the 1st wild card spot

Here's the Wild Card picture in the East this morning:

GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Minnesota Wild :: 8:00pm ET :: Tue. Jan. 14th, 2014 Wild_c10

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

I assume we're going to face Backstrom in net, although Kuemper had a 4-0 shutout last game for the Wild so maybe they'll give him another start.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

No point in score watching because there is a lot of track left and Montreal and Toronto both still have to go out West. Ottawa controls their own faith, simple as that.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Gotta keep the faith...

Wink

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

FAITH, FTW!

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Kuemper confirmed as starter for the Wild.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/blogs/239857441.html

I guess they liked what they saw from him last game...

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

shabbs wrote:Kuemper confirmed as starter for the Wild.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/blogs/239857441.html

I guess they liked what they saw from him last game...

We're normally fantastic against backup goalies, right?

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

oh no u didn't shabbs.....

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Oh yes I did...

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

shabbs wrote:Oh yes I did...

I don't care for this band but they opened for Metallica and when they played this song they had George Michael's arse on the big screen. I laughed my arse off.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Anyone actually into limp biscuit?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 10]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum