GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Murray to fast track Karlsson?

+16
Riprock
Number Twenty Nine
LeCaptain
TeamRenzo
PTFlea
SeawaySensFan
rooneypoo
SensGirl11
asq2
Snuh
Cap'n Clutch
COLLAR UP
Phoenix30
wprager
LethalLehner
Mojo
20 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 9]

1Murray to fast track Karlsson? Empty Murray to fast track Karlsson? Thu Jan 15, 2009 8:21 am

Mojo

Mojo
Rookie
Rookie

I thought this was pretty interesting. I think most people would have seen a move like this coming.

http://www.ottawacitizen.com/sports/hockey/ottawa-senators/Karlsson+fast+track+Sens+blue+line/1178429/story.html

2Murray to fast track Karlsson? Empty Re: Murray to fast track Karlsson? Thu Jan 15, 2009 8:34 am

He's got to add some size. He was good enough skill wise to play in the NHL the day he was drafted, but he'll get eaten alive physically right now in the NHL.

I really, really don't want to rush this kid. He's so cool and confident with the puck, and looking at the current Sens team, he's exactly what the doctor ordered, but he needs size.

3Murray to fast track Karlsson? Empty Re: Murray to fast track Karlsson? Thu Jan 15, 2009 8:44 am

LethalLehner

LethalLehner
Sophomore
Sophomore

I would love to see what he can do for the team next year. Worst case scenario is he gets moved to Bingo after a couple of games.

4Murray to fast track Karlsson? Empty Re: Murray to fast track Karlsson? Thu Jan 15, 2009 8:47 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I'd love to see him come up as the 7th defenseman (Schubert being the 6th, so can fill in as forward when necessary) against less-physical teams. Put him up against skill lines and on the PP. As for bulking up, take him for some ribs at Baton Rouge or a plate of pasta or two at Fratelli after each game (jk).

5Murray to fast track Karlsson? Empty Re: Murray to fast track Karlsson? Thu Jan 15, 2009 8:50 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

The article mentions Ryan Shannon as a promising young player but omits him from the list of NHL-ready players. I disagree. He's played in the NHL already and got side tracked with injuries, IIRC. When he came up here he was fine -- more than fine, even -- until that concussion.

6Murray to fast track Karlsson? Empty Re: Murray to fast track Karlsson? Thu Jan 15, 2009 8:57 am

Mojo

Mojo
Rookie
Rookie

I think there are quite a few Bingo players who are worth having a real hard look at next year. Shannon, Zubov, Smith could all potentially have a spot next year if Murray can successfully clean out most of our current 3rd and 4th liners at the deadline. I would love to see a very youthful team surrounded by our star players next year. Also with that many rookie contracts, Murray could afford a defenseman or two to help bridge the gap.

7Murray to fast track Karlsson? Empty Re: Murray to fast track Karlsson? Thu Jan 15, 2009 8:58 am

Phoenix30

Phoenix30
Veteran
Veteran

I think Murray may do what Calgary did with Backlund and send him to a junior team before sending to the AHL if he can't make the big team next season. This would allow him to get use to the NA game while adding size and strength.

8Murray to fast track Karlsson? Empty Re: Murray to fast track Karlsson? Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:01 am

COLLAR UP

COLLAR UP
Rookie
Rookie

Mojo wrote:I think there are quite a few Bingo players who are worth having a real hard look at next year. Shannon, Zubov, Smith could all potentially have a spot next year if Murray can successfully clean out most of our current 3rd and 4th liners at the deadline. I would love to see a very youthful team surrounded by our star players next year. Also with that many rookie contracts, Murray could afford a defenseman or two to help bridge the gap.

I am totally on board with this...

keep the core...I guess...lol...and fill the rest out with tons of youth...tons...

they will play hard...look at WASH...CHI...they have things to prove...contracts to get...etc...

9Murray to fast track Karlsson? Empty Re: Murray to fast track Karlsson? Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:01 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

It depends who you talk to on where Karlsson is at in his development.

Some are saying he could step in the NHL next season if he packs on a few pounds.

Some are saying give him a year in the AHL next season and still others are saying he's going to play next season in Europe in the Elite levels and then the season after that he makes it to the AHL then NHL.

This kid is anywhere from ready now to ready in 4 years!! What's the deal?

- Unknown Author

10Murray to fast track Karlsson? Empty Re: Murray to fast track Karlsson? Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:03 am

Snuh

Snuh
Rookie
Rookie

Karlsson isn't too small. He'll put on some mass over the summer. But really, if a guy like Tobias Enstrom is getting regular playing time in the NHL, Karlsson is a shoe in.

11Murray to fast track Karlsson? Empty Re: Murray to fast track Karlsson? Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:09 am

Mojo

Mojo
Rookie
Rookie

Cap'n Clutch wrote:It depends who you talk to on where Karlsson is at in his development.

Some are saying he could step in the NHL next season if he packs on a few pounds.

Some are saying give him a year in the AHL next season and still others are saying he's going to play next season in Europe in the Elite levels and then the season after that he makes it to the AHL then NHL.

This kid is anywhere from ready now to ready in 4 years!! What's the deal?

I just can't see him spending another year in Sweden. He is already pretty good, he just needs to learn the NA game. Another year in Sweden would probably hinder his development a bit.

12Murray to fast track Karlsson? Empty Re: Murray to fast track Karlsson? Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:10 am

Mojo

Mojo
Rookie
Rookie

Snuh wrote:Karlsson isn't too small. He'll put on some mass over the summer. But really, if a guy like Tobias Enstrom is getting regular playing time in the NHL, Karlsson is a shoe in.

I think he is still too small, but that doesn't mean he can't play here next year. If he was paired up with Volchenkov, he could do alright.

13Murray to fast track Karlsson? Empty Re: Murray to fast track Karlsson? Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:29 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I'd just like some consistancy out of the Sens Org in terms of where they see there prospects development. The extra year in Sweden came from a clip they showed at the game discussing Karlsson's development. According to that guy he said Karlsson needs to play with the big boys next season in Sweden then make the transition to NA then maybe callups and NHL after that.

So next season Sweden, Season after that AHL, Season after that NHL.

Sens Staff are saying 2011/12 and Murray is saying quite possibly 09/10.

- Unknown Author

14Murray to fast track Karlsson? Empty Re: Murray to fast track Karlsson? Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:30 am

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

I'd give him one more year in Sweden.

15Murray to fast track Karlsson? Empty Re: Murray to fast track Karlsson? Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:34 am

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

I hope Murray doesn't rush Karlsson into being NHL ready. I really wouldn't mind seeing him in Bingo next year though, rather than the Elite League. I want to see him in the next 2 years personally...but I don't think that's the best idea, and dont' think it's going to happen.

It certainly sounds like Murray wants him to be ready today though...so I guess time will tell.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 9]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum