GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Murray to fast track Karlsson?

+16
Riprock
Number Twenty Nine
LeCaptain
TeamRenzo
PTFlea
SeawaySensFan
rooneypoo
SensGirl11
asq2
Snuh
Cap'n Clutch
COLLAR UP
Phoenix30
wprager
LethalLehner
Mojo
20 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 9]

76Murray to fast track Karlsson? - Page 6 Empty Re: Murray to fast track Karlsson? Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:11 pm

Acrobat

Veteran
Veteran

Let's hope he gets even less... :D

77Murray to fast track Karlsson? - Page 6 Empty Re: Murray to fast track Karlsson? Thu Jan 15, 2009 11:12 pm

Who remembers Zanon mocking Hasek in last years Det-Nsh 1st round series? Then the game winner (or tie-er, I can't remember) goes off Zanon into his own net :lol!:

That was karma in action.

78Murray to fast track Karlsson? - Page 6 Empty Re: Murray to fast track Karlsson? Fri Jan 16, 2009 12:00 am

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

RobbyJ wrote:
504Heater wrote:Good, so we're all on the same page. I expected some unhappy campers when I typed 3.5.
Guaranteed he gets 4M minimum. He's making 3.2M this year.

Huh? He's making $2.5M. Plus you've got to take the shrinking cap into consideration.

79Murray to fast track Karlsson? - Page 6 Empty Re: Murray to fast track Karlsson? Fri Jan 16, 2009 6:12 am

Tukker wrote:What Greg Zanon gets this year should be used as a base for Anton's raise. if Zanon gets 3 million, than Anton gets 4

I doubt Zanon gets 3. Not to stay in Nashville anyway. He's a fantastic shot blocker, but realistically, that's all he is. He is not anywhere close to the level of Volchie imo. I'd say 2.5 tops. Probably closer to 2. Depends on the market though I suppose.

Having said that, if we jettison Phillips, which we should look at, I'm fine with paying Volchie $4 over a 2-3 year deal. Someone mentioned that his is getting injured more recently, and while that may be true, he is a warrior and fights through injury and pain to play most days anyway. I don't see him missing much more if any action than usual going forward. Just bumps, bruises, and the odd broken bone. If he had bad knees or something, I'd think twice about giving him that money. There may be a language barrier with him, but he leads by example and would be a great role model for all the young D-men we'll having coming in the next 2-3 years.

80Murray to fast track Karlsson? - Page 6 Empty Re: Murray to fast track Karlsson? Fri Jan 16, 2009 8:51 am

hemlock wrote:
Tukker wrote:What Greg Zanon gets this year should be used as a base for Anton's raise. if Zanon gets 3 million, than Anton gets 4

I doubt Zanon gets 3. Not to stay in Nashville anyway. He's a fantastic shot blocker, but realistically, that's all he is. He is not anywhere close to the level of Volchie imo. I'd say 2.5 tops. Probably closer to 2. Depends on the market though I suppose.

Having said that, if we jettison Phillips, which we should look at, I'm fine with paying Volchie $4 over a 2-3 year deal. Someone mentioned that his is getting injured more recently, and while that may be true, he is a warrior and fights through injury and pain to play most days anyway. I don't see him missing much more if any action than usual going forward. Just bumps, bruises, and the odd broken bone. If he had bad knees or something, I'd think twice about giving him that money. There may be a language barrier with him, but he leads by example and would be a great role model for all the young D-men we'll having coming in the next 2-3 years.
Did Phillips steal your girlfriend or something, you seem to have such a hate on for him.

81Murray to fast track Karlsson? - Page 6 Empty Re: Murray to fast track Karlsson? Fri Jan 16, 2009 9:43 am

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

PKC wrote:
cash wrote:
Tavares is massively overhyped and overrated. I'm really not a fan of his. So much so, that if we were in a position to draft him and had every assurance that he was the player the team immediately below us wanted, I would trade the pick. He's no Sidney Crosby; he's no Wayne Gretzky; he's not even Patrick Kane or JVR.

What exactly are these two's accomplishments?

What's Patrick Kane done? I dunno -- win the Calder Trophy as the best rookie in the NHL for 2007-08, for starters? Ahead of N. Backstrom (WAS) and Toews? Oh yea, that Patrick Kane... LOL!

http://www.thehockeynews.com/articles/16611-Hawks-centre-Patrick-Kane-takes-home-Calder-Trophy-as-rookie-of-the-year.html

82Murray to fast track Karlsson? - Page 6 Empty Re: Murray to fast track Karlsson? Fri Jan 16, 2009 9:55 am

RobbyJ wrote:
hemlock wrote:

Did Phillips steal your girlfriend or something, you seem to have such a hate on for him.

Quite the contrary actually. I respect what he's done in his career for the Sens. A few years there he was the only stand up guy after losing to the Leafs in the playoffs. Everyone else ducked for cover yet he faced the media everytime.

I just think that he's declining. I don't think that it's an Redden-esque decline, but a decline none the less. My worry is that we lose him for nothing. That's a big reason this team is in the shape it's in today. Getting nothing in return for an asset hurts, and I think if the right deal is there, trade him now (or when the rebuild officially begins). I cannot imagine his value going up any.

It's not a personal thing, I just don't want to see him walk and have us stuck with nothing.....again. I'm not saying he needs to go no matter what. I think if the return is right, I'd trade him though. It could be moot anyway since he has a NTC.

83Murray to fast track Karlsson? - Page 6 Empty Re: Murray to fast track Karlsson? Fri Jan 16, 2009 9:58 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

What does any of this have to do with Karlsson potentially developing a jawline like Mike Fisher or Paul Coffey?

84Murray to fast track Karlsson? - Page 6 Empty Re: Murray to fast track Karlsson? Fri Jan 16, 2009 10:10 am

hemlock wrote:
RobbyJ wrote:
hemlock wrote:

Quite the contrary actually. I respect what he's done in his career for the Sens. A few years there he was the only stand up guy after losing to the Leafs in the playoffs. Everyone else ducked for cover yet he faced the media everytime.

I just think that he's declining. I don't think that it's an Redden-esque decline, but a decline none the less. My worry is that we lose him for nothing. That's a big reason this team is in the shape it's in today. Getting nothing in return for an asset hurts, and I think if the right deal is there, trade him now (or when the rebuild officially begins). I cannot imagine his value going up any.

It's not a personal thing, I just don't want to see him walk and have us stuck with nothing.....again. I'm not saying he needs to go no matter what. I think if the return is right, I'd trade him though. It could be moot anyway since he has a NTC.
Why not just resign him. He took less to stay last time, his family is well rooted in the community and he has never shown any interest in leaving. The reasons for trading him are the same reasons I gave for trading Alfie and I got ripped, so I guess I just don't understand the double standard for two guys who have given this organization everything they have and more.

85Murray to fast track Karlsson? - Page 6 Empty Re: Murray to fast track Karlsson? Fri Jan 16, 2009 11:16 am

RobbyJ wrote:
hemlock wrote:
RobbyJ wrote:
hemlock wrote:

Why not just resign him. He took less to stay last time, his family is well rooted in the community and he has never shown any interest in leaving. The reasons for trading him are the same reasons I gave for trading Alfie and I got ripped, so I guess I just don't understand the double standard for two guys who have given this organization everything they have and more.

I personally never ripped you for suggesting Alfie leaving. If Alfie wants to go to a contender, then so be it. I don't think Alfie has or will decline as much as Phillips.

You're right in that he's rooted in the community, and has never done anything to suggest he wants to do anything but stay in Ottawa. If he continues to decline, then he'd pretty well have to re-sign for less. If he is willing to put his name on a contract past this current term for less, I am fine with it. He deserves to choose whether he stays, provided he is willing to take what he is worth. Ideally, we give him what Volchie is making now, and Volchie signs for closer to what Phillips is making now.

86Murray to fast track Karlsson? - Page 6 Empty Re: Murray to fast track Karlsson? Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:06 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

asq2 wrote:I'd give him one more year in Sweden.

Murray to fast track Karlsson? - Page 6 159628

87Murray to fast track Karlsson? - Page 6 Empty Re: Murray to fast track Karlsson? Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:12 pm

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

marakh wrote:

It sure is fun to have this guy be this good when he's this young. The way he should develop, we might be looking at a guy who can put up Mike Green numbers off our backend very soon...so excited.

88Murray to fast track Karlsson? - Page 6 Empty Re: Murray to fast track Karlsson? Mon Jan 25, 2010 7:43 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

marakh wrote:

Murray to fast track Karlsson? - Page 6 270956 Well, I had no idea his defensive game would translate this quickly. Murray to fast track Karlsson? - Page 6 Icon_razz

I think I b****ed sufficiently when he got sent down to the AHL to make up for it.

Although, that's looking like a pretty good move as well. Murray to fast track Karlsson? - Page 6 805406

89Murray to fast track Karlsson? - Page 6 Empty Re: Murray to fast track Karlsson? Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:33 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

asq2 wrote:
Murray to fast track Karlsson? - Page 6 270956 Well, I had no idea his defensive game would translate this quickly. Murray to fast track Karlsson? - Page 6 Icon_razz

I think I b****ed sufficiently when he got sent down to the AHL to make up for it.

Although, that's looking like a pretty good move as well. Murray to fast track Karlsson? - Page 6 805406

Ahhhhh! That's pretty funny. We need to dig up some of these old things. I was NOT pleased with the idea of Leclaire, I remember that.

90Murray to fast track Karlsson? - Page 6 Empty Re: Murray to fast track Karlsson? Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:42 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Does anyone know if this fast-tracking strategy has been implemented? If so, how is it coming along so far?

Thanks in advance.

91Murray to fast track Karlsson? - Page 6 Empty Re: Murray to fast track Karlsson? Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:23 am

SpezDispenser wrote:
asq2 wrote:

Murray to fast track Karlsson? - Page 6 235689 That's pretty funny. We need to dig up some of these old things. I was NOT pleased with the idea of Leclaire, I remember that.

At least we didn't give up too too much for him. And the real key to that deal right now is Lehner. Lehner for Vermette right now almost looks even. Assuming he fast-tracks too he might be our goalie in two years...

92Murray to fast track Karlsson? - Page 6 Empty Re: Murray to fast track Karlsson? Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:49 am

That Leclaire deal is still a good one. Vermette was a spare part and Regin looks like he is going to be the better player anyways, so what did Ottawa give up? It was a calculated risk (still hasnt paid off) and the right move at the time, it still might be.

Right now The Sens have min 2 goalies pushing each other for time in Elliott and Lecliare, if you through Brodure into the mix you have 3. Injuries or not that is a good situation. Leclaire is a bandaid, clearly but if he gets on a roll he is one of the best in the game, if he doesnt, Elliott has the tallent to get the job done as well. You through Lehner into all this and it's an amazing deal.

If The Sens get into the playoffs (which it looks like they will with the way this team has come together despite my past reservations) and Leclaire gets the job done in the playoffs, or even Elliott does, that trade last year will look fantastic because right now The BJ's probably wish they had Leclaire over Mason, he's been the worst goaltender in The NHL.

93Murray to fast track Karlsson? - Page 6 Empty Re: Murray to fast track Karlsson? Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:54 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

N4L wrote:That Leclaire deal is still a good one. Vermette was a spare part and Regin looks like he is going to be the better player anyways, so what did Ottawa give up? It was a calculated risk (still hasnt paid off) and the right move at the time, it still might be.

Right now The Sens have min 2 goalies pushing each other for time in Elliott and Lecliare, if you through Brodure into the mix you have 3. Injuries or not that is a good situation. Leclaire is a bandaid, clearly but if he gets on a roll he is one of the best in the game, if he doesnt, Elliott has the tallent to get the job done as well. You through Lehner into all this and it's an amazing deal.

If The Sens get into the playoffs (which it looks like they will with the way this team has come together despite my past reservations) and Leclaire gets the job done in the playoffs, or even Elliott does, that trade last year will look fantastic because right now The BJ's probably wish they had Leclaire over Mason, he's been the worst goaltender in The NHL.

It's aliiiiiiiiive! Murray to fast track Karlsson? - Page 6 235689 Murray to fast track Karlsson? - Page 6 805406

Welcome back. Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 9]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum