GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Murray to fast track Karlsson?

+16
Riprock
Number Twenty Nine
LeCaptain
TeamRenzo
PTFlea
SeawaySensFan
rooneypoo
SensGirl11
asq2
Snuh
Cap'n Clutch
COLLAR UP
Phoenix30
wprager
LethalLehner
Mojo
20 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 9]

46Murray to fast track Karlsson? - Page 4 Empty Re: Murray to fast track Karlsson? Thu Jan 15, 2009 1:38 pm

If he had Lidstrom size I would say that he could be one of the best of all times. I dont think people really realize how special that kid is. Its actually off the charts, people talk abot Hedman being a once in a decade prospect, so is Karlsson.

I would take Karlsson over anyone drafted last year, or anyone that will be drafted this year.

47Murray to fast track Karlsson? - Page 4 Empty Re: Murray to fast track Karlsson? Thu Jan 15, 2009 1:39 pm

TeamRenzo wrote:
Neely4Life wrote:
Mojo wrote:
Neely4Life wrote:Also, IMO, he is the best player in the world, not in the NHL right now.

I'm guessing you're just trying to provoke people with this statement...

Give me a better player not in the NHL right now.

Is this a serious question?

I'd probably take Tavares over Karlsson

Its not even close between those 2. Karlsson was actually the best player at the WJC and you can pretty much ask any GM or scout that watched the tournament, and they will agree.

48Murray to fast track Karlsson? - Page 4 Empty Re: Murray to fast track Karlsson? Thu Jan 15, 2009 1:43 pm

Riprock

All-Star
All-Star

Tavares got injured last night. Looks like a shoulder. Left the Prospects game in serious discomfort.

49Murray to fast track Karlsson? - Page 4 Empty Re: Murray to fast track Karlsson? Thu Jan 15, 2009 1:47 pm

Neely4Life wrote:If he had Lidstrom size I would say that he could be one of the best of all times. I dont think people really realize how special that kid is. Its actually off the charts, people talk abot Hedman being a once in a decade prospect, so is Karlsson.

I would take Karlsson over anyone drafted last year, or anyone that will be drafted this year.
We see him much the same way, but I really can't honestly say he is the best player not in the NHL right now. I'd be willing to say he's up there, but that really is a bold statement.
I'm excited for his arrival, regardless...and with Lee starting to show some improvement, it could make next year a whole lot more fun than I expected...

50Murray to fast track Karlsson? - Page 4 Empty Re: Murray to fast track Karlsson? Thu Jan 15, 2009 1:50 pm

Neely4Life wrote:
TeamRenzo wrote:
Neely4Life wrote:
Mojo wrote:
Neely4Life wrote:Also, IMO, he is the best player in the world, not in the NHL right now.

Its not even close between those 2. Karlsson was actually the best player at the WJC and you can pretty much ask any GM or scout that watched the tournament, and they will agree.
Tavares is massively overhyped and overrated. I'm really not a fan of his. So much so, that if we were in a position to draft him and had every assurance that he was the player the team immediately below us wanted, I would trade the pick. He's no Sidney Crosby; he's no Wayne Gretzky; he's not even Patrick Kane or JVR.

51Murray to fast track Karlsson? - Page 4 Empty Re: Murray to fast track Karlsson? Thu Jan 15, 2009 1:50 pm

There just isnt anyone not in the NHL with his overall tallent, from every aspect. I would say Cody Hodgson, but even he doenst have some of the abilities that Karlsson has.

Hodgson should have been the MVP of that tourny if the player is supposed to come from the winning team. Too many people in Canada have a hard on for Tavares.

52Murray to fast track Karlsson? - Page 4 Empty Re: Murray to fast track Karlsson? Thu Jan 15, 2009 1:52 pm

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

cash wrote:The problem with putting on that kind of weight in that kind of time span is that it really throws off your equilibrium. You could see it with guys like Foligno and Lee this season - they lost a step and were more unbalanced than they were as rookies.
It would benefit him long-term, but I'm not sure how good it would be for the first quarter/half of next season.

Yeah, but it's gotta happen at some point. He won't last long in the NHL if he stays 165 pounds forever.

53Murray to fast track Karlsson? - Page 4 Empty Re: Murray to fast track Karlsson? Thu Jan 15, 2009 1:59 pm

rooneypoo wrote:
cash wrote:The problem with putting on that kind of weight in that kind of time span is that it really throws off your equilibrium. You could see it with guys like Foligno and Lee this season - they lost a step and were more unbalanced than they were as rookies.
It would benefit him long-term, but I'm not sure how good it would be for the first quarter/half of next season.

Yeah, but it's gotta happen at some point. He won't last long in the NHL if he stays 165 pounds forever.

He will go on roids if he cant gain the weight himself, garenteed.

54Murray to fast track Karlsson? - Page 4 Empty Re: Murray to fast track Karlsson? Thu Jan 15, 2009 2:10 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Neely4Life wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:

He will go on roids if he cant gain the weight himself, garenteed.

Will his jaw look anything like Mike Fisher or Paul Coffey?

55Murray to fast track Karlsson? - Page 4 Empty Re: Murray to fast track Karlsson? Thu Jan 15, 2009 3:45 pm

TeamRenzo

Rookie
Rookie

cash wrote:
Neely4Life wrote:
TeamRenzo wrote:
Neely4Life wrote:
Mojo wrote:

Tavares is massively overhyped and overrated. I'm really not a fan of his. So much so, that if we were in a position to draft him and had every assurance that he was the player the team immediately below us wanted, I would trade the pick. He's no Sidney Crosby; he's no Wayne Gretzky; he's not even Patrick Kane or JVR.

How can you tell that Tavares is massively over hyped, according to my records he has yet to play a game in the NHL. No one ever said he would be the next Gretzky or Crosby, Pierre Maguire compared him to Dale Hawerchuck, not bad at all.

I love the look of Karlsson but to call him the best player not playing in the NHL might be a bit of a stretch

56Murray to fast track Karlsson? - Page 4 Empty Re: Murray to fast track Karlsson? Thu Jan 15, 2009 4:07 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Neely4Life wrote:If he had Lidstrom size I would say that he could be one of the best of all times. I dont think people really realize how special that kid is. Its actually off the charts, people talk abot Hedman being a once in a decade prospect, so is Karlsson.

Don't Diddle with my emotions man...that's pretty high praise. Suspect

57Murray to fast track Karlsson? - Page 4 Empty Re: Murray to fast track Karlsson? Thu Jan 15, 2009 4:08 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

cash wrote:One thing that really impressed me was his stick work when defending. He's got that Lidstrom-esque ability to stop attacking players without being overly physical.

Don't Diddle with my emotions man...that's pretty high praise. Suspect

58Murray to fast track Karlsson? - Page 4 Empty Re: Murray to fast track Karlsson? Thu Jan 15, 2009 4:10 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

In all seriousness, I saw it too. The kid's got 'it'. The innate 6th sense that the best of the best have. He uses his stick very, very well, which limits the amount of contact he takes, he's got one of the best outlet passes I've seen for a boy his age and an awesome and accurate shot.

I don't personally want to see him rushed, but if someone asked me if he could play on Ottawa's blueline today and make an impact, I would say yes without hesitation.

Still want him to (naturally) gain 15 pounds minimum.

59Murray to fast track Karlsson? - Page 4 Empty Re: Murray to fast track Karlsson? Thu Jan 15, 2009 4:14 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

Who will he be paired with I wonder...will Wiericoch be ready at the same time as him? Or will he be paired with Phillips to start? if he's still here that is...

60Murray to fast track Karlsson? - Page 4 Empty Re: Murray to fast track Karlsson? Thu Jan 15, 2009 4:19 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SensGirl11 wrote:Who will he be paired with I wonder...will Wiericoch be ready at the same time as him? Or will he be paired with Phillips to start? if he's still here that is...

Hopefully Phillips and Karlsson and Wiercioch with Volchenkov and Lee with Picard, but by the time these two make it, there's an average chance that one or both of Phillips and Volchenkov aren't here anymore.

61Murray to fast track Karlsson? - Page 4 Empty Re: Murray to fast track Karlsson? Thu Jan 15, 2009 4:23 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

SensGirl11 wrote:Who will he be paired with I wonder...will Wiericoch be ready at the same time as him? Or will he be paired with Phillips to start? if he's still here that is...

Wiercioch needs one year in the AHL AT LEAST. With Lee, Picard and may be Karlsson, we have enough young Dmen in the system. MOre than that, it's a suicide season.

62Murray to fast track Karlsson? - Page 4 Empty Re: Murray to fast track Karlsson? Thu Jan 15, 2009 4:25 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

marakh wrote:
Wiercioch needs one year in the AHL AT LEAST. With Lee, Picard and may be Karlsson, we have enough young Dmen in the system. MOre than that, it's a suicide season.

You're right, Wiercioch won't be ready until middle of 10/11 earliest.

63Murray to fast track Karlsson? - Page 4 Empty Re: Murray to fast track Karlsson? Thu Jan 15, 2009 4:25 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

He'll need someone with a little size who is good defensively. Phillips has been great for bringing along youngsters, but in two years' time that job could be Volchenkov's. Assuming Richardson remains retired Smile

ETA: Talking about Karlsson

Last edited by wprager on Thu Jan 15, 2009 4:27 pm; edited 1 time in total

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 9]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum