GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Murray to fast track Karlsson?

+16
Riprock
Number Twenty Nine
LeCaptain
TeamRenzo
PTFlea
SeawaySensFan
rooneypoo
SensGirl11
asq2
Snuh
Cap'n Clutch
COLLAR UP
Phoenix30
wprager
LethalLehner
Mojo
20 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 9]

61Murray to fast track Karlsson? - Page 5 Empty Re: Murray to fast track Karlsson? Thu Jan 15, 2009 4:23 pm

LeCaptain

All-Star
All-Star

SensGirl11 wrote:Who will he be paired with I wonder...will Wiericoch be ready at the same time as him? Or will he be paired with Phillips to start? if he's still here that is...

Wiercioch needs one year in the AHL AT LEAST. With Lee, Picard and may be Karlsson, we have enough young Dmen in the system. MOre than that, it's a suicide season.

62Murray to fast track Karlsson? - Page 5 Empty Re: Murray to fast track Karlsson? Thu Jan 15, 2009 4:25 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

marakh wrote:
Wiercioch needs one year in the AHL AT LEAST. With Lee, Picard and may be Karlsson, we have enough young Dmen in the system. MOre than that, it's a suicide season.

You're right, Wiercioch won't be ready until middle of 10/11 earliest.

63Murray to fast track Karlsson? - Page 5 Empty Re: Murray to fast track Karlsson? Thu Jan 15, 2009 4:25 pm

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

He'll need someone with a little size who is good defensively. Phillips has been great for bringing along youngsters, but in two years' time that job could be Volchenkov's. Assuming Richardson remains retired Smile

ETA: Talking about Karlsson

Last edited by wprager on Thu Jan 15, 2009 4:27 pm; edited 1 time in total

64Murray to fast track Karlsson? - Page 5 Empty Re: Murray to fast track Karlsson? Thu Jan 15, 2009 4:26 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:He'll need someone with a little size who is good defensively. Phillips has been great for bringing along youngsters, but in two years' time that job could be Volchenkov's. Assuming Richardson remains retired Smile

Assuming Volchenkov is willing to take 3.5 x 4 like Phillips did, he'll be welcomed with open arms. Any more than that and I'm getting nervous.

65Murray to fast track Karlsson? - Page 5 Empty Re: Murray to fast track Karlsson? Thu Jan 15, 2009 4:27 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

He better not ask for more. Even if he's worth 4M IMO.

66Murray to fast track Karlsson? - Page 5 Empty Re: Murray to fast track Karlsson? Thu Jan 15, 2009 4:29 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I'd be very cautious about $3.5M. I love A-Train, but he's started to get injured a lot. Sure, it's because he blocks shots, but still.

67Murray to fast track Karlsson? - Page 5 Empty Re: Murray to fast track Karlsson? Thu Jan 15, 2009 4:30 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Good, so we're all on the same page. I expected some unhappy campers when I typed 3.5.

68Murray to fast track Karlsson? - Page 5 Empty Re: Murray to fast track Karlsson? Thu Jan 15, 2009 4:48 pm

TeamRenzo wrote:
cash wrote:
Neely4Life wrote:
TeamRenzo wrote:
Neely4Life wrote:
Mojo wrote:
Neely4Life wrote:Also, IMO, he is the best player in the world, not in the NHL right now.

I'm guessing you're just trying to provoke people with this statement...

Give me a better player not in the NHL right now.

Is this a serious question?

I'd probably take Tavares over Karlsson

Its not even close between those 2. Karlsson was actually the best player at the WJC and you can pretty much ask any GM or scout that watched the tournament, and they will agree.
Tavares is massively overhyped and overrated. I'm really not a fan of his. So much so, that if we were in a position to draft him and had every assurance that he was the player the team immediately below us wanted, I would trade the pick. He's no Sidney Crosby; he's no Wayne Gretzky; he's not even Patrick Kane or JVR.

How can you tell that Tavares is massively over hyped, according to my records he has yet to play a game in the NHL. No one ever said he would be the next Gretzky or Crosby, Pierre Maguire compared him to Dale Hawerchuck, not bad at all.

I love the look of Karlsson but to call him the best player not playing in the NHL might be a bit of a stretch
Well thats a hell of a lot more accurate (read: realistic) than the crazy Dung that I've been hearing...
If thats the expectation, then he probably isn't overhyped very much, if at all.

69Murray to fast track Karlsson? - Page 5 Empty Re: Murray to fast track Karlsson? Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:01 pm

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

cash wrote:
Tavares is massively overhyped and overrated. I'm really not a fan of his. So much so, that if we were in a position to draft him and had every assurance that he was the player the team immediately below us wanted, I would trade the pick. He's no Sidney Crosby; he's no Wayne Gretzky; he's not even Patrick Kane or JVR.

What exactly are these two's accomplishments?

70Murray to fast track Karlsson? - Page 5 Empty Re: Murray to fast track Karlsson? Thu Jan 15, 2009 8:10 pm

I'm obviously talking about skill level. If I was talking about accomplishments, then the Crosby and Gretzky comparison would be pointless.

71Murray to fast track Karlsson? - Page 5 Empty Re: Murray to fast track Karlsson? Thu Jan 15, 2009 8:17 pm

504Heater wrote:Good, so we're all on the same page. I expected some unhappy campers when I typed 3.5.
Guaranteed he gets 4M minimum. He's making 3.2M this year.

72Murray to fast track Karlsson? - Page 5 Empty Re: Murray to fast track Karlsson? Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:48 pm

Acrobat

Acrobat
Veteran
Veteran

I can only see 4M if it's a long-term deal (very long term).
The way he plays, a long-term deal is insurance against injury; he may be willing to accept a pay cut for that insurance. Otherwise, he'll want more than $4M - I'd expect $4.5-5M range for 3-5y. (Just look at where he is ranked in terms of shut-down defensemen...top 5 for sure, maybe top 3)

73Murray to fast track Karlsson? - Page 5 Empty Re: Murray to fast track Karlsson? Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:52 pm

What Greg Zanon gets this year should be used as a base for Anton's raise. if Zanon gets 3 million, than Anton gets 4

74Murray to fast track Karlsson? - Page 5 Empty Re: Murray to fast track Karlsson? Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:08 pm

Acrobat

Acrobat
Veteran
Veteran

Don't know enough about Zanon to comment - same style of play?

75Murray to fast track Karlsson? - Page 5 Empty Re: Murray to fast track Karlsson? Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:10 pm

Acrobat wrote:Don't know enough about Zanon to comment - same style of play?
Mostly. he plays for Nashville.

76Murray to fast track Karlsson? - Page 5 Empty Re: Murray to fast track Karlsson? Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:11 pm

Acrobat

Acrobat
Veteran
Veteran

Let's hope he gets even less... :D

77Murray to fast track Karlsson? - Page 5 Empty Re: Murray to fast track Karlsson? Thu Jan 15, 2009 11:12 pm

Who remembers Zanon mocking Hasek in last years Det-Nsh 1st round series? Then the game winner (or tie-er, I can't remember) goes off Zanon into his own net :lol!:

That was karma in action.

78Murray to fast track Karlsson? - Page 5 Empty Re: Murray to fast track Karlsson? Fri Jan 16, 2009 12:00 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

RobbyJ wrote:
504Heater wrote:Good, so we're all on the same page. I expected some unhappy campers when I typed 3.5.
Guaranteed he gets 4M minimum. He's making 3.2M this year.

Huh? He's making $2.5M. Plus you've got to take the shrinking cap into consideration.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 9]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum