GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Murray to fast track Karlsson?

+16
Riprock
Number Twenty Nine
LeCaptain
TeamRenzo
PTFlea
SeawaySensFan
rooneypoo
SensGirl11
asq2
Snuh
Cap'n Clutch
COLLAR UP
Phoenix30
wprager
LethalLehner
Mojo
20 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 9]

31Murray to fast track Karlsson? - Page 3 Empty Re: Murray to fast track Karlsson? Thu Jan 15, 2009 11:29 am

TeamRenzo wrote:
Mojo wrote:
Snuh wrote:Karlsson isn't too small. He'll put on some mass over the summer. But really, if a guy like Tobias Enstrom is getting regular playing time in the NHL, Karlsson is a shoe in.

I think he is still too small, but that doesn't mean he can't play here next year. If he was paired up with Volchenkov, he could do alright.

How much does Karlsson weigh?

He can't be much lighter than players like Campbell, Lee, Briere.

I do beleive he needs to come to NA next year to learn to play the NA game.
Lee is actually 205-210. He's just got the baby face and plays small. He's not as strong on his skates as you would expect a 6'0, 210 pound kid to be.

32Murray to fast track Karlsson? - Page 3 Empty Re: Murray to fast track Karlsson? Thu Jan 15, 2009 11:32 am

rooneypoo wrote:How about we all just wait to see how Karlsson develops, physically, over the off-season before we make any decisions one way or the other.

If he packs on, say, 10-15 pounds -- bringing him to about 175-180 pounds -- through off-season training, working out, etc., maybe he'll get a real shot at playing with the Sens next year. If he stays at 165, then he'll need another year, either of SEL or AHL.

Only time will tell.
The problem with putting on that kind of weight in that kind of time span is that it really throws off your equilibrium. You could see it with guys like Foligno and Lee this season - they lost a step and were more unbalanced than they were as rookies.
It would benefit him long-term, but I'm not sure how good it would be for the first quarter/half of next season.

33Murray to fast track Karlsson? - Page 3 Empty Re: Murray to fast track Karlsson? Thu Jan 15, 2009 11:50 am

LeCaptain

All-Star
All-Star

504Heater wrote:165 pounds.

Wasn't that already his weight when he was drafted?

34Murray to fast track Karlsson? - Page 3 Empty Re: Murray to fast track Karlsson? Thu Jan 15, 2009 12:17 pm

He's on the Subway diet...apparently its huge over there

35Murray to fast track Karlsson? - Page 3 Empty Re: Murray to fast track Karlsson? Thu Jan 15, 2009 12:33 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

marakh wrote:
504Heater wrote:165 pounds.

Wasn't that already his weight when he was drafted?

Actually, probably yeah.

36Murray to fast track Karlsson? - Page 3 Empty Re: Murray to fast track Karlsson? Thu Jan 15, 2009 12:51 pm

Mojo wrote:
Neely4Life wrote:Also, IMO, he is the best player in the world, not in the NHL right now.

I'm guessing you're just trying to provoke people with this statement...

Give me a better player not in the NHL right now.

37Murray to fast track Karlsson? - Page 3 Empty Re: Murray to fast track Karlsson? Thu Jan 15, 2009 1:07 pm

Mojo

Mojo
Rookie
Rookie

Neely4Life wrote:
Mojo wrote:
Neely4Life wrote:Also, IMO, he is the best player in the world, not in the NHL right now.

I was just wondering on what you were basing this opinion.

38Murray to fast track Karlsson? - Page 3 Empty Re: Murray to fast track Karlsson? Thu Jan 15, 2009 1:11 pm

Number Twenty Nine

Number Twenty Nine
Veteran
Veteran

Neely4Life wrote:
Mojo wrote:

Wayne Gretzky...

39Murray to fast track Karlsson? - Page 3 Empty Re: Murray to fast track Karlsson? Thu Jan 15, 2009 1:11 pm

Mojo wrote:
Neely4Life wrote:
Mojo wrote:

Basing it on the fact the Karlsson made Hedman look like a novice when you are comparing the actual skill they both have, mind for the game, and a lot of other assets that Karlsson has. He is better than Hedman by a large margin who may be the number 1 pick overall this year.

Karlsson may very well be the best player in the long run in last years draft, IMO.

Karlsson was the best player in the WJC, no doubt in my mind. If that kid adds any size at all he is going to be a super star.

40Murray to fast track Karlsson? - Page 3 Empty Re: Murray to fast track Karlsson? Thu Jan 15, 2009 1:16 pm

Neely4Life wrote:
Mojo wrote:
Neely4Life wrote:
Mojo wrote:

Basing it on the fact the Karlsson made Hedman look like a novice when you are comparing the actual skill they both have, mind for the game, and a lot of other assets that Karlsson has. He is better than Hedman by a large margin who may be the number 1 pick overall this year.

Karlsson may very well be the best player in the long run in last years draft, IMO.

Karlsson was the best player in the WJC, no doubt in my mind. If that kid adds any size at all he is going to be a super star.
I don't disagree that he's skilled, but overlooking the impact of Hedman's injury and the role he was asked to play just makes you look ignorant. Saying he's better than Hedman by a large margin is oversimplifying the issue.

41Murray to fast track Karlsson? - Page 3 Empty Re: Murray to fast track Karlsson? Thu Jan 15, 2009 1:18 pm

cash wrote:
Neely4Life wrote:
Mojo wrote:
Neely4Life wrote:
Mojo wrote:

I don't disagree that he's skilled, but overlooking the impact of Hedman's injury and the role he was asked to play just makes you look ignorant. Saying he's better than Hedman by a large margin is oversimplifying the issue.

When Hedman wasnt paired with Karlsson he struggled, big time. I saw 4 Sweden games, and even agaisnt Canada when they lost, he was the best player on the ice. He is better than Hedman by a fairly large margin.

42Murray to fast track Karlsson? - Page 3 Empty Re: Murray to fast track Karlsson? Thu Jan 15, 2009 1:20 pm

Mojo

Mojo
Rookie
Rookie

Neely4Life wrote:
Mojo wrote:
Neely4Life wrote:
Mojo wrote:

Don't get me wrong, he was great and I loved knowing that he would be on the Sens' blue line in a year or two. However, there were a few guys on team Canada who are in the same league as him, if not better.

43Murray to fast track Karlsson? - Page 3 Empty Re: Murray to fast track Karlsson? Thu Jan 15, 2009 1:23 pm

Mojo wrote:
Neely4Life wrote:
Mojo wrote:
Neely4Life wrote:
Mojo wrote:

Don't get me wrong, he was great and I loved knowing that he would be on the Sens' blue line in a year or two. However, there were a few guys on team Canada who are in the same league as him, if not better.

Karlsson was voted best D man on the losing team, and for good reason, he was. As good as PK was, Karlsson was that much better.

The skill level the guy has, the composure, the ability to see the game and slow it down is remarkable. Oh, he is also a year younger than 75% of the guys in that tournament.

There is a lot more to just putting up points for a D man, A LOT more, and Karlsson does it all. I was even shocked to see how agressive he was as well. Not a player at the WJC I would take over Karlsson.

44Murray to fast track Karlsson? - Page 3 Empty Re: Murray to fast track Karlsson? Thu Jan 15, 2009 1:34 pm

One thing that really impressed me was his stick work when defending. He's got that Lidstrom-esque ability to stop attacking players without being overly physical.

45Murray to fast track Karlsson? - Page 3 Empty Re: Murray to fast track Karlsson? Thu Jan 15, 2009 1:37 pm

TeamRenzo

Rookie
Rookie

Neely4Life wrote:
Mojo wrote:

Is this a serious question?

I'd probably take Tavares over Karlsson

46Murray to fast track Karlsson? - Page 3 Empty Re: Murray to fast track Karlsson? Thu Jan 15, 2009 1:38 pm

If he had Lidstrom size I would say that he could be one of the best of all times. I dont think people really realize how special that kid is. Its actually off the charts, people talk abot Hedman being a once in a decade prospect, so is Karlsson.

I would take Karlsson over anyone drafted last year, or anyone that will be drafted this year.

47Murray to fast track Karlsson? - Page 3 Empty Re: Murray to fast track Karlsson? Thu Jan 15, 2009 1:39 pm

TeamRenzo wrote:
Neely4Life wrote:
Mojo wrote:

Is this a serious question?

I'd probably take Tavares over Karlsson

Its not even close between those 2. Karlsson was actually the best player at the WJC and you can pretty much ask any GM or scout that watched the tournament, and they will agree.

48Murray to fast track Karlsson? - Page 3 Empty Re: Murray to fast track Karlsson? Thu Jan 15, 2009 1:43 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Tavares got injured last night. Looks like a shoulder. Left the Prospects game in serious discomfort.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 9]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum