GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Murray to fast track Karlsson?

+16
Riprock
Number Twenty Nine
LeCaptain
TeamRenzo
PTFlea
SeawaySensFan
rooneypoo
SensGirl11
asq2
Snuh
Cap'n Clutch
COLLAR UP
Phoenix30
wprager
LethalLehner
Mojo
20 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 9]

16Murray to fast track Karlsson? - Page 2 Empty Re: Murray to fast track Karlsson? Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:29 am

Cap'n Clutch

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I'd just like some consistancy out of the Sens Org in terms of where they see there prospects development. The extra year in Sweden came from a clip they showed at the game discussing Karlsson's development. According to that guy he said Karlsson needs to play with the big boys next season in Sweden then make the transition to NA then maybe callups and NHL after that.

So next season Sweden, Season after that AHL, Season after that NHL.

Sens Staff are saying 2011/12 and Murray is saying quite possibly 09/10.

17Murray to fast track Karlsson? - Page 2 Empty Re: Murray to fast track Karlsson? Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:30 am

asq2

All-Star
All-Star

I'd give him one more year in Sweden.

18Murray to fast track Karlsson? - Page 2 Empty Re: Murray to fast track Karlsson? Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:34 am

SensGirl11

Mod
Mod

I hope Murray doesn't rush Karlsson into being NHL ready. I really wouldn't mind seeing him in Bingo next year though, rather than the Elite League. I want to see him in the next 2 years personally...but I don't think that's the best idea, and dont' think it's going to happen.

It certainly sounds like Murray wants him to be ready today though...so I guess time will tell.

19Murray to fast track Karlsson? - Page 2 Empty Re: Murray to fast track Karlsson? Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:38 am

Karlsson is 100% ready from a tallent and mental standpoint to play in the NHL right now. Physically is the big question. Depending on who they sign and the team makeup next year, I'll base my opinion on that.

20Murray to fast track Karlsson? - Page 2 Empty Re: Murray to fast track Karlsson? Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:39 am

Also, IMO, he is the best player in the world, not in the NHL right now.

21Murray to fast track Karlsson? - Page 2 Empty Re: Murray to fast track Karlsson? Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:51 am

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

How about we all just wait to see how Karlsson develops, physically, over the off-season before we make any decisions one way or the other.

If he packs on, say, 10-15 pounds -- bringing him to about 175-180 pounds -- through off-season training, working out, etc., maybe he'll get a real shot at playing with the Sens next year. If he stays at 165, then he'll need another year, either of SEL or AHL.

Only time will tell.

22Murray to fast track Karlsson? - Page 2 Empty Re: Murray to fast track Karlsson? Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:01 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ideally, he should be another year away from stepping but this franchise is not in an ideal situation and we may have lost an entire season because of weakness on the back end already.

Karlsson is already playing pro hockey so his development is a little more advanced than we would be accustomed to for a player that's just been drafted.

23Murray to fast track Karlsson? - Page 2 Empty Re: Murray to fast track Karlsson? Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:07 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Scared. Let him develop for at least another year.

24Murray to fast track Karlsson? - Page 2 Empty Re: Murray to fast track Karlsson? Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:11 am

Karlsson will be given every opportunity to make the team out of camp next year. I don't think the size issue is really a factor, he will always be on the small and has learned how to play against bigger players his whole career.

25Murray to fast track Karlsson? - Page 2 Empty Re: Murray to fast track Karlsson? Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:12 am

Mojo

Mojo
Rookie
Rookie

Neely4Life wrote:Also, IMO, he is the best player in the world, not in the NHL right now.

I'm guessing you're just trying to provoke people with this statement...

26Murray to fast track Karlsson? - Page 2 Empty Re: Murray to fast track Karlsson? Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:23 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Mojo wrote:

At one point he was ranked 15th in the world by McKeen's, way before he owned the WJC. He's probably top 5, don't know about number one, but up there.

27Murray to fast track Karlsson? - Page 2 Empty Re: Murray to fast track Karlsson? Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:24 am

Mojo wrote:
Neely4Life wrote:Also, IMO, he is the best player in the world, not in the NHL right now.

C'mon now. N4L wouldn't do that man!

28Murray to fast track Karlsson? - Page 2 Empty Re: Murray to fast track Karlsson? Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:32 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

504Heater wrote:
Mojo wrote:

At one point he was ranked 15th in the world by McKeen's, way before he owned the WJC. He's probably top 5, don't know about number one, but up there.

This summer, the editor of McKeen's called Karlsson the biggest steal of the draft.

29Murray to fast track Karlsson? - Page 2 Empty Re: Murray to fast track Karlsson? Thu Jan 15, 2009 11:00 am

TeamRenzo

Rookie
Rookie

Mojo wrote:
Snuh wrote:Karlsson isn't too small. He'll put on some mass over the summer. But really, if a guy like Tobias Enstrom is getting regular playing time in the NHL, Karlsson is a shoe in.

I think he is still too small, but that doesn't mean he can't play here next year. If he was paired up with Volchenkov, he could do alright.

How much does Karlsson weigh?

He can't be much lighter than players like Campbell, Lee, Briere.

I do beleive he needs to come to NA next year to learn to play the NA game.

30Murray to fast track Karlsson? - Page 2 Empty Re: Murray to fast track Karlsson? Thu Jan 15, 2009 11:26 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

165 pounds.

31Murray to fast track Karlsson? - Page 2 Empty Re: Murray to fast track Karlsson? Thu Jan 15, 2009 11:29 am

TeamRenzo wrote:
Mojo wrote:
Snuh wrote:Karlsson isn't too small. He'll put on some mass over the summer. But really, if a guy like Tobias Enstrom is getting regular playing time in the NHL, Karlsson is a shoe in.

I think he is still too small, but that doesn't mean he can't play here next year. If he was paired up with Volchenkov, he could do alright.

How much does Karlsson weigh?

He can't be much lighter than players like Campbell, Lee, Briere.

I do beleive he needs to come to NA next year to learn to play the NA game.
Lee is actually 205-210. He's just got the baby face and plays small. He's not as strong on his skates as you would expect a 6'0, 210 pound kid to be.

32Murray to fast track Karlsson? - Page 2 Empty Re: Murray to fast track Karlsson? Thu Jan 15, 2009 11:32 am

rooneypoo wrote:How about we all just wait to see how Karlsson develops, physically, over the off-season before we make any decisions one way or the other.

If he packs on, say, 10-15 pounds -- bringing him to about 175-180 pounds -- through off-season training, working out, etc., maybe he'll get a real shot at playing with the Sens next year. If he stays at 165, then he'll need another year, either of SEL or AHL.

Only time will tell.
The problem with putting on that kind of weight in that kind of time span is that it really throws off your equilibrium. You could see it with guys like Foligno and Lee this season - they lost a step and were more unbalanced than they were as rookies.
It would benefit him long-term, but I'm not sure how good it would be for the first quarter/half of next season.

33Murray to fast track Karlsson? - Page 2 Empty Re: Murray to fast track Karlsson? Thu Jan 15, 2009 11:50 am

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

504Heater wrote:165 pounds.

Wasn't that already his weight when he was drafted?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 9]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum