GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Murray to fast track Karlsson?

+16
Riprock
Number Twenty Nine
LeCaptain
TeamRenzo
PTFlea
SeawaySensFan
rooneypoo
SensGirl11
asq2
Snuh
Cap'n Clutch
COLLAR UP
Phoenix30
wprager
LethalLehner
Mojo
20 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down  Message [Page 8 of 9]

106Murray to fast track Karlsson? - Page 8 Empty Re: Murray to fast track Karlsson? Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:02 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

N4L wrote:
Like I said before, if he was playing peewee hockey right now, he would be bored. He literally went from a mens pro league to playing agaisnt 16, and 17 year olds... that an enormous drop in tallent level. Great, he wants to learn the NA game, he's gonna have to do it in The AHL.

Where was he before this? The SEL or SEL Jr?

107Murray to fast track Karlsson? - Page 8 Empty Re: Murray to fast track Karlsson? Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:06 pm

SEL

108Murray to fast track Karlsson? - Page 8 Empty Re: Murray to fast track Karlsson? Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:09 pm

I might be wrong there but Im pretty sure he played up in The SEL for a few games...

109Murray to fast track Karlsson? - Page 8 Empty Re: Murray to fast track Karlsson? Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:12 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I couldn't answer that personally.

However, looking up their stats, O'Hagan all of a sudden has an .890 save % and a 3.22, so he must have sharted everywhere when Lehner was gone.

110Murray to fast track Karlsson? - Page 8 Empty Re: Murray to fast track Karlsson? Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:13 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

N4L wrote:I might be wrong there but Im pretty sure he played up in The SEL for a few games...

I found no evidence that he played a single game above J20.

111Murray to fast track Karlsson? - Page 8 Empty Re: Murray to fast track Karlsson? Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:14 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

He played in the highest division of Junior hockey, but I don't know if he ever played in the Sel.

112Murray to fast track Karlsson? - Page 8 Empty Re: Murray to fast track Karlsson? Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:17 pm

SpezDispenser wrote:I couldn't answer that personally.

However, looking up their stats, O'Hagan all of a sudden has an .890 save % and a 3.22, so he must have sharted everywhere when Lehner was gone.

I dont think you appriciate how bad The Soo is.

113Murray to fast track Karlsson? - Page 8 Empty Re: Murray to fast track Karlsson? Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:19 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

N4L wrote:

I dont think you appriciate how bad The Soo is.

Apparently not. I recall O'Hagan and Lehner saving their arses for a while, but now things must have gone south - badly.

114Murray to fast track Karlsson? - Page 8 Empty Re: Murray to fast track Karlsson? Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:39 pm

Devo

Sophomore
Sophomore

marakh wrote:He played in the highest division of Junior hockey, but I don't know if he ever played in the Sel.

Over the last two year he played 15 games at the J18 level (dominating I might add) and then another 20 or so at the J20 level.

I'm not sure if the J20 is the top level in the SEL but as I understand it, it's the SuperElite.

Also my game numbers might be off by a bit.

Devo

115Murray to fast track Karlsson? - Page 8 Empty Re: Murray to fast track Karlsson? Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:42 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Devo wrote:
marakh wrote:He played in the highest division of Junior hockey, but I don't know if he ever played in the Sel.

Over the last two year he played 15 games at the J18 level (dominating I might add) and then another 20 or so at the J20 level.

I'm not sure if the J20 is the top level in the SEL but as I understand it, it's the SuperElite.

Devo

Thanks for the info there. Still my favourite of all of our prospects. Can't teach that size, determination, or ridiculous agility.

116Murray to fast track Karlsson? - Page 8 Empty Re: Murray to fast track Karlsson? Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:42 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Devo wrote:

Devo

It's the top "junior" level in Sweden.
SWE is the top "pro" league.

117Murray to fast track Karlsson? - Page 8 Empty Re: Murray to fast track Karlsson? Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:43 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Man he looked small. 2 years later he sure looks a lot bigger and stronger.

I also noticed that Murray said Spezza's NTC kicks in in 2009...

118Murray to fast track Karlsson? - Page 8 Empty Re: Murray to fast track Karlsson? Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:23 pm

Yeah but Rooney explained it at some point and it definitely seems like it kicks in after this year. Murray might have just said that because he knew 95% of people would believe him and another 4 % wouldn't be able to figure it out via the CBA...I assume he just wanted the whole rumour biz to die..

119Murray to fast track Karlsson? - Page 8 Empty Re: Murray to fast track Karlsson? Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:47 pm

Here's TSN's Deadline playbook for the East, no Spezza under active NTC's:
http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=307639

120Murray to fast track Karlsson? - Page 8 Empty Re: Murray to fast track Karlsson? Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:55 pm

Might have something to do with him not having a NTC yet.

121Murray to fast track Karlsson? - Page 8 Empty Re: Murray to fast track Karlsson? Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:56 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

N4L wrote:Might have something to do with him not having a NTC yet.

Intriguing. Murray to fast track Karlsson? - Page 8 484884

122Murray to fast track Karlsson? - Page 8 Empty Re: Murray to fast track Karlsson? Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:21 pm

N4L wrote:Might have something to do with him not having a NTC yet.

Murray must have been misquoted Murray to fast track Karlsson? - Page 8 159628

123Murray to fast track Karlsson? - Page 8 Empty Re: Murray to fast track Karlsson? Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:23 pm

Tuk Tuk

Tuk Tuk
Veteran
Veteran

Lehner hasnt looked great the last couple of games, same with O'Hagan. The forwards are playing hard and producing, but the defense is collapsing nightly, leaving either goalie out to dry. Lehner's rebound control is terrible.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 8 of 9]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum