GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Murray to fast track Karlsson?

+16
Riprock
Number Twenty Nine
LeCaptain
TeamRenzo
PTFlea
SeawaySensFan
rooneypoo
SensGirl11
asq2
Snuh
Cap'n Clutch
COLLAR UP
Phoenix30
wprager
LethalLehner
Mojo
20 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down  Message [Page 7 of 9]

91Murray to fast track Karlsson? - Page 7 Empty Re: Murray to fast track Karlsson? Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:23 am

SpezDispenser wrote:
asq2 wrote:
Murray to fast track Karlsson? - Page 7 270956 Well, I had no idea his defensive game would translate this quickly. Murray to fast track Karlsson? - Page 7 Icon_razz

I think I b****ed sufficiently when he got sent down to the AHL to make up for it.

Although, that's looking like a pretty good move as well. Murray to fast track Karlsson? - Page 7 805406

Murray to fast track Karlsson? - Page 7 235689 That's pretty funny. We need to dig up some of these old things. I was NOT pleased with the idea of Leclaire, I remember that.

At least we didn't give up too too much for him. And the real key to that deal right now is Lehner. Lehner for Vermette right now almost looks even. Assuming he fast-tracks too he might be our goalie in two years...

92Murray to fast track Karlsson? - Page 7 Empty Re: Murray to fast track Karlsson? Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:49 am

That Leclaire deal is still a good one. Vermette was a spare part and Regin looks like he is going to be the better player anyways, so what did Ottawa give up? It was a calculated risk (still hasnt paid off) and the right move at the time, it still might be.

Right now The Sens have min 2 goalies pushing each other for time in Elliott and Lecliare, if you through Brodure into the mix you have 3. Injuries or not that is a good situation. Leclaire is a bandaid, clearly but if he gets on a roll he is one of the best in the game, if he doesnt, Elliott has the tallent to get the job done as well. You through Lehner into all this and it's an amazing deal.

If The Sens get into the playoffs (which it looks like they will with the way this team has come together despite my past reservations) and Leclaire gets the job done in the playoffs, or even Elliott does, that trade last year will look fantastic because right now The BJ's probably wish they had Leclaire over Mason, he's been the worst goaltender in The NHL.

93Murray to fast track Karlsson? - Page 7 Empty Re: Murray to fast track Karlsson? Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:54 am

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

N4L wrote:That Leclaire deal is still a good one. Vermette was a spare part and Regin looks like he is going to be the better player anyways, so what did Ottawa give up? It was a calculated risk (still hasnt paid off) and the right move at the time, it still might be.

Right now The Sens have min 2 goalies pushing each other for time in Elliott and Lecliare, if you through Brodure into the mix you have 3. Injuries or not that is a good situation. Leclaire is a bandaid, clearly but if he gets on a roll he is one of the best in the game, if he doesnt, Elliott has the tallent to get the job done as well. You through Lehner into all this and it's an amazing deal.

If The Sens get into the playoffs (which it looks like they will with the way this team has come together despite my past reservations) and Leclaire gets the job done in the playoffs, or even Elliott does, that trade last year will look fantastic because right now The BJ's probably wish they had Leclaire over Mason, he's been the worst goaltender in The NHL.

It's aliiiiiiiiive! Murray to fast track Karlsson? - Page 7 235689 Murray to fast track Karlsson? - Page 7 805406

Welcome back. Smile

94Murray to fast track Karlsson? - Page 7 Empty Re: Murray to fast track Karlsson? Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:58 am

Hahaha, thanks.

95Murray to fast track Karlsson? - Page 7 Empty Re: Murray to fast track Karlsson? Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:59 am

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

N4L wrote:That Leclaire deal is still a good one. Vermette was a spare part and Regin looks like he is going to be the better player anyways, so what did Ottawa give up? It was a calculated risk (still hasnt paid off) and the right move at the time, it still might be.

The only real issue with Leclaire this year is injury which has prevented him from playing consistently and has created a whirling dervish rotation of goaltenders in the crease.

Apart from that I wouldn't say he's been a problem in nets. Both goaltenders have had the lion's share of bad games, but I think it's just a matter of playing consistently and being healthy which is finally the case for Elliott and the results speak for themselves:

His past four games: 4-0-0 / 0.956 sv% / 1.25 gaa

96Murray to fast track Karlsson? - Page 7 Empty Re: Murray to fast track Karlsson? Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:12 am

I agree, but still, if you are not Brodure, Lundqvist, or Luongo, goalies need to be pushed. Compitition breeds success.

97Murray to fast track Karlsson? - Page 7 Empty Re: Murray to fast track Karlsson? Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:01 am

N4L wrote:I agree, but still, if you are not Brodure, Lundqvist, or Luongo, goalies need to be pushed. Compitition breeds success.

Agreed. Sucks to be a guy like Schneider behind Luongo.

PS: Welcome back.

98Murray to fast track Karlsson? - Page 7 Empty Re: Murray to fast track Karlsson? Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:24 am

Meh, I think Schneider sucks anyways. Dont see anythign that really puts him above guys like Elliott, Neimi, Halak, and all those around his age that have played their fair share in The AHL and are basically better goaltenders.

PS Thanks.

99Murray to fast track Karlsson? - Page 7 Empty Re: Murray to fast track Karlsson? Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:52 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Kovalfie wrote:At least we didn't give up too too much for him. And the real key to that deal right now is Lehner. Lehner for Vermette right now almost looks even. Assuming he fast-tracks too he might be our goalie in two years...

I agree, that's the key to the deal, but I think Lehner's had a rough time since coming back from the WJC, so he might need a little longer than we first thought.

100Murray to fast track Karlsson? - Page 7 Empty Re: Murray to fast track Karlsson? Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:23 am

SpezDispenser wrote:
Kovalfie wrote:At least we didn't give up too too much for him. And the real key to that deal right now is Lehner. Lehner for Vermette right now almost looks even. Assuming he fast-tracks too he might be our goalie in two years...

I agree, that's the key to the deal, but I think Lehner's had a rough time since coming back from the WJC, so he might need a little longer than we first thought.

You think? He's been through a roller-coaster of a season having had Swine and whatever else he had. His numbers aren't bad also considering he's on one of the worst teams in the OHL...

101Murray to fast track Karlsson? - Page 7 Empty Re: Murray to fast track Karlsson? Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:29 am

Lehner is fine, he was jerked around by Sweden, he's probably getting tired of his OHL team (they are awful), he's probably bored with the compition at this point. AHL is that boys next step, The OHL is not a challenge for him.

102Murray to fast track Karlsson? - Page 7 Empty Re: Murray to fast track Karlsson? Tue Jan 26, 2010 12:31 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Hey, welcome back dude. I've heard some H1N1 rumours (was it) in here, but it looks like it's gone.

Speaking about goaltending, I've watched a few Gatineau Olympiques games this season, and I don't know where he's going to be drafted but their goaltender looks really solid, playing on an average team (they're not good this year).

103Murray to fast track Karlsson? - Page 7 Empty Re: Murray to fast track Karlsson? Tue Jan 26, 2010 12:47 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Kovalfie wrote:
You think? He's been through a roller-coaster of a season having had Swine and whatever else he had. His numbers aren't bad also considering he's on one of the worst teams in the OHL...

I think it's a possibility, yeah. He was over the Swine and went to the WJC, then he came back and struggled apparently. I'm not sure what the reason is, but it could be that he still needs conditioning and stamina to be a full time starter in any league. Not that his pedigree has been tainted or anything, just need to keep a good eye on him.

We'll see if he bounces back and posts some stellar numbers in the next month and a half or so.

104Murray to fast track Karlsson? - Page 7 Empty Re: Murray to fast track Karlsson? Tue Jan 26, 2010 12:48 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

N4L wrote:Lehner is fine, he was jerked around by Sweden, he's probably getting tired of his OHL team (they are awful), he's probably bored with the compition at this point. AHL is that boys next step, The OHL is not a challenge for him.

I hope you're right, but I never liked the argument that guys get bored with the competition. If that's the case he should be at .950 and 1.10 and dominating every facet of every game.

105Murray to fast track Karlsson? - Page 7 Empty Re: Murray to fast track Karlsson? Tue Jan 26, 2010 12:59 pm

SpezDispenser wrote:
N4L wrote:Lehner is fine, he was jerked around by Sweden, he's probably getting tired of his OHL team (they are awful), he's probably bored with the compition at this point. AHL is that boys next step, The OHL is not a challenge for him.

I hope you're right, but I never liked the argument that guys get bored with the competition. If that's the case he should be at .950 and 1.10 and dominating every facet of every game.

Like I said before, if he was playing peewee hockey right now, he would be bored. He literally went from a mens pro league to playing agaisnt 16, and 17 year olds... that an enormous drop in tallent level. Great, he wants to learn the NA game, he's gonna have to do it in The AHL.

106Murray to fast track Karlsson? - Page 7 Empty Re: Murray to fast track Karlsson? Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:02 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

N4L wrote:
Like I said before, if he was playing peewee hockey right now, he would be bored. He literally went from a mens pro league to playing agaisnt 16, and 17 year olds... that an enormous drop in tallent level. Great, he wants to learn the NA game, he's gonna have to do it in The AHL.

Where was he before this? The SEL or SEL Jr?

107Murray to fast track Karlsson? - Page 7 Empty Re: Murray to fast track Karlsson? Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:06 pm

SEL

108Murray to fast track Karlsson? - Page 7 Empty Re: Murray to fast track Karlsson? Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:09 pm

I might be wrong there but Im pretty sure he played up in The SEL for a few games...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 7 of 9]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum