GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Who will get the C in Ottawa?

+12
dennycrane
spader
tim1_2
SeawaySensFan
wprager
LeCaptain
Flo The Action
NEELY
rooneypoo
Cap'n Clutch
Ev
PTFlea
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Who will get the C in Ottawa?

Who will get the C in Ottawa? - Page 7 Vote_lcap238%Who will get the C in Ottawa? - Page 7 Vote_rcap2 38% [ 6 ]
Who will get the C in Ottawa? - Page 7 Vote_lcap250%Who will get the C in Ottawa? - Page 7 Vote_rcap2 50% [ 8 ]
Who will get the C in Ottawa? - Page 7 Vote_lcap26%Who will get the C in Ottawa? - Page 7 Vote_rcap2 6% [ 1 ]
Who will get the C in Ottawa? - Page 7 Vote_lcap26%Who will get the C in Ottawa? - Page 7 Vote_rcap2 6% [ 1 ]
Who will get the C in Ottawa? - Page 7 Vote_lcap20%Who will get the C in Ottawa? - Page 7 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 16

Go down  Message [Page 7 of 10]

91Who will get the C in Ottawa? - Page 7 Empty Re: Who will get the C in Ottawa? Tue Aug 26, 2014 8:51 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Murray went to bat for Spezza until the day he was traded, I am not sure if he truly believed in the guy or just didn't want to admit he was wrong but towards the end I don't believe he wanted Spezza around anymore than Spezza wanted to be around.

92Who will get the C in Ottawa? - Page 7 Empty Re: Who will get the C in Ottawa? Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:45 am

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I'm not sure why Murray said that. There's almost no scenario where the Sens could offer him a 5-7 year contract at 7 million plus per. It doesn't make sense at all. If it was true, I bet Murray offered him a contract at 5.5 a year or less.

93Who will get the C in Ottawa? - Page 7 Empty Re: Who will get the C in Ottawa? Tue Sep 09, 2014 7:04 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:I'm not sure why Murray said that.  There's almost no scenario where the Sens could offer him a 5-7 year contract at 7 million plus per.  It doesn't make sense at all.  If it was true, I bet Murray offered him a contract at 5.5 a year or less.  

3 prospects (one NHL ready) and a 2nd rd pick in a deep draft. Spezza hasn't signed an extension. I think we won this trade hands down.

Stone and Chiasson are big x-factors on where this team stands at the end of the season. And let's hope Paul makes the WJHC and shows he's a legitimate prospect.

94Who will get the C in Ottawa? - Page 7 Empty Re: Who will get the C in Ottawa? Tue Sep 09, 2014 7:32 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Weren't they talking extension already in Dallas?

95Who will get the C in Ottawa? - Page 7 Empty Re: Who will get the C in Ottawa? Tue Sep 09, 2014 7:47 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

shabbs wrote:Weren't they talking extension already in Dallas?

BFR is talking extension in Ottawa too. Doesn't mean it's going to happen

96Who will get the C in Ottawa? - Page 7 Empty Re: Who will get the C in Ottawa? Tue Sep 09, 2014 8:17 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:

BFR is talking extension in Ottawa too. Doesn't mean it's going to happen

Facepalm

97Who will get the C in Ottawa? - Page 7 Empty Re: Who will get the C in Ottawa? Tue Sep 09, 2014 10:02 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Really?

98Who will get the C in Ottawa? - Page 7 Empty Re: Who will get the C in Ottawa? Wed Sep 10, 2014 12:46 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SpezDispenser wrote:

Really?

No one's talking about any extension before he's suited up for a game. Ridiculous to even suggest it.

99Who will get the C in Ottawa? - Page 7 Empty Re: Who will get the C in Ottawa? Thu Oct 02, 2014 10:56 am

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

LeKing wrote:Karlsson all the way. Philips is fine but enough with transitioning captains. The young core is shaping up for the long term and so should the leadership.

Cheers also for those who agreed

100Who will get the C in Ottawa? - Page 7 Empty Re: Who will get the C in Ottawa? Thu Oct 02, 2014 11:15 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Seems like all the people that were not worried about the budget had this nailed too...

101Who will get the C in Ottawa? - Page 7 Empty Re: Who will get the C in Ottawa? Thu Oct 02, 2014 11:18 am

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

NEELY wrote:Seems like all the people that were not worried about the budget had this nailed too...

Love the tag line, sir. Smile

I was split on this for while, but I believe I ended up with 'f*ck, it's the young players' team now, let Karlsson run with it.'

102Who will get the C in Ottawa? - Page 7 Empty Re: Who will get the C in Ottawa? Thu Oct 02, 2014 11:20 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

There were merits to both Phillips and Karlsson but at the end of the day it is Karlsson's team, that's it. Who do you want in the photo ops? Who do you want on the ice 30 mins a night? Who do you want relating to the younger players the team is made up of? Easy calls.

103Who will get the C in Ottawa? - Page 7 Empty Re: Who will get the C in Ottawa? Thu Oct 02, 2014 11:22 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

rooneypoo wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:I would hope they learned their lesson with Spezza and give the C to someone who deserves it rather than give the C to someone and hope they transform into a solid leader and Captain after the C is stitched onto their jersey.  I'll say Phillips.  It makes the most sense.  Phillips with the C for 2 seasons and at that point they have more options and they have the chance to see who deserves it by then.

Phillips was always the guy who made sense after Alfie. Like *ahem* I said 4~ years ago. Smile

Nailed it.

104Who will get the C in Ottawa? - Page 7 Empty Re: Who will get the C in Ottawa? Thu Oct 02, 2014 11:24 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SpezDispenser wrote:We're getting close to that time.  Call your shot!

I'll change my original opinion (Phillips) and say Karlsson.

Cheers

105Who will get the C in Ottawa? - Page 7 Empty Re: Who will get the C in Ottawa? Thu Oct 02, 2014 1:00 pm

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

rooneypoo wrote:
shabbs wrote:I fully expect BigRig to have the "C" with Neil and Karlsson sporting the "A" next season.

Phillips was the logical choice last time around. It made sense then, and it makes sense now. I'm starting to think it won't matter too much who gets it, because everyone knows this is Karlsson's/Turris's/Mac's (and hopefully Ryan's) team anyway.

You saw this one after it, right, TimMAY?

106Who will get the C in Ottawa? - Page 7 Empty Re: Who will get the C in Ottawa? Thu Oct 02, 2014 1:08 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

rooneypoo wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:This is tricky business, this dealing with a leadership & team in a veteran-to-youth transitional stage, as we're seeing in SJ.

Phillips and Neil have been good soldiers and are good leaders, but they are not the future (or even the present, really) of this team. If you could erase/forget everything else and just focus on the play on the ice last year, you'd probably have to divvy up the 2 As and C between Karlsson, Turris, and MacArthur. But that's a tough move to make. But if you give it to Phillips, it sends a weird message about no culture change ('more of the same') and doesn't acknowledge the clear movement toward youth ('more of the old guard'). And it also looks like he's just a placeholder.

Lots of potential for hurt feelings here. The optics of what SJ is doing right now are bad, largely because it sounds like they didn't talk to Thornton or Marleau about this, but it also is a powerful statement about breaking with the past and seeing who steps up to lead.

It will take some savvy management of people, feelings, expectations, etc., to hit the right note with all this, inside the dressing room and with the larger public.

Doesn't this contradict the give it to Philips coment you just made?

I should have prefaced that last post with a 'you know what, I've changed my mind on this.' I have. Phillips, done.

And this seemed to be your final answer on the subject. Did you see this one, Dr. Poo?

107Who will get the C in Ottawa? - Page 7 Empty Re: Who will get the C in Ottawa? Thu Oct 02, 2014 1:36 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

The important thing is the right people got letters. Honestly, to have as many legitimate candidates for the "C" is nothing but encouraging. One guy who wasn't even in the discussion for obvious reasons was Legwand. Captain material if not for the fact that he'll just be passing through instead of being here for years. Lots of leadership top to bottom.

108Who will get the C in Ottawa? - Page 7 Empty Re: Who will get the C in Ottawa? Thu Oct 02, 2014 1:40 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I can't help feel like the next purge is the final one where Neil and Phillips play it out and pass the letters to Turris and BFR or whoever.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 7 of 10]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum