GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Who will get the C in Ottawa?

+12
dennycrane
spader
tim1_2
SeawaySensFan
wprager
LeCaptain
Flo The Action
NEELY
rooneypoo
Cap'n Clutch
Ev
PTFlea
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Who will get the C in Ottawa?

Who will get the C in Ottawa? - Page 4 Vote_lcap238%Who will get the C in Ottawa? - Page 4 Vote_rcap2 38% [ 6 ]
Who will get the C in Ottawa? - Page 4 Vote_lcap250%Who will get the C in Ottawa? - Page 4 Vote_rcap2 50% [ 8 ]
Who will get the C in Ottawa? - Page 4 Vote_lcap26%Who will get the C in Ottawa? - Page 4 Vote_rcap2 6% [ 1 ]
Who will get the C in Ottawa? - Page 4 Vote_lcap26%Who will get the C in Ottawa? - Page 4 Vote_rcap2 6% [ 1 ]
Who will get the C in Ottawa? - Page 4 Vote_lcap20%Who will get the C in Ottawa? - Page 4 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 16

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 10]

46Who will get the C in Ottawa? - Page 4 Empty Re: Who will get the C in Ottawa? Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:18 am

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:BUDGET Mystery trade? Sunday Swirlings, shabber? DA Rickey on the bump. Source? Sausage gravy? BUDGET Statspadzza more to come BUDGET

That's a refreshingly well thought out post SSF.  I can agree with this - although again, Phillips is a placeholder and you might as well make the change to the youth leadership core.

Still, it makes sense either way.  If they go with Phillips, no one would blink.

Really? Thanks!

47Who will get the C in Ottawa? - Page 4 Empty Re: Who will get the C in Ottawa? Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:23 am

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SeawaySensFan wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:BUDGET Mystery trade? Sunday Swirlings, shabber? DA Rickey on the bump. Source? Sausage gravy? BUDGET Statspadzza more to come BUDGET

That's a refreshingly well thought out post SSF.  I can agree with this - although again, Phillips is a placeholder and you might as well make the change to the youth leadership core.

Still, it makes sense either way.  If they go with Phillips, no one would blink.

Really? Thanks!

as usual old friend

48Who will get the C in Ottawa? - Page 4 Empty Re: Who will get the C in Ottawa? Fri Aug 22, 2014 12:03 am

Cap'n Clutch

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:Phillips isn't part of the past yet. He's still part of the present with a fresh extension to confirm this.

Ideally, The Alfie would have been Captain and Karlsson would have been undeniably ready by the time he vacated the C. The Alfie's departure is what caused this captaincy dilemma and now things won't be so smooth.

Phillips has earned the right to wear the C even if it's only for one year and Karlsson has a lot more to learn about being a leader an extra year or two won't hurt. The youth movement can use some experienced leadership anyway.

Bang on.

49Who will get the C in Ottawa? - Page 4 Empty Re: Who will get the C in Ottawa? Fri Aug 22, 2014 7:50 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Brennan wants Methot lol

50Who will get the C in Ottawa? - Page 4 Empty Re: Who will get the C in Ottawa? Fri Aug 22, 2014 8:00 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Of course he does.

51Who will get the C in Ottawa? - Page 4 Empty Re: Who will get the C in Ottawa? Fri Aug 22, 2014 8:03 am

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

Ev wrote:Brennan wants Methot lol

Sexually?

52Who will get the C in Ottawa? - Page 4 Empty Re: Who will get the C in Ottawa? Fri Aug 22, 2014 8:59 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

rooneypoo wrote:

Sexually?

Probably, he is a beast

53Who will get the C in Ottawa? - Page 4 Empty Re: Who will get the C in Ottawa? Fri Aug 22, 2014 9:12 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Ev wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:

Sexually?

Probably, he is a beast

You know about his package.

54Who will get the C in Ottawa? - Page 4 Empty Re: Who will get the C in Ottawa? Fri Aug 22, 2014 4:33 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

A little late as I am just back from vacation....but...did someone say...sausage gravy?

Who will get the C in Ottawa? - Page 4 Sausage_gravy_biscuit

55Who will get the C in Ottawa? - Page 4 Empty Re: Who will get the C in Ottawa? Fri Aug 22, 2014 4:36 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

That said, I think Phillips WILL get the C, but I wouldn't mind seeing Turris or MacArthur get it.  Preferably Turris.  I think that kid has leadership pouring out his Donkey.

56Who will get the C in Ottawa? - Page 4 Empty Re: Who will get the C in Ottawa? Fri Aug 22, 2014 7:38 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:That said, I think Phillips WILL get the C, but I wouldn't mind seeing Turris or MacArthur get it.  Preferably Turris.  I think that kid has leadership pouring out his Donkey.

How's that avatar working out for you?

57Who will get the C in Ottawa? - Page 4 Empty Re: Who will get the C in Ottawa? Sat Aug 23, 2014 12:14 am

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

tim1_2 wrote:That said, I think Phillips WILL get the C, but I wouldn't mind seeing Turris or MacArthur get it.  Preferably Turris.  I think that kid has leadership pouring out his Donkey.

I think Karlsson will get it, but I also really like Turris for the C.

58Who will get the C in Ottawa? - Page 4 Empty Re: Who will get the C in Ottawa? Sat Aug 23, 2014 11:09 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I think there's zero chance Turris or Methot or MacArthur would get the C. It'll be a homegrown player.

59Who will get the C in Ottawa? - Page 4 Empty Re: Who will get the C in Ottawa? Sat Aug 23, 2014 12:47 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:

Look DEEP into my eyes....

60Who will get the C in Ottawa? - Page 4 Empty Re: Who will get the C in Ottawa? Sat Aug 23, 2014 1:26 pm

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran

Phillips

61Who will get the C in Ottawa? - Page 4 Empty Re: Who will get the C in Ottawa? Sat Aug 23, 2014 2:49 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:
wprager wrote:

Look DEEP into my eyes....

Every time I look at that picture I imagine him thinking, "I've made a huge mistake."

62Who will get the C in Ottawa? - Page 4 Empty Re: Who will get the C in Ottawa? Mon Aug 25, 2014 12:19 am

Fulcrum

Fulcrum
Rookie
Rookie

I think it's too early for Karlsson....you can cause damage doing things too soon...

I like MacArthurs character a lot....but as mentioned earlier...not 'homegrown' weighs against him...but the new deal does entrench him in senators colours...

I like Turris for an A....but we need vets with letters too....

Phillips should be the backbone of the letters....but not necessarily the C....I think having him help guys learn to wear that responsibility

I like the idea of rolling with rotating letters like Montreal did to see who emerges....kind of like a try-out.

I still think MacArthur emerges from it....until he turns it over to Karlsson when he starts leading by example in the future....he isn't doing that yet IMO.

63Who will get the C in Ottawa? - Page 4 Empty Re: Who will get the C in Ottawa? Mon Aug 25, 2014 7:18 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

MacArthur getting the c then giving it to karlsson doesn't make any sense lol. If MacArthur really got the c I think it would be a big mistake. Role player who has never been on a team longer than a couple years.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 10]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum