GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Malik to Ottawa?

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Malik to Ottawa? Empty Malik to Ottawa? Wed Aug 27, 2008 5:13 pm

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

Our friends at HockeyBums have speculated that Ottawa is close to signing Malik for two years, 2 million per.
They are also suggesting that Ottawa might invite Glen Murray to a tryout with the team to decide if he is worth being signed.

Also, on separate notes, they are speculating that Sundin has decided to either retire or return to Toronto for another year.

They are speculating, like Ek, that Schneider is on route to Montreal for Latendresse and a mid-round draft pick.

2Malik to Ottawa? Empty Re: Malik to Ottawa? Wed Aug 27, 2008 5:15 pm

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

I just saw that and posted the same thing. I cannot find any verification to this whatsoever.

3Malik to Ottawa? Empty Re: Malik to Ottawa? Wed Aug 27, 2008 5:23 pm

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

PKC wrote:Our friends at HockeyBums have speculated that Ottawa is close to signing Malik for two years, 2 million per.
They are also suggesting that Ottawa might invite Glen Murray to a tryout with the team to decide if he is worth being signed.

Also, on separate notes, they are speculating that Sundin has decided to either retire or return to Toronto for another year.

They are speculating, like Ek, that Schneider is on route to Montreal for Latendresse and a mid-round draft pick.

Wow, the Murray invite I like... but a Malik signing? That would be mystifying. We'd have a mean-@ss D, granted, but it might take us a while to get out of our own end...

4Malik to Ottawa? Empty Re: Malik to Ottawa? Wed Aug 27, 2008 5:25 pm

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

We would have the best shut down d in the league.

5Malik to Ottawa? Empty Re: Malik to Ottawa? Wed Aug 27, 2008 5:52 pm

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

PKC wrote:Our friends at HockeyBums have speculated that Ottawa is close to signing Malik for two years, 2 million per.

I've already found a source shooting down one of the 4 rumours listed over at HockeyBums:

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?post_id=16572

Senschirp reported a few days ago that Murray was actually out of town and not working for the next few days --

http://senschirp.blogspot.com/2008/08/quick-update_22.html

-- so I have my doubts as to whether the Sens are doing any wheeling and dealing at the moment. You never know, tho', I guess.

6Malik to Ottawa? Empty Re: Malik to Ottawa? Wed Aug 27, 2008 6:03 pm

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

rooneypoo wrote:

I've already found a source shooting down one of the 4 rumours listed over at HockeyBums:

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?post_id=16572

Senschirp reported a few days ago that Murray was actually out of town and not working for the next few days --

http://senschirp.blogspot.com/2008/08/quick-update_22.html

-- so I have my doubts as to whether the Sens are doing any wheeling and dealing at the moment. You never know, tho', I guess.
I was actually the one to let SC know that Murray was out of town ( 8) ), but out of town is Shawville. Out of town does not mean he's not working, that's a guarantee.

HBums is fast becoming a joke.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum