GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Smolinski or Malik...

+5
jamvan
PKC
SensGirl11
b33f
Cronie
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Smolinski or Malik... Empty Smolinski or Malik... Tue Aug 26, 2008 1:02 pm

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Well, it's no secret that the white noise coming from Sensland is continuously deafening, and it's chorus shows no sign of dissipating, at least for now.

It appears that a certain website is listing Smolinski or Malik as possible acquisitions by the Senators... Personally, I don't see it happening, but that's just me. What are your thoughts?

2Smolinski or Malik... Empty Re: Smolinski or Malik... Tue Aug 26, 2008 1:18 pm

b33f

b33f
Prospect
Prospect

Smoke: That ship has sailed... loved him when he was here though. I was screaming at the TV when him and Recchi danced

Malik: We had enough drama last year

3Smolinski or Malik... Empty Re: Smolinski or Malik... Tue Aug 26, 2008 1:27 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

I just posted a reply here, and now I can't see it...

4Smolinski or Malik... Empty Re: Smolinski or Malik... Tue Aug 26, 2008 1:29 pm

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

I'll pass on both of them. Our bottom 6 is already overflowing with players. And, well, Malik, let's just not go there.

5Smolinski or Malik... Empty Re: Smolinski or Malik... Tue Aug 26, 2008 1:30 pm

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

Cronenbergfan wrote:Well, it's no secret that the white noise coming from Sensland is continuously deafening, and it's chorus shows no sign of dissipating, at least for now.

It appears that a certain website is listing Smolinski or Malik as possible acquisitions by the Senators... Personally, I don't see it happening, but that's just me. What are your thoughts?
I'd take a shot on Malik for the right price, he played well last season and the Rangers actually wanted to keep him, but just didn't have the room.

No to Smoke though.

6Smolinski or Malik... Empty Re: Smolinski or Malik... Tue Aug 26, 2008 1:43 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

Okay, I'll try this again.

Smoke - loved him when he was here, missed him when he left...no room for him anymore with all our young guys coming up.

Malik - already have enough D guys that don't score...no need for more. Puck mover please!

7Smolinski or Malik... Empty Re: Smolinski or Malik... Tue Aug 26, 2008 2:34 pm

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

SensGirl11 wrote:Okay, I'll try this again.

Smoke - loved him when he was here, missed him when he left...no room for him anymore with all our young guys coming up.

Malik - already have enough D guys that don't score...no need for more. Puck mover please!
Malik is a defensive dynamo though and would just add to what could be the best shut down d in the league. Have you seen the +/- over the years on this guy? He's + 136 for his career and can put up a few numbers.

Think about this:
Phillips-Volchenkov
Smith-Meszaros
Malik-Lee
Nycholat

8Smolinski or Malik... Empty Re: Smolinski or Malik... Tue Aug 26, 2008 3:12 pm

Phoenix30

Phoenix30
Veteran
Veteran

I am curious as to why some people say no to Malik. He maybe defensive Dman but hey look at his size 6'6 240. I think that would be a good 3rd pairing. It does cause a log jam of d-man so maybe Murray has something in the fire to move another like Schubert for that OFD or keep Schubert at the wing and move another player for the OFD. If Malik comes cheap I would entertain trying him out on a 1 year to see how he does.

9Smolinski or Malik... Empty Re: Smolinski or Malik... Tue Aug 26, 2008 3:15 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

This website is making me crazy now...none of my replies are going up! :x

10Smolinski or Malik... Empty Re: Smolinski or Malik... Tue Aug 26, 2008 3:40 pm

b33f

b33f
Prospect
Prospect

jamvan wrote:

Malik is a defensive dynamo though and would just add to what could be the best shut down d in the league. Have you seen the +/- over the years on this guy? He's + 136 for his career and can put up a few numbers.

Think about this:
Phillips-Volchenkov
Smith-Meszaros
Malik-Lee
Nycholat

But he's known to make some really risky / silly choices with the puck.

11Smolinski or Malik... Empty Re: Smolinski or Malik... Tue Aug 26, 2008 9:55 pm

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

jamvan wrote:

Think about this:
Phillips-Volchenkov
Smith-Meszaros
Malik-Lee
Nycholat

I see a defensive unit that is going to be especially solid in its own end, but provide almost zero on the offensive side of the puck.

12Smolinski or Malik... Empty Re: Smolinski or Malik... Wed Aug 27, 2008 8:45 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

PKC wrote:
jamvan wrote:

Think about this:
Phillips-Volchenkov
Smith-Meszaros
Malik-Lee
Nycholat

I see a defensive unit that is going to be especially solid in its own end, but provide almost zero on the offensive side of the puck.

Agreed. We have Schubert, Nycholat, Bell and Lee all fighting for 2 spots on the bottom pair, adding Malik to the mix doesn't make sense to me.

- Unknown Author

13Smolinski or Malik... Empty Re: Smolinski or Malik... Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:26 am

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

Cap'n' Clutch wrote:
PKC wrote:

Agreed. We have Schubert, Nycholat, Bell and Lee all fighting for 2 spots on the bottom pair, adding Malik to the mix doesn't make sense to me.

Doubly agreed here. Malik's OK, but we've already got our defensive-Dmen ready. That 6th spot needs to go to someone who can move the puck and help create a little offense. I think it's going to come down to Nycholat and Schubert in all probability. Nycholat just might have the inside track here because of what he can bring to the table offensively. I mean, 49 points in 77 games in the AHL is nothing to sneeze at. I'm sure that won't translate 1-for-1 in the NHL, but if he can put up 30 point for us in that 6th spot without being any worse defensively than Corvo back there, then why not go with him?

If Schubert moves to the wing, however, that means another forward will get squeezed out...

14Smolinski or Malik... Empty Re: Smolinski or Malik... Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:36 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I think it's going to be Nycholat as well. I do think that if Schubert could put it together and be our 6th D and bring some offense that he'd be the better option just due to his nastiness and his size.

- Unknown Author

15Smolinski or Malik... Empty Re: Smolinski or Malik... Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:41 am

Mosky

Mosky
Rookie
Rookie

I'm fine with neither of 'em. I don't know why but I am very confident in the way we stand right now, minus the mezaros situation. The more this goes on, the more i just want him to sit, because im losing my patience. sign or peace out, you're not Sundin. But other than i like what we have to draw from, and for me, bring on training camp :D :drunken:

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum