GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Who will get the C in Ottawa?

+12
dennycrane
spader
tim1_2
SeawaySensFan
wprager
LeCaptain
Flo The Action
NEELY
rooneypoo
Cap'n Clutch
Ev
PTFlea
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Who will get the C in Ottawa?

Who will get the C in Ottawa? - Page 5 Vote_lcap238%Who will get the C in Ottawa? - Page 5 Vote_rcap2 38% [ 6 ]
Who will get the C in Ottawa? - Page 5 Vote_lcap250%Who will get the C in Ottawa? - Page 5 Vote_rcap2 50% [ 8 ]
Who will get the C in Ottawa? - Page 5 Vote_lcap26%Who will get the C in Ottawa? - Page 5 Vote_rcap2 6% [ 1 ]
Who will get the C in Ottawa? - Page 5 Vote_lcap26%Who will get the C in Ottawa? - Page 5 Vote_rcap2 6% [ 1 ]
Who will get the C in Ottawa? - Page 5 Vote_lcap20%Who will get the C in Ottawa? - Page 5 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 16

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 10]

61Who will get the C in Ottawa? - Page 5 Empty Re: Who will get the C in Ottawa? Sat Aug 23, 2014 2:49 pm

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:
wprager wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:That said, I think Phillips WILL get the C, but I wouldn't mind seeing Turris or MacArthur get it.  Preferably Turris.  I think that kid has leadership pouring out his Donkey.

How's that avatar working out for you?  

Look DEEP into my eyes....

Every time I look at that picture I imagine him thinking, "I've made a huge mistake."

62Who will get the C in Ottawa? - Page 5 Empty Re: Who will get the C in Ottawa? Mon Aug 25, 2014 12:19 am

Fulcrum

Rookie
Rookie

I think it's too early for Karlsson....you can cause damage doing things too soon...

I like MacArthurs character a lot....but as mentioned earlier...not 'homegrown' weighs against him...but the new deal does entrench him in senators colours...

I like Turris for an A....but we need vets with letters too....

Phillips should be the backbone of the letters....but not necessarily the C....I think having him help guys learn to wear that responsibility

I like the idea of rolling with rotating letters like Montreal did to see who emerges....kind of like a try-out.

I still think MacArthur emerges from it....until he turns it over to Karlsson when he starts leading by example in the future....he isn't doing that yet IMO.

63Who will get the C in Ottawa? - Page 5 Empty Re: Who will get the C in Ottawa? Mon Aug 25, 2014 7:18 am

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

MacArthur getting the c then giving it to karlsson doesn't make any sense lol. If MacArthur really got the c I think it would be a big mistake. Role player who has never been on a team longer than a couple years.

64Who will get the C in Ottawa? - Page 5 Empty Re: Who will get the C in Ottawa? Mon Aug 25, 2014 7:42 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

It's either going to be Phillips for 2 years while Karlsson becomes a stronger player and leader or it's Karlsson right now... there is no answer C, D, E, or F.

65Who will get the C in Ottawa? - Page 5 Empty Re: Who will get the C in Ottawa? Mon Aug 25, 2014 8:37 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY gets the C, IMO

66Who will get the C in Ottawa? - Page 5 Empty Re: Who will get the C in Ottawa? Mon Aug 25, 2014 8:59 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Done

67Who will get the C in Ottawa? - Page 5 Empty Re: Who will get the C in Ottawa? Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:58 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

NEELY wrote:It's either going to be Phillips for 2 years while Karlsson becomes a stronger player and leader or it's Karlsson right now... there is no answer C, D, E, or F.

There was an F?

68Who will get the C in Ottawa? - Page 5 Empty Re: Who will get the C in Ottawa? Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:22 am

Fulcrum

Fulcrum
Rookie
Rookie

Ev wrote:MacArthur getting the c then giving it to karlsson doesn't make any sense lol. If MacArthur really got the c I think it would be a big mistake.

I don't see a clear cut captain....until there is a shoe-in why force it? We tried that last year.... I get what you are saying about MacArthur but you can't argue that he is the hardest working guy day in and day out.....there is a reason he was moved around from line to line last year. He is MacLeans type of player....up tempo.....he wants hard work and high compete .... MacArthur does that. I am not going to profess to know why MacArthur has made so many stops already in his career....I didn't know anything about him until he came to Ottawa.... Maybe it says something about last year ..... The year that made MacArthur stand out so much....if he truly is just a role player. I think he brings more than that...

I still believe the captain by committee would work the best....

If my only two choices are Phillips and Karlsson.....then I agree with what was posted above....Phillips.....until Karlsson is ready.

69Who will get the C in Ottawa? - Page 5 Empty Re: Who will get the C in Ottawa? Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:24 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

I fully expect BigRig to have the "C" with Neil and Karlsson sporting the "A" next season.

70Who will get the C in Ottawa? - Page 5 Empty Re: Who will get the C in Ottawa? Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:35 am

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

shabbs wrote:I fully expect BigRig to have the "C" with Neil and Karlsson sporting the "A" next season.

Phillips was the logical choice last time around. It made sense then, and it makes sense now. I'm starting to think it won't matter too much who gets it, because everyone knows this is Karlsson's/Turris's/Mac's (and hopefully Ryan's) team anyway.

71Who will get the C in Ottawa? - Page 5 Empty Re: Who will get the C in Ottawa? Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:42 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

rooneypoo wrote:
shabbs wrote:I fully expect BigRig to have the "C" with Neil and Karlsson sporting the "A" next season.

Phillips was the logical choice last time around. It made sense then, and it makes sense now. I'm starting to think it won't matter too much who gets it, because everyone knows this is Karlsson's/Turris's/Mac's (and hopefully Ryan's) team anyway.
I'm certainly not as concerned this year as last year with the choice... time will tell though... I think we'll see them stay "safe" with the choices...

72Who will get the C in Ottawa? - Page 5 Empty Re: Who will get the C in Ottawa? Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:45 am

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

shabbs wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:

I'm certainly not as concerned this year as last year with the choice... time will tell though... I think we'll see them stay "safe" with the choices...

I say give it to Phillips. Spezza was always the wrong choice, and he was the real problem with this team. Giving it to Phillips says that.

73Who will get the C in Ottawa? - Page 5 Empty Re: Who will get the C in Ottawa? Mon Aug 25, 2014 12:40 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ya, I could get behind a season where they come in with A's and no C's. If Karlsson us really ready he'll really stand out.

74Who will get the C in Ottawa? - Page 5 Empty Re: Who will get the C in Ottawa? Mon Aug 25, 2014 1:38 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

rooneypoo wrote:This is tricky business, this dealing with a leadership & team in a veteran-to-youth transitional stage, as we're seeing in SJ.

Phillips and Neil have been good soldiers and are good leaders, but they are not the future (or even the present, really) of this team. If you could erase/forget everything else and just focus on the play on the ice last year, you'd probably have to divvy up the 2 As and C between Karlsson, Turris, and MacArthur. But that's a tough move to make. But if you give it to Phillips, it sends a weird message about no culture change ('more of the same') and doesn't acknowledge the clear movement toward youth ('more of the old guard'). And it also looks like he's just a placeholder.

Lots of potential for hurt feelings here. The optics of what SJ is doing right now are bad, largely because it sounds like they didn't talk to Thornton or Marleau about this, but it also is a powerful statement about breaking with the past and seeing who steps up to lead.

It will take some savvy management of people, feelings, expectations, etc., to hit the right note with all this, inside the dressing room and with the larger public.

Doesn't this contradict the give it to Philips coment you just made?

- Unknown Author

75Who will get the C in Ottawa? - Page 5 Empty Re: Who will get the C in Ottawa? Mon Aug 25, 2014 1:46 pm

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:This is tricky business, this dealing with a leadership & team in a veteran-to-youth transitional stage, as we're seeing in SJ.

Phillips and Neil have been good soldiers and are good leaders, but they are not the future (or even the present, really) of this team. If you could erase/forget everything else and just focus on the play on the ice last year, you'd probably have to divvy up the 2 As and C between Karlsson, Turris, and MacArthur. But that's a tough move to make. But if you give it to Phillips, it sends a weird message about no culture change ('more of the same') and doesn't acknowledge the clear movement toward youth ('more of the old guard'). And it also looks like he's just a placeholder.

Lots of potential for hurt feelings here. The optics of what SJ is doing right now are bad, largely because it sounds like they didn't talk to Thornton or Marleau about this, but it also is a powerful statement about breaking with the past and seeing who steps up to lead.

It will take some savvy management of people, feelings, expectations, etc., to hit the right note with all this, inside the dressing room and with the larger public.

I should have prefaced that last post with a 'you know what, I've changed my mind on this.' I have. Phillips, done.

76Who will get the C in Ottawa? - Page 5 Empty Re: Who will get the C in Ottawa? Mon Aug 25, 2014 1:53 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

rooneypoo wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:

I should have prefaced that last post with a 'you know what, I've changed my mind on this.' I have. Phillips, done.

Everybody agrees with me sooner or later.

77Who will get the C in Ottawa? - Page 5 Empty Re: Who will get the C in Ottawa? Mon Aug 25, 2014 2:07 pm

Fulcrum

Fulcrum
Rookie
Rookie

Flo The Action wrote:..... If Karlsson us really ready he'll really stand out.

That would be ideal....talk is cheap ... you have to prove it.

We learned the hard way last year....

78Who will get the C in Ottawa? - Page 5 Empty Re: Who will get the C in Ottawa? Mon Aug 25, 2014 2:25 pm

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:

Everybody agrees with me sooner or later.

You remember that I was the guy saying, when Alfie was still here, that Phillips and not Spezza should be the next capt of this team, right?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 10]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum