GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Brennan: Chris Neil signs 3 year, 5.75 million dollar extension

+12
SensHulk
Riprock
SeawaySensFan
tim1_2
Hoags
rooneypoo
Ev
Oglethorpe
shabbs
NEELY
sandysensfan
PTFlea
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 9]

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

As if there is some huge difference between 13 goals and 15 goals. Anywhere between 10-20 is a reasonable expectation, but will depend on how much (if any) PP time Neil gets, and ice time in general.

There's no point in debating the value of this contract, we all love it, regardless of what our point output expectations of Neil are.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

My point expectations are 15-20 a year. His leadership expectations through the roof, however.

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:As if there is some huge difference between 13 goals and 15 goals. Anywhere between 10-20 is a reasonable expectation, but will depend on how much (if any) PP time Neil gets, and ice time in general.

There's no point in debating the value of this contract, we all love it, regardless of what our point output expectations of Neil are.

How is 15-20 goals a reasonable expectation at all?

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:As if there is some huge difference between 13 goals and 15 goals. Anywhere between 10-20 is a reasonable expectation, but will depend on how much (if any) PP time Neil gets, and ice time in general.

The value is outstanding, without the points. I'm just saying the points will be a rich, delicious gravy.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Sausage gravy on biscuits?

Brennan: Chris Neil signs 3 year, 5.75 million dollar extension - Page 4 Bob-evans-sausage-gravy-dispenser-thumb

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Holy Dung, does biscuits and gravy from a 7-11 really exist?

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:Holy Dung, does biscuits and gravy from a 7-11 really exist?

It says "Start your day right" but it looks so wrong. Laugh1 Laughing3

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

tim1_2 wrote:Sausage gravy on biscuits?

Brennan: Chris Neil signs 3 year, 5.75 million dollar extension - Page 4 Bob-evans-sausage-gravy-dispenser-thumb
All praise America! The "Easy Mac and Gravy on a Biscuit" stand for your eating convenience. Wow. I think my cholesterol went up just looking at that pic...

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

My God, that has to be the most disgusting thing I've ever seen. Imagine going in and getting a bowl of biscuits swimming in gravy and a nice big Fat Juice of some kind - a Pepsi hopefully. Yum!

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:My God, that has to be the most disgusting thing I've ever seen. Imagine going in and getting a bowl of biscuits swimming in gravy and a nice big Fat Juice of some kind - a Pepsi hopefully. Yum!

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

SpezDispenser wrote:My God, that has to be the most disgusting thing I've ever seen. Imagine going in and getting a bowl of biscuits swimming in gravy and a nice big Fat Juice of some kind - a Pepsi hopefully. Yum!
Jumbo Slurpee.

Awwwwwwww yeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaahhhh!!!!!

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

shabbs wrote:
Jumbo Slurpee.

Awwwwwwww yeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaahhhh!!!!!

I remember having my first Big Gulp about 30 years ago in Niagara Falls. I felt like some kind of big shot.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I would put the gravy on the Easy Mac personally...and then crumble biscuits into it....mmmmmm.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

tim1_2 wrote:I would put the gravy on the Easy Mac personally...and then crumble biscuits into it....mmmmmm.

That's American Poutine. Biscuits (fries), Easy Mac (curds), gravy.

Puking2

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

You may cyber-barf at the thought, but I know what I'm having for dinner tonight!

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:
Michallica wrote:Way to go Neiler....but I actually feel a little bad for Neil. He should have gotten at least the same amount of money as he was getting already. It's peanuts anyways...then to take him down some more...what's the point?

He loves it here and wants to stay? Yeah, he left 1.5 mil on the table IMO, maybe a little more, but sometimes home is where the heart is and there's no reason to rock the boat.

My point isn't against Neil...it's actually against the Sens org. Management should have offered him a slightly higher value in contract. To save face, at least make it $2M to match his current contract.

I actually am starting to agree with SSF.....this wreaks of penny pinching

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Michallica wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
Michallica wrote:Way to go Neiler....but I actually feel a little bad for Neil. He should have gotten at least the same amount of money as he was getting already. It's peanuts anyways...then to take him down some more...what's the point?

He loves it here and wants to stay? Yeah, he left 1.5 mil on the table IMO, maybe a little more, but sometimes home is where the heart is and there's no reason to rock the boat.

My point isn't against Neil...it's actually against the Sens org. Management should have offered him a slightly higher value in contract. To save face, at least make it $2M to match his current contract.

I actually am starting to agree with SSF.....this wreaks of penny pinching

It wreaks of amazing cap management as well. Neil didn't have to sign that deal. If I was GM, I would have offered 2 million X 3, maybe even 2.5 X 3, so it's lucky it was Murray and not me.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

rooneypoo wrote:
wprager wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:Don Brennan ‏@SunDoniB

Chris Neil has signed a 3-year extension that will keep him a Senator until he's 37, I've been told. Believe it's worth $5.75 mil. #nhl#sens

If this is true, it's an amazing signing by the Sens. Love it!! Clapping

It's a good signing for both parties. But let's please stop saying how he took a hometown discount. He's getting very close to $2M on a 3 year deal. Chris Neil is an important cog in the Sens' machine but he is really a 4th line player on a contending team. The reason he's a 3rd line player for us (or was, in the past) was because we had our best 3rd liners playing top-six. Remove the name and ask yourselves if a 4th line making nearly $2M/year on a 3 year deal that likely takes him to the end of his career is something a contending team would do?

Matt Carkner just got $4.5 mil / 3 years, or $1.5 mil / yr. Is Chris Neil (a 3rd liner, occasional PP2, 12+-minutes a night guy) significantly more valuable than Carkner (a bottom pairing or 7th D, PKer, 15+ minutes a night)? I'd say yes.

Neil on the open market would command at least what Prust got, per year.

I'm tickle pink for Carkner but he got overpaid big time. That said, there is a reason that Carkner didn't fight as much as Neil. He didn't have to.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 9]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum