GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Chris Neil re-signs with the Sens per TSN

+23
Cap'n Clutch
Hayden
shabbs
SensFan71
Mojo
asq2
Acrobat
beedub
wprager
Sp00nz
TheAvatar
LeCaptain
The Silfer Server
dennycrane
Havlat9
Riprock
Hockeyhero22000
jamvan
PKC
Bramlet07
strachattack
PTFlea
davetherave
27 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 8]

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

4 years...8MM

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Eat Dung! Why did this happen?

strachattack

strachattack
Rookie
Rookie

SpezDispenser wrote:Eat Dung! Why did this happen?

Perhaps the fact Toronto is getting bigger tougher guys Ottawa felt the need to keep him. I find it bizarre he actually took a slight home town discount to stay. Apparently the offer from the NYR was a bit better.

I can live with it IF he produces on the forecheck. Screw the fighting I want forechecking.

Bramlet07

Bramlet07
Veteran
Veteran

Too much and too long.

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

This is the worst Diddle deal in this team's history.

Really? $2-million per season for a guy who can't score, can't fight, can't skate and can't play a role. Wonderful.

Maple Leafs Lite this team is becoming.

strachattack

strachattack
Rookie
Rookie

RobbyJ wrote:I can live with it IF he produces on the forecheck. Screw the fighting I want forechecking.

I agree! Crash the net too! That's when he's been most effective.

I'm really starting to shift over to the fire Murray side.

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

Murray should get fired for this deal. If Heatley sticks tonight, I'm selling my sens Dung.

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

$2 million doallars for Dung.

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

not surprising they want to support players who want to stay and the fact that he could have gotten 2.3 from the rangers shows maybe he was right in thinking he could get more i see this as a way of trying to quell the negativity of heatley wanting out and to show support for the players who want to stay now he has to earn it stay healthy and get he a$$ in front of the net like the year he had 10 goals

Bramlet07

Bramlet07
Veteran
Veteran

Maybe Edmonton wants him to be part of the the Heatley deal? lol

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

It's a little more than he is worth based on what he brings. The fact that some stupid teams were willing to pay him well more than he is worth, is what screwed us over. Murray caved and raised the price, and I am almost certain Neil had no intentions of going anywhere. These offers were used as leverage. Kind of makes you wonder how a team like the Rangers were even in the running, offering up more than $2 million when they just signed Gaborik and already have way too many ridiculous deals already?

I think Murray made the right choice though - Neil's a good person and we'd have been a softer team against the tougher rivals.

Havlat9

Havlat9
Prospect
Prospect

BM panicked and bit to get Neil after he heard the 2.3 million on the
table from NYR after the leafs boosted their lineup with mad grit. Glad
to c Neil back but he better step it up this season.

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran

I love the Penner-Kelly-Neil line, aptly named the 'I Have an Awesome Agent' line.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 8]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum