GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Chris Neil re-signs with the Sens per TSN

+23
Cap'n Clutch
Hayden
shabbs
SensFan71
Mojo
asq2
Acrobat
beedub
wprager
Sp00nz
TheAvatar
LeCaptain
The Silfer Server
dennycrane
Havlat9
Riprock
Hockeyhero22000
jamvan
PKC
Bramlet07
strachattack
PTFlea
davetherave
27 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 8]

Riprock

All-Star
All-Star

It's a little more than he is worth based on what he brings. The fact that some stupid teams were willing to pay him well more than he is worth, is what screwed us over. Murray caved and raised the price, and I am almost certain Neil had no intentions of going anywhere. These offers were used as leverage. Kind of makes you wonder how a team like the Rangers were even in the running, offering up more than $2 million when they just signed Gaborik and already have way too many ridiculous deals already?

I think Murray made the right choice though - Neil's a good person and we'd have been a softer team against the tougher rivals.

Havlat9

Prospect
Prospect

BM panicked and bit to get Neil after he heard the 2.3 million on the
table from NYR after the leafs boosted their lineup with mad grit. Glad
to c Neil back but he better step it up this season.

dennycrane

Veteran
Veteran

I love the Penner-Kelly-Neil line, aptly named the 'I Have an Awesome Agent' line.

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

Has anyone in this Diddle thread watched Chris Neil the last two seasons? Anyone? Anybody?

The Silfer Server

The Silfer Server
Veteran
Veteran

He had a bad season last year... You know what, so did everyone else... Everyone else... But he is capable of a lot more. He's a team first guy, who hits and gives it his all every shift, and he's passionate. He's not worth the $2M, but at least we are only overpaying him by $400K. He is after all only 2 seasons removed from a 28 point season. And he'll fight anyone. Kind of hoping we reunite him with ruutu and bass for that energy line we had during the preseason of last year.

strachattack

strachattack
Rookie
Rookie

dennycrane wrote:I love the Penner-Kelly-Neil line, aptly named the 'I Have an Awesome Agent' line.

Laughing3

Bass Destruction wrote:He had a bad season last year... You know what, so did everyone else... Everyone else... But he is capable of a lot more. He's a team first guy, who hits and gives it his all every shift, and he's passionate. He's not worth the $2M, but at least we are only overpaying him by $400K. He is after all only 2 seasons removed from a 28 point season. And he'll fight anyone. Kind of hoping we reunite him with ruutu and bass for that energy line we had during the preseason of last year.

One thing I will say is that if there was ever a guy I would expect to raise his game in after signing a long-term deal, this is the guy.

Other players get a 4 year deal and take the next 3 years off... I don't expect that to happen here.

Still too much money though.......

The Silfer Server

The Silfer Server
Veteran
Veteran

I agree to much money... but at least it's too much money relatively speaking. By this i mean it's too much money by about 25% and not by 2.5 million. At the end of the day, it's too much money by 400K. Which is better than Drury, which is too much money by 4 million.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

You also pay for the leadership and character. I know that's PR BS, but in this specific case, it's true.

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran

I've never liked him much, but he is popular and seemingly well-liked by teammates. It will ease the sting of losing Heatley for some fans.

It's an overpayment, but he can be effective.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

I can`t believe people are complaining about 300 000 of cap space Facepalm

Many Eastern teams have gotten a lot bigger and tougher, we had no choice.

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

marakh wrote:I can`t believe people are complaining about 300 000 of cap space Facepalm

Many Eastern teams have gotten a lot bigger and tougher, we had no choice.

exactly it is only 300K not like an extra 2 M

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Hockeyhero22000 wrote:exactly it is only 300K not like an extra 2 M

I can live with it because it's a guy that we probably are a lot better off with, but in the end these 300Ks add up. 500K here, 750K on Fisher, 300K on Kelly, 1.5 million on Fat Penner.

What's that, like 3.5 million right there?

I hope this all works out. I really do. FingersCrossed

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

cas wrote:
Bass Destruction wrote:He had a bad season last year... You know what, so did everyone else... Everyone else... But he is capable of a lot more. He's a team first guy, who hits and gives it his all every shift, and he's passionate. He's not worth the $2M, but at least we are only overpaying him by $400K. He is after all only 2 seasons removed from a 28 point season. And he'll fight anyone. Kind of hoping we reunite him with ruutu and bass for that energy line we had during the preseason of last year.

One thing I will say is that if there was ever a guy I would expect to raise his game in after signing a long-term deal, this is the guy.

Other players get a 4 year deal and take the next 3 years off... I don't expect that to happen here.

What a loaded statement. After the last two seasons this guy has had, how could he in fact get worse? Of course, after the season everyone is gonna be saying "Oh my God, he was so worth the money, he put up ~10 goals and ~10 assists", well yeah he improved, there was nothing less he could do after last season.

But anyways, I seem to be the only one of the opinion that $2 million is too much for Chris Neil...especially when a guy like Brashear signs for $1.4 million.

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

PKC wrote:This is the worst Diddle deal in this team's history.

Really? $2-million per season for a guy who can't score, can't fight, can't skate and can't play a role. Wonderful.

Maple Leafs Lite this team is becoming.

I would really like you to stand in front of Chris Neil and tell him that to his face. It's damn easy to be an anonymous internet coward. Give me a damn break.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:
Hockeyhero22000 wrote:exactly it is only 300K not like an extra 2 M

I can live with it because it's a guy that we probably are a lot better off with, but in the end these 300Ks add up. 500K here, 750K on Fisher, 300K on Kelly, 1.5 million on Fat Penner.

What's that, like 3.5 million right there?

I hope this all works out. I really do. FingersCrossed

It's very true, penny pinching can make a huge difference. Fisher, Kelly, Neil are all over paid... in fact, everyone is, but compared to market value, those guys all are. We overpaid out of respect - we like these guys (well BM does) and rewards them for it.

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

TheAvatar wrote:
PKC wrote:This is the worst Diddle deal in this team's history.

Really? $2-million per season for a guy who can't score, can't fight, can't skate and can't play a role. Wonderful.

Maple Leafs Lite this team is becoming.

I would really like you to stand in front of Chris Neil and tell him that to his face. It's damn easy to be an anonymous internet coward. Give me a damn break.

Are you Diddle retarded? What the Diddle does anything you just said have to do with what I said? This is the dumbest post I've ever read on this website.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum