GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Chris Neil re-signs with the Sens per TSN

+23
Cap'n Clutch
Hayden
shabbs
SensFan71
Mojo
asq2
Acrobat
beedub
wprager
Sp00nz
TheAvatar
LeCaptain
The Silfer Server
dennycrane
Havlat9
Riprock
Hockeyhero22000
jamvan
PKC
Bramlet07
strachattack
PTFlea
davetherave
27 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 8]

LeCaptain

All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:
dennycrane wrote:I love the Penner-Kelly-Neil line, aptly named the 'I Have an Awesome Agent' line.

Will they get 10 goals between them?

Penner can score 20, cmon Facepalm

The Silfer Server

Veteran
Veteran

Penner isn't as bad as everyone makes him out to be... I wonder if Murray intends on reuniting him with Shannon. When they played together for Portland of the AHL, Penner finished the season with 84 points in 57 games... It's only the AHL, but those are impressive numbers, even for that league.

beedub

Veteran
Veteran

I was happy to see that he was signed. My gut clenched when I saw the terms. Wow, 2 million a year. That's a lot of coin.

Still, I can't help but smile, especially with all this Heatley Dung, we just signed a guy who geniunely wants to be here, and will bring an infectious attitude to the dressing room, where one is sorely lacking.

So welcome back Neiler, but boy, you better bring it next season!

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

Bass Destruction wrote:Penner isn't as bad as everyone makes him out to be... I wonder if Murray intends on reuniting him with Shannon. When they played together for Portland of the AHL, Penner finished the season with 84 points in 57 games... It's only the AHL, but those are impressive numbers, even for that league.
I don't know if you can put those two on the same line, I can't imagine them trying to dump and chase, it would be hysterical watching Fat Penner get to the corner only to find the play already at the other end of the ice.

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

Murray drafted Penner right? Maybe he figures he can have a positive impact on the man.

Acrobat

Acrobat
Veteran
Veteran

dennycrane wrote:I love the Penner-Kelly-Neil line, aptly named the 'I Have an Awesome Agent' line.

Laughing3

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Bass Destruction wrote:Penner isn't as bad as everyone makes him out to be... I wonder if Murray intends on reuniting him with Shannon. When they played together for Portland of the AHL, Penner finished the season with 84 points in 57 games... It's only the AHL, but those are impressive numbers, even for that league.

Diddle, that's very true, Kinda of an interesting stat there.

Acrobat

Acrobat
Veteran
Veteran

wprager wrote:

Will they get 10 goals between them?

Do preseason and practices count?

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

Actually I don't think it's a stretch to say that a line of Penner-Fisher-Foligno couldn't get you 20 out of each of them.

Potentially:

Cogliano-Spezza-Alfredsson
Penner-Fisher-Foligno
Regin-Kelly-Shannon
Neil-Bass-Ruutu
Extra: Donovan/Winchester

I don't think that lineup is THAT bad.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I like Neil, but that's too long and too much. He's not a heavyweight fighter, so as that contract goes along he'll start losing more fights than he wins. At the same time, a guy like Bass will start out losing more fights than he wins, but will get better with experience, all at a quarter to a third of that salary. Something happened to Neil's game last season. He reverted from trying to be an effective energy guy to one who decided that fighting every other night was the only real contribution he could bring. We don't need one guy dropping his gloves 15-20 times a year, we need 4-5 guys willing to drop them 2-3 times each. We already have Bass, Winch, Fish, Smith (if he's still here), Cowen (when he gets here) and plenty more willing participants in Bingo.

I really don't know what happened to Neil's game last year, but he became a bit of a joke. 3 goals? 10 points? And for every good hit he seemed to take a bad penalty.

I really, really hope he turns it around, but even if he plays up to his potential (what we saw 2-3 years ago) he would still be overpaid.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Fat Penner will bag closer to 30 than 20. Put him on line 1 and try to make the best of it.

Acrobat

Acrobat
Veteran
Veteran

Give him 2 years to improve, otherwise buy him out - the cap hit from the recent picks should allow the room to do that.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

TheAvatar wrote:Murray drafted Penner right? Maybe he figures he can have a positive impact on the man.

not drafted, signed Winchester-like.

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:Fat Penner will bag closer to 30 than 20. Put him on line 1 and try to make the best of it.

I love that nickname...officially the best nickname in all of pro sports.

The Silfer Server

The Silfer Server
Veteran
Veteran

TheAvatar wrote:Murray drafted Penner right? Maybe he figures he can have a positive impact on the man.

Well signed him as a free agent, but same difference really.

It's funny though, everytime I say Penner, I think of Fred Penner, that old kid's show host with a beard, who used to sing and play the guitar. Oh the memories.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

PKC wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:Fat Penner will bag closer to 30 than 20. Put him on line 1 and try to make the best of it.

I love that nickname...officially the best nickname in all of pro sports.

cool) I love it too.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

http://senators.nhl.com/team/app/?service=page&page=NewsPage&articleid=433203

Overpaid maybe, yOu can`t help but appreciate his love for this city, while certain guys paid 4 times more want to leave.

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

marakh wrote:

not drafted, signed Winchester-like.

oh; my bad; sorry.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum