GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Brennan: Chris Neil signs 3 year, 5.75 million dollar extension

+12
SensHulk
Riprock
SeawaySensFan
tim1_2
Hoags
rooneypoo
Ev
Oglethorpe
shabbs
NEELY
sandysensfan
PTFlea
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 9]

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Many toolbags there. There's a reason I don't follow those idiots, not worth it.

Hoags

All-Star
All-Star

DownGoesSpezza is an idiot, maybe he thinks he's being funny, he's like a Ryan Lambert wannabe.

The other guy named felixpotvin seems to run a Leafs blog .... yeah no Leafs fan will ever say anything good about Neil or our team Laugh1

No big surprise there, the more people hate the move, the better it is IMO.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I think it's one of the better contracts recently. Great value for a very solid player, tough as nails SOB. Love it.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

This makes Spezza, Michalek, Greening, and Neil the only pro forwards signed for next season (2013/2014).

NEELY

Mod
Mod

This proves my theory that everyone is dumb.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Very happy with this signing...three years feels right.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:Fantastic. Heart and soul player and part of this community. Cap hit is a joke too. Sen for life.

As he should be. This guy has shown more than anyone, yes, anyone, that he wants to be a Sen for life.

I wouldn't be shocked to see him put up a career high in points for this coming season.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Neil is absolutely fearless, and he'll do anything his coach asks him. He truly wants to be a Sen for life, and as noted, as taken home-team discounts to remain here. I've said it before, and I'll say it again: guys that actually WANT to be here (The Alfie, Phillips, Neil) are invaluable to the organization.

Neil will drop the mitts with anybody…Orr, Chara, etc… Fearless.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

My Chris Neil jersey thanks him.

Brennan: Chris Neil signs 3 year, 5.75 million dollar extension - Page 2 Img2011102800014

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

He took a discount too didn't he?

EDIT:

Yup, small discount from $2M to ~1.91

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Riprock wrote:He took a discount too didn't he?

EDIT:

Yup, small discount from $2M to ~1.91

I'm sure it's a more significant discount to what a UFA offer would have yielded on the open market.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Well, with no Carkner and no Konopka... Neil could have made a case for a raise... kudos to him.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Smith, Neil, Greening, Borowiecki, Methot, all guys that contribute to the team toughness. Neil being the obvious leader of that group.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

And Krammer if and when he makes it.

I'd actually love to see him get some games in vs. Leafs in pre-season.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Way to go Neiler....but I actually feel a little bad for Neil. He should have gotten at least the same amount of money as he was getting already. It's peanuts anyways...then to take him down some more...what's the point?

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Michallica wrote:Way to go Neiler....but I actually feel a little bad for Neil. He should have gotten at least the same amount of money as he was getting already. It's peanuts anyways...then to take him down some more...what's the point?

He loves it here and wants to stay? Yeah, he left 1.5 mil on the table IMO, maybe a little more, but sometimes home is where the heart is and there's no reason to rock the boat.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Michallica wrote:Way to go Neiler....but I actually feel a little bad for Neil. He should have gotten at least the same amount of money as he was getting already. It's peanuts anyways...then to take him down some more...what's the point?

A few more nickels in Cheapskate Melnyk's shorts? Cheap bastard.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

SeawaySensFan wrote:

A few more nickels in Cheapskate Melnyk's shorts? Cheap bastard.
Marshy feels his pain eh?

Wink

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 9]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum