GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Game Day - Senators @ Canucks - 9:00PM - Sunday November 20 2011

+14
Hoags
SeawaySensFan
Flo The Action
Ev
LeCaptain
cash
PTFlea
wprager
rooneypoo
spader
SensHulk
shabbs
Riprock
stempniaksen
18 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 8]

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I look forward to Regin's return, he was awesome before he got hurt and the 2nd line has the potential to be really solid.

SensHulk

All-Star
All-Star

I like smith too. He got lots of pp time as well. As for foligno, he was meh at center. He's found his niche as a winger Imo and would look good with smith on the 3rd. We'll see if guess, there's plenty of time for coaching staff to decide. I think the young guns and alfie can use the break

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Beep! Ottawa back into 8th seed, Washington bounced. GoSensGo!

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Michallica wrote:I like smith too. He got lots of pp time as well. As for foligno, he was meh at center. He's found his niche as a winger Imo and would look good with smith on the 3rd. We'll see if guess, there's plenty of time for coaching staff to decide. I think the young guns and alfie can use the break

He just needs to get back to game shape I think, he looked slow and tired this game. Give him 3 more and he'll look like Alfie again.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Again wanna re-iterate that Auld was awesome. Hope he can keep it up along with Andy.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:
Michallica wrote:Diddle they gotta shoot more on the pp. That said, great game by the sens and it's thanks to some terrific saves by Auld.

3-1-1 road trip so far. Pretty damn good. Now, is it dacosta's time to head down?

It's Karlsson, I swear that guy has stopped shooting completely. He needs to accept those passes and hammer them, the rest will be all instinct, but he's literally doing everything but shoot and he needs to badly.

As for Da Costa, I would have said yes, but who takes over 2C? Foligno? I doubt Mac wants to break up the Z.Smith, Condra, Daugavins line, and as much as I really like Winchester's game, I don't know about that either, so...?

Easy now, Karlsson is like top 20 in the league in shots on goal. He has more shots than any Senator, more shots than Ovechkin, Patrick Kane, the Sedins, Parise...

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Karlsson has a 1.5 shooting percentage. Should improve soon.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

LeKid wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
Michallica wrote:Diddle they gotta shoot more on the pp. That said, great game by the sens and it's thanks to some terrific saves by Auld.

3-1-1 road trip so far. Pretty damn good. Now, is it dacosta's time to head down?

It's Karlsson, I swear that guy has stopped shooting completely. He needs to accept those passes and hammer them, the rest will be all instinct, but he's literally doing everything but shoot and he needs to badly.

As for Da Costa, I would have said yes, but who takes over 2C? Foligno? I doubt Mac wants to break up the Z.Smith, Condra, Daugavins line, and as much as I really like Winchester's game, I don't know about that either, so...?

Easy now, Karlsson is like top 20 in the league in shots on goal. He has more shots than any Senator, more shots than Ovechkin, Patrick Kane, the Sedins, Parise...

I was talking the PP specifically, I'm not sure how many of those shots were on the PP, but it feels like Karlsson's passing up a lot of shooting opportunities searching for that perfect play.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

He's being covered on the point very well this year as well, he doesn't have the time to shoot like he has to.

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran

Big Ev wrote:why are all Ottawa broadcasters terrible? Brown, Potvin, York, Versage...all awful.
Brown is pretty good when given a professional (SOBER) colour guy to work with. York is new but I don't mind him at all. Potvin is terrible and Versage, goes without saying that he should be doing minor football on Rogers 22 (as a part time fill in).

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Oglethorpe wrote:
Big Ev wrote:why are all Ottawa broadcasters terrible? Brown, Potvin, York, Versage...all awful.
Brown is pretty good when given a professional (SOBER) colour guy to work with. York is new but I don't mind him at all. Potvin is terrible and Versage, goes without saying that he should be doing minor football on Rogers 22 (as a part time fill in).

Lee Versage and Phil Melanson should not have a 3hour morning show on a big radio station like the Team 1200

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

So I didn't see the game...was Ottawa's D really good? Was it all Auld? What kept the Canucks in check?

It's good to come away with a point in this one. Great road-trip!

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Pens on Friday. Talk about a long lay off.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Like I said before, anything beyond a 500 record on the Sens road trip would be considered fantastic. Last night, an OT point is just like playing with house money.

The Sens played a near perfect road game but they just didn't catch any bounces but they still came away with a point. Auld was awesome and I think him getting in and playing like that before a long lay off is important. Spezza had a very solid game, IMO his best of the year. Michalek is a friggin beast.

Defensivly I thought Cowen and Lee were the best pairing. Those two are looking more and more like the perfect pair. They both skate well, move the puck well, are big bodies who like to take the man. When they hit puberty they could very well be the best shut down tandom in the NHL.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

The long break is coming at the perfect time too. They can get home for a few days with absolutely no negatives other than a bad bounce in OT last night to think about. Recharge, heal up, and get going again on Friday.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Also that layoff may just give Maclean some time to address the streaky season thus far and maybe we don't turn this into another losing slide.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:So I didn't see the game...was Ottawa's D really good? Was it all Auld? What kept the Canucks in check?

It's good to come away with a point in this one. Great road-trip!

The only two that beat him were deflected by his own D. I guess you could pretend they were trying to block more shots but the truth is they only blocked 10 as a team. By comparison, the league leaders (Leafs) block an average of 16 shots per game.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Big Ev wrote:Karlsson has a 1.5 shooting percentage. Should improve soon.

Maybe he should shoot less. Facepalm Last night was a perfect example -- had the game on his stick and shot it wide from 10 feet out. I realize he was trying to go just inside the post but from that distance that's quite a miss.

When's Michalek going to score again? That bum Kessel padded his stats again, last night, with two more. Dammit! I guess 2nd in the league is pretty good, though. Hat-trick Friday against the Sidguins Vertigo

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum