GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Game Day - Senators @ Canucks - 9:00PM - Sunday November 20 2011

+14
Hoags
SeawaySensFan
Flo The Action
Ev
LeCaptain
cash
PTFlea
wprager
rooneypoo
spader
SensHulk
shabbs
Riprock
stempniaksen
18 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 8]

stempniaksen

stempniaksen
Veteran
Veteran

Who: Senators vs Canucks
Where: SNET-East, SNET-West, TVA
When: 9:00PM - Sun November 20

SENATORS (10-9-1)

Colin Greening - Jason Spezza - Milan Michalek
Nick Foligno - Stephane Da Costa - Daniel Alfredsson
Kaspar Daugavins - Zack Smith - Erik Condra
Zenon Konopka - Jesse Winchester - Bobby Butler

Filip Kuba - Erik Karlsson
Chris Phillips - Sergei Gonchar
Jared Cowen - Brian Lee

Craig Anderson
Alex Auld

CANUCKS (9-9-1)

Daniel Sedin - Henrik Sedin - Jannik Hansen
Chris Higgins - Ryan Kesler - Alex Burrows
David Booth - Max Lapierre - Cody Hodgson
Aaron Volpatti - Manny Malhotra - Dale Weise

Dan Hamhuis - Kevin Bieksa
Alexander Edler - Sami Salo
Aaron Rome - Andrew Alberts

Cory Schneider
Roberto Luongo

Season Series: This is the first of two meetings this season -- the Canucks come to Scotiabank Place on Dec. 10. Vancouver won both meetings last season and has prevailed in seven of eight since the start of 2005-06. The Canucks have outscored the Senators 29-13 in that span.

Big Story: These middle-of-the-pack teams have taken dramatically different paths to get where they are -- the Senators have had hot and cold streaks, while the Canucks have been maddeningly erratic. The Senators are riding their second surge of the season, and the Canucks will have to slow them down

Senators: Ottawa’s season has been a roller coaster. After starting with losses in five of six, the Senators won six straight to finish October then lost five in a row to begin November. Now they’re back on a roll again with three consecutive victories, all against other Canadian clubs. Ottawa won at Calgary and Edmonton in back-to-back games for only the second time in franchise history, and the Senators can complete a one-trip sweep of the three Western Canadian teams for the first time in franchise history with a win at Rogers Arena.

Canucks: The Canucks have been consistently inconsistent, neither winning nor losing more than two in a row. There have been too many losses though, and the team that captured the Presidents’ Trophy and came within a victory of the Stanley Cup currently resides outside the top eight in the Western Conference after getting whacked 5-1 at home by Chicago on Wednesday.
"We're aware of where our game is right now," coach Alain Vigneault said. "Like I've said a few times lately, we're not that far away. But, obviously, we're not good enough right now, and we're aware of it."

Who's Hot: Milan Michalek has played a big part in Ottawa’s unexpected early-season success. He's second in the League with 12 goals, including four in the past six games. Erik Karlsson leads all NHL defensemen with 18 points and is tied for the League lead in assists with Vancouver’s Daniel Sedin. Both Daniel and twin brother Henrik have seven points in the past five games for the Canucks.

Injury Report: Forwards Chris Neil (ankle) and Peter Regin (shoulder) are out for the Senators. Defenseman Matt Carkner (knee) has yet to play this season, but he’s been skating with the team in practice. … Forward Mason Raymond (back) is practicing with the Canucks, but he too has not played this season. Goalie Roberto Luongo (upper body), center Ryan Kesler (shoulder) and defenseman Keith Ballard (back) are all out against Ottawa.

- via NHL.com

Last edited by stempniaksen on Sun Nov 20, 2011 10:50 am; edited 2 times in total

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

You beat me to it Dammit!

stempniaksen

stempniaksen
Veteran
Veteran

You always beat me, figured I would get it out early today, haha Laugh1

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Let's do this! GO SENS GO!!! Keep on rollin' rollin' rollin'...

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Schneider eh? Not sure how I feel about that

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Nice GDT, Mich Stemp! (see below)

EDIT: Facepalm

Last edited by spader on Sun Nov 20, 2011 3:33 pm; edited 1 time in total

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

Michallica wrote:Schneider eh? Not sure how I feel about that

Luongo is DTD with some kind of injury.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

spader wrote:Nice GDT, Mich.

Wrong guy....Stempniaksen is da man :KKK:

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Michallica wrote:
spader wrote:Nice GDT, Mich STEMP!

Wrong guy....Stempniaksen is da man :KKK:

Fixed!
Cheering

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Go Sens go!

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Nice GTD! Go Sens, gonna need the role players to do their thing again. If Z.Smith didn't have such nice chemistry with Daug and Condra, he'd be worth looking at with Foligno and Alfredsson for a bit, but he has such a nice thing going. Keep it up guys, same with Winchester, he needs to continue to play that brand of game on the 4th line.

Go Michalek, Greening, Spezza, everyone, let's give it a go! Ahhhhh!

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

GoSensGo!

cash

Sophomore
Sophomore

Game Day - Senators @ Canucks - 9:00PM - Sunday November 20 2011 220px-FF232

cash

Sophomore
Sophomore

And a year from now, hopefully it'll be this:
Game Day - Senators @ Canucks - 9:00PM - Sunday November 20 2011 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS3diw62ub_zu1IoDgAt1AFCPURPsuEmrvvL9yn5rMM0ACXdAx9jyOGRTds

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

cash wrote:And a year from now, hopefully it'll be this:
Game Day - Senators @ Canucks - 9:00PM - Sunday November 20 2011 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS3diw62ub_zu1IoDgAt1AFCPURPsuEmrvvL9yn5rMM0ACXdAx9jyOGRTds

I'm assuming the four is made up of Alfie, Spezza, Michalek, Karlsson, right?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 8]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum