GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY:Ottawa Senators @ Vancouver Canucks - 10:00pm ET - MON. Feb. 7, 2011

+15
asq2
SensHulk
The Silfer Server
LethalLehner
spader
jawal
TheAvatar
Hoags
PTFlea
SensGirl11
SeawaySensFan
Hobiesens
tim1_2
shabbs
Cap'n Clutch
19 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Ottawa @ Vancouver, Feb 7, 2011

GAME DAY:Ottawa Senators  @ Vancouver Canucks  - 10:00pm ET - MON. Feb. 7, 2011 Vote_lcap250%GAME DAY:Ottawa Senators  @ Vancouver Canucks  - 10:00pm ET - MON. Feb. 7, 2011 Vote_rcap2 50% [ 2 ]
GAME DAY:Ottawa Senators  @ Vancouver Canucks  - 10:00pm ET - MON. Feb. 7, 2011 Vote_lcap250%GAME DAY:Ottawa Senators  @ Vancouver Canucks  - 10:00pm ET - MON. Feb. 7, 2011 Vote_rcap2 50% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 4

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 6]

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

GAME DAY:Ottawa Senators @ Vancouver Canucks - 10:00pm ET - MON. Feb. 7, 2011

GAME DAY:Ottawa Senators  @ Vancouver Canucks  - 10:00pm ET - MON. Feb. 7, 2011 LargeGAME DAY:Ottawa Senators  @ Vancouver Canucks  - 10:00pm ET - MON. Feb. 7, 2011 AtGAME DAY:Ottawa Senators  @ Vancouver Canucks  - 10:00pm ET - MON. Feb. 7, 2011 Large

"Canuckle sandwich"

The Ottawa Senators (17-28-8, 42 pts) visit the league leading Vancouver Canucks (34-10-9, 77 pts) Monday night. The Canucks are rolling through the regular season and look well on their way to a Presidents Trophy while the Senators look to find their way to the exact opposite end of the spectrum. The last time the Sens faced Vancouver it was a 6-2 pounding and, based on both teams trajectories, this game looks to be even worse.

A loss is a loss at this point. Keep the tank bus moving in the right direction and lets challenge the Oilers for that coveted last place finish.

Game Coverage:

TV: RDS (HD),SNET-E (HD),SNET-P (HD)
    Radio: Team 1200
    Web: JUSTIN.tv or ATDHE

Latest updates:
Matt Carkner expected back this week.

TSN's Ice Chips:

Ottawa
    Vancouver

Ottawa Senators Key Injuries:

Matt Carkner (day to day)
    Pascal Leclaire (Just shut it down already!)

Vancouver Canucks Key Injuries:

Alex Edler (back)
    Aaron Volpatti is day-to-day (rib)

Game Day Previews:

NHL.com
    ESPN

Media Links:

SensTV On-line
    Official Twitter of the Ottawa Senators

Spread the word!

Follow GMHockey on Twitter: http://twitter.com/gmhockey

GO SENS GO!!!

Last edited by Cap'n Clutch on Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:34 am; edited 2 times in total

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

This will not be fun to watch...

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I don't plan on being up late enough to watch this. I wake up at 5:20am every morning and with the result pretty much a foregone conclusion I'll happily sleep through it.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I love watching Vancouver play. It reminds me of a time when we were that good. The way they move the puck is unreal. That being said, I’ll be in bed before this one’s halfway through the first. That should be enough time to see Vancouver’s first few goals.

I wonder what the betting line is on this game…it can’t be pretty. I’m curious to see if Vancouver can go double digits on us.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

tim1_2 wrote:I wonder what the betting line is on this game…it can’t be pretty.
Heh. Proline has visiting team (Ottawa) winning by 2+ or more as 4.0. Home team (Vancouver) winning by 2+ is 1.6. That says it all.

Hobiesens

Hobiesens
Sophomore
Sophomore

You might want to remove the link to www.atdhe.net/

There's only a nice message from the U.S. Homeland Security there now.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Hobiesens wrote:You might want to remove the link to www.atdhe.net/

There's only a nice message from the U.S. Homeland Security there now.
The new home for atdhe is here:

http://www.atdhenet.tv/

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Just read Don Brennan’s preview of tonight’s game. Reading the Clouston quotes, it sort of sounds like he’s coaching not to lose, instead of coaching to win:

“We have to respect who they are,” coach Cory Clouston said of the line that features the league’s second and fourth-leading scorers, the twins Daniel and Henrik. “Understand when they’re on the ice, manage the puck ... putting the puck in safe plays if you don’t have a play. Not forcing something because they are such a good team on transition. When to take advantage of an opening and when to keep it simple.
“Almost like a rugby game, where you’re not always trying to score, you’re trying to advance the ball, keep it safe.
“Sometimes you’re out there in a situation where you’re trying to give yourself momentum and not give them momentum, and try to shut them down and frustrate them a little bit.”

I wouldn’t often get into the mysterious world of coaching a team, but if this is the approach he’s been using, would it not be time to try something else? Like “be really aggressive and try to score some goals.”

I know diddly-squat about coaching hockey, but it seems to me that if my NHL coaching career was on ground this shaky, I’d be trying pretty much anything to get a W.

http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Hockey/NHL/Ottawa/2011/02/06/17178926.html

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:Just read Don Brennan’s preview of tonight’s game. Reading the Clouston quotes, it sort of sounds like he’s coaching not to lose, instead of coaching to win:

“We have to respect who they are,” coach Cory Clouston said of the line that features the league’s second and fourth-leading scorers, the twins Daniel and Henrik. “Understand when they’re on the ice, manage the puck ... putting the puck in safe plays if you don’t have a play. Not forcing something because they are such a good team on transition. When to take advantage of an opening and when to keep it simple.
“Almost like a rugby game, where you’re not always trying to score, you’re trying to advance the ball, keep it safe.
“Sometimes you’re out there in a situation where you’re trying to give yourself momentum and not give them momentum, and try to shut them down and frustrate them a little bit.”

I wouldn’t often get into the mysterious world of coaching a team, but if this is the approach he’s been using, would it not be time to try something else? Like “be really aggressive and try to score some goals.”

I know diddly-squat about coaching hockey, but it seems to me that if my NHL coaching career was on ground this shaky, I’d be trying pretty much anything to get a W.
http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Hockey/NHL/Ottawa/2011/02/06/17178926.html

Maybe he's been instructed not to win? Laugh1

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Maybe it wouldn't matter what he did or what he was told?

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Cap'n Clutch wrote:Maybe it wouldn't matter what he did or what he was told?

Maybe if he was told, it wouldn't matter? Vertigo

We are going to get Cussing pounded tonight. DancingBanana MJ

I just hope it isn't a double digit loss.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

hemlock wrote:We are going to get Cussing pounded tonight. DancingBanana MJ

I just hope it isn't a double digit loss.

If it's a double digit loss do we get two losses out of it? Wink

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

Who's starting does anyone know?

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Luongo goes for the Canucks and it seems Elliott will get the start. No official confirmation on that yet though.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 6]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum