GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY:Ottawa Senators @ Vancouver Canucks - 10:00pm ET - MON. Feb. 7, 2011

+15
asq2
SensHulk
The Silfer Server
LethalLehner
spader
jawal
TheAvatar
Hoags
PTFlea
SensGirl11
SeawaySensFan
Hobiesens
tim1_2
shabbs
Cap'n Clutch
19 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Ottawa @ Vancouver, Feb 7, 2011

GAME DAY:Ottawa Senators  @ Vancouver Canucks  - 10:00pm ET - MON. Feb. 7, 2011 - Page 5 Vote_lcap250%GAME DAY:Ottawa Senators  @ Vancouver Canucks  - 10:00pm ET - MON. Feb. 7, 2011 - Page 5 Vote_rcap2 50% [ 2 ]
GAME DAY:Ottawa Senators  @ Vancouver Canucks  - 10:00pm ET - MON. Feb. 7, 2011 - Page 5 Vote_lcap250%GAME DAY:Ottawa Senators  @ Vancouver Canucks  - 10:00pm ET - MON. Feb. 7, 2011 - Page 5 Vote_rcap2 50% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 4

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 6]

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Very entertaining game to watch, I like the result. Spezza's gonna be fun to watch when we get a little more skill in here. He was buzzing.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

GAME DAY:Ottawa Senators  @ Vancouver Canucks  - 10:00pm ET - MON. Feb. 7, 2011 - Page 5 7776.Ballard.jpg-400x0

Cuss.

CockRoche

Veteran
Veteran

asq2 wrote:
CockRoche wrote:I feel bad for Elliott. I only saw the 3rd period though; so I'm not sure how the goals went in against him.

Yeah, over-all a great game from him. I don't think you can fault him on any of the goals except maybe Kesler's, but even then dude's got a ridiculous shot.

Pretty happy with this one. It's games like this that make me wish this season wasn't already gone to ****, though. With Spezza in the line-up the players just seem to fall into their natural places and look comfortable.

Thanks for the update on Elliott for the parts I missed. He looked very confident and sharp from the little that I saw. He hasn't been playing with confidence for quite some time. Maybe he is can continue to track the puck better from here on out?

It is pretty clear to everyone - or it should be - that the offence runs through Spezza now. With Alfredsson hurting/on the decline, people better get used to it. It has actually been that way for just over two years now IMO. Spezza's game is maturing, as is he - as a person.

CockRoche

CockRoche
Veteran
Veteran

SpezDispenser wrote:GAME DAY:Ottawa Senators  @ Vancouver Canucks  - 10:00pm ET - MON. Feb. 7, 2011 - Page 5 7776.Ballard.jpg-400x0

Cuss.

What did I miss? That looks like Ballard. Did something happen in this game? Come to think of it, I didn't see him out there in the 3rd. Do tell.

SDH89

SDH89
Veteran
Veteran

CockRoche wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:GAME DAY:Ottawa Senators  @ Vancouver Canucks  - 10:00pm ET - MON. Feb. 7, 2011 - Page 5 7776.Ballard.jpg-400x0

Cuss.

What did I miss? That looks like Ballard. Did something happen in this game? Come to think of it, I didn't see him out there in the 3rd. Do tell.

Yeah, he fell awkwardly (as you can see) into the boards with Michalek early in the first period. He was helped off, without putting any pressure on his leg, and he didn't come back. Looks to be quite serious.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

CockRoche wrote:

Cuss.

Pretty sure you can tell by just looking at the picture...

CockRoche

CockRoche
Veteran
Veteran

SDH89 wrote:
CockRoche wrote:

Cuss.

Yeah, he fell awkwardly (as you can see) into the boards with Michalek early in the first period. He was helped off, without putting any pressure on his leg, and he didn't come back. Looks to be quite serious.

Yikes. To me it only looks like it could be his MCL, ACL, PCL, broke tibula, broken fibula, broken ankle and high ankle sprain.

The only thing that looks safe is his LCL.

I hope I'm wrong.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

I feel bad for the sens now. They played an awesome game tonight. Great games for spezza and elliott. Hell Lee looked good too. And wow was michalek flying tonight?? If only he scored on that shorthanded chance!

Too much negativity and bad luck tonight. They really need to win a game soon...and that was a game karlsson needs to forget asap. And don't get me started on afie's point blank shot going wide.

They kept their heads up high with that loss. Go sens go!

CockRoche

CockRoche
Veteran
Veteran

Big Ev wrote:
CockRoche wrote:

Cuss.

Pretty sure you can tell by just looking at the picture...

Actually I couldn't; that is why I asked. I missed the first two periods and I only thought it looked like Ballard.

Plus, I wanted to know how it happened. Clean, dirty, things of that nature.

SpezDispenser helped answer some of the questions in my head and I thank him for that.

CockRoche

CockRoche
Veteran
Veteran

Michallica wrote:I feel bad for the sens now. They played an awesome game tonight. Great games for spezza and elliott. Hell Lee looked good too. And wow was michalek flying tonight?? If only he scored on that shorthanded chance!

Too much negativity and bad luck tonight. They really need to win a game soon...and that was a game karlsson needs to forget asap. And don't get me started on afie's point blank shot going wide.

That is exactly how I saw the 3rd period. I actually already mentioned almost every name you said. Spezza, Elliott, Lee, Michalek. I noticed Alfredsson fanning on that wide-open one-timer as well.

What I didn't see from just watching the 3rd period is the game-to-forget from Karlsson. What did he do wrong?

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Michallica wrote:I feel bad for the sens now. They played an awesome game tonight. Great games for spezza and elliott. Hell Lee looked good too. And wow was michalek flying tonight?? If only he scored on that shorthanded chance!

Have I mentioned that I'm liking his game more and more?

CockRoche

CockRoche
Veteran
Veteran

spader wrote:

Have I mentioned that I'm liking his game more and more?

Haha. I mentioned at the start of the year that it is too bad that Ottawa feels like Lee has been passed on the depth charts by players that aren't even in the NHL yet; present and future players and prospects.

Lee is not as washed up as most people think IMO. Way too early to say that yet.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I didn't watch it, but I saw the highlights this morning. Seems like Ottawa pretty did everything except actually win, which is the best possible case! Three posts in the 2nd period? Yeehaw.

Sounds like it was a pretty good effort against the best team in the league. Ottawa seems to have a way of playing up, or down, to their competition.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Man... that was a lot of posts we hit last night... if we're going to lose, I'd prefer it be like that as opposed to a blow out or lackluster effort.

Hope Ballard is ok, good thing for the Canucks that Salo is almost ready to come back.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

It was definitely a nicer way to lose for sure.

P.S Just 1,440 posts to go shabbs and you will be dubbed SIR Montagoose.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

I just read on the TSN comment board that some are calling Michalek out for a slew-foot on Ballard. I didn't see the game (and fully recognize that comment boards are awful sources).

Is there anything to that claim?

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

spader wrote:I just read on the TSN comment board that some are calling Michalek out for a slew-foot on Ballard. I didn't see the game (and fully recognize that comment boards are awful sources).

Is there anything to that claim?
I saw the replays and it didn't look like a slew foot to me. It was just an unfortunate play behind the net.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

I didn't watch the game. I did catch a few minutes here and there... I saw the Foligno goal, and Spezza goal... so I DID catch all of Ottawa's goals GAME DAY:Ottawa Senators  @ Vancouver Canucks  - 10:00pm ET - MON. Feb. 7, 2011 - Page 5 62136 but all I can say is that this kind of game is the perfect loss. Obviously I am hoping the Sens lose from here on out, just to solidify the best possible pick we can get. That is the only bright thing to look forward to. And losing games like we have been, where we have been playing decently, and scoring, is a great way to lose.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum