GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY:Ottawa Senators @ NY Islanders - 7:00pm ET - SAT. Feb. 5 2011

+12
asq2
Hoags
LethalLehner
spader
wprager
Ev
SeawaySensFan
TheAvatar
shabbs
SensHulk
Riprock
PTFlea
16 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 7]

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

WHO:
GAME DAY:Ottawa Senators @ NY Islanders - 7:00pm ET - SAT. Feb. 5 2011  Ottawa_Senatorss vs GAME DAY:Ottawa Senators @ NY Islanders - 7:00pm ET - SAT. Feb. 5 2011  NYIS

WHERE:
GAME DAY:Ottawa Senators @ NY Islanders - 7:00pm ET - SAT. Feb. 5 2011  Nassau-coliseum

MEDIA:
TV: CBC
Radio: Team 1200
Stream: not sure yet

LINEUPS:
GAME DAY:Ottawa Senators @ NY Islanders - 7:00pm ET - SAT. Feb. 5 2011  Ottawa_Senatorss
Foligno - Spezza - Alfredsson
Michalek - Regin - Kovalev
Kelly - Fisher - Neil
Ruutu Z.Smith - Winchester - Shannon

Phillips - Karlsson
Gonchar - Lee
Kuba - Campoli

Elliott
Lehner

GAME DAY:Ottawa Senators @ NY Islanders - 7:00pm ET - SAT. Feb. 5 2011  NYIS

Moulson - Tavares - Parenteau
Grabner - Nielson - Okposo
Colliton - Bailey - Comeau will not play
Schremp - Konopka - Martin

Macdonald - Hamonic
Hiller - Martinek
Reese - Gervais

Poulin
MIKKO KOSKINEN has just been recalled by the Isles.

GAME STORY:
Okay...the game story is basically: which of these two behemoth's will be the victor tonight. And by victor, I mean, which will lose? The battle for the top pick in the 2011 NHL Entry Draft is well underway and tonight will take one team, one step towards getting it. This is the third game in the 4 game series between these two teams, with the first two going to the Sens. The last win was the Sens' only win in their last 15 ( Facepalm).

SIDE NOTES:
The return of Jason Spezza. The Sens will get back their biggest offensive weapon and look to improve on the horrendous 2.19 goals they average per game. Spezza will skate on a line with Foligno and Alfredsson and looks to immediately boost the Sens. Spezza had a goal and 3 assists on Nov.4th when the Sens beat the Isles 4-1 and has 23 points in 23 career games vs the lowly Isles.

It also features the two most fragile goalies in the league. Naturally neither are playing, with Pascal Leclaire possibly shelved for an extended period and Rick "One Punch" Dipietro, who had his face fractured by Brent Johnson last game ( Laughing3 )

WHO'S HOT (from NHL.com):
Like his teammates, Michael Grabner was kept off the board in Pittsburgh twice, but those are the only two games in his last 10 in which he has failed to log a point. … Ottawa's Erik Karlsson has a three-game point streak. Alexei Kovalev had a goal and 2 assists against Detroit and has 4 points in his last two games. Peter Regin's goal and 2 assists ended a 31-game scoring drought. Defenseman Chris Campoli was a healthy scratch in the Sens' last visit to his former stomping grounds on Long Island, but a 3-point performance Wednesday all but guarantees a lineup spot Saturday.

INJURIES:

OTTAWA:
-Carkner - game time decision, looks doubtful
-Leclaire - lower body, indefinite

ISLANDERS (holy moly):
Rick Dipietro ( Laughing3 ) - broken face + swollen knee/pride, 4 weeks +
Blake Comeau - concussion, just assessed, very unlikely
Milan Jurcina - upper body, day to day, will not play
Trent Hunter - torn MCL, IR
Mark Streit - shoulder surgery, will not play, indefinite
Doug Weight - back, IR, indefinite
Mike Mottau - hip surgery, indefinite
Mark Eaton - hip surgery, IR
Evgeny Nabokov - SUSPENDED

QUOTE (from NHL.com)
"At this point whatever bad can happen just seems to happen, not just myself, but with the entire team. It's not just small groin pulls and muscle strains where you're out a couple of days, it's blowing out hips and knees and faces and whatever else. It all happens for a reason and the payoff's just going to be that much sweeter when this thing we're building comes to fruition. You might think I'm crazy, but I believe this group of guys is going to be a Stanley Cup winner. You go through all these trials and tribulations and come out stronger as a group." -- DiPietro on the Islanders' and his own recent misfortunes

GAME DAY:Ottawa Senators @ NY Islanders - 7:00pm ET - SAT. Feb. 5 2011  110205011829

Can't really cheer against my team, so....

GO SENS GO!!!!!!!!! Ahhhhh! HappyDance1 Lalalala

Last edited by SpezDispenser on Sat Feb 05, 2011 11:41 am; edited 5 times in total

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Pretty close stats... this is a big game in terms of effecting Ottawa's drafting status.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

I'm tired of losing. I want a victory alreAdy. Nj is poised to pass us in the next 3-4 games so we'd still be bottom three in the not too distant future

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I think we win 7-2. That's my prediction, but I've been wrong........a lot.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Lehner starts. Elliott starts.

Last edited by shabbs on Sat Feb 05, 2011 11:36 am; edited 1 time in total

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Ok... I see conflicting reports of who's starting for the Sens... NHL_Sens says Lehner... others say Elliott. More to come...

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

shabbs wrote:Ok... I see conflicting reports of who's starting for the Sens... NHL_Sens says Lehner... others say Elliott. More to come...

I got the same tweet, I think it's Lehner.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Nope, it's Elliott. NHL_Sens has corrected their tweet.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

No, it's Elliott, you were right Shabbs.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Ruutu is a healthy scratch.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

shabbs wrote:Ruutu is a healthy scratch.
That can only improve his trade value! ThumbsUp

Why the hell is Kuba playing then? I'd rather anyone than him.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Elliott riding a 12-game losing streak... lucky #13? Wink

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

shabbs wrote:Elliott riding a 12-game losing streak... lucky #13? Wink

Tonight? Doubtful. Lalalala

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

SpezDispenser wrote:
shabbs wrote:Ruutu is a healthy scratch.
Why the hell is Kuba playing then? I'd rather anyone than him.
Carkner is still out and won't play tonight.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

I predict a lot of goals tonight...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 7]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum