GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ New York Islanders :: 7:00pm ET :: Tue. Apr. 8th, 2014

+8
Ev
PTFlea
SensHulk
wprager
tim1_2
Hoags
NEELY
shabbs
12 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 6]

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Sens visit the Isles today and are playing for pride to close out the season. Anderson starts as per PMac yesterday. Rest of the lineup will be confirmed later today. We'll update here as we get 'em.

A bit surprised at the Anderson start, I was hoping Lehner would get the rest of the starts down the line but we've seen this before an PMac will always go back to his #1 goalie.

Only 4 games left for the Sens including this one. The other three are vs Devils on Thu, vs Leafs on Sat and @ Pitt on Sunday.

GO SENS GO!!!

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Yah I don't understand why Lehner isn't getting the call... no idea why.  Maybe they want to see if Anderson actually still gives a crap.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Wonder if there are bonuses that kick in if Lehner gets so many games played... would not put it past Melnyk to try and avoid that... but I'm just spitballin'.

Last edited by shabbs on Tue Apr 08, 2014 8:09 am; edited 1 time in total

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Wings and Blue Jackets are in action tonight... a win by them in any fashion will eliminate the Sens.

Actually, if they each get a single point, they will eliminate the Sens.

Last edited by shabbs on Tue Apr 08, 2014 8:20 am; edited 1 time in total

NEELY

Mod
Mod

shabbs wrote:Wonder if there are bonuses that kick in if Lehner gets so man games played... would not put it past Melnyk to try and avoid that... but I'm just spitballin'.

I just don't know, I have no clue what is going on in Ottawa right now.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Probably to try and salvage any trade value he may have.

I hope.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Who knows, wish they said a little more.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Just win. Let's close out the season with a string of wins and finish on somewhat of an up note.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

shabbs wrote:Wonder if there are bonuses that kick in if Lehner gets so many games played... would not put it past Melnyk to try and avoid that... but I'm just spitballin'.

That has potential, and also if Lehner plays really well the last couple games it could affect contract negotiations.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

tim1_2 wrote:
shabbs wrote:Wonder if there are bonuses that kick in if Lehner gets so many games played... would not put it past Melnyk to try and avoid that... but I'm just spitballin'.

That has potential, and also if Lehner plays really well the last couple games it could affect contract negotiations.
Who knows. That's pretty shady if that is the case. But, it is a business at the end of the day.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

shabbs wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:

Who knows. That's pretty shady if that is the case. But, it is a business at the end of the day.

Regardless of whatever the actual truth is, you just gotta hope that The Lehner hasn't been alienated by the way he was used this year.  I assume he realizes that he's still our goaltender of the future, and that future should begin in a few months time.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.capgeek.com/player/1668

No performance bonuses, just a $90K signing bonus in each year of his ELC.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

tim1_2 wrote:
shabbs wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:

Regardless of whatever the actual truth is, you just gotta hope that The Lehner hasn't been alienated by the way he was used this year.  I assume he realizes that he's still our goaltender of the future, and that future should begin in a few months time.

Ottawa is such a mess now.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

shabbs wrote:Just win. Let's close out the season with a string of wins and finish on somewhat of an up note.

Exactly. Who cares if we pick 35th or 40th. Ideally I'd like to get out of the bottom 10 so as not to give the Ducks a top-10 pick. Getting by the Leafs pretty much guarantees that, and then some. They're 1 point back of Vancouver with a game in hand, so a win tonight move them to at least 9th. And if Dallas beats Nashville we would move to 10th.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Nilsson goes for the Isles.

https://twitter.com/NYIslanders/status/453545005853208576

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 6]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum