GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY:Ottawa Senators @ Vancouver Canucks - 10:00pm ET - MON. Feb. 7, 2011

+15
asq2
SensHulk
The Silfer Server
LethalLehner
spader
jawal
TheAvatar
Hoags
PTFlea
SensGirl11
SeawaySensFan
Hobiesens
tim1_2
shabbs
Cap'n Clutch
19 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Ottawa @ Vancouver, Feb 7, 2011

GAME DAY:Ottawa Senators  @ Vancouver Canucks  - 10:00pm ET - MON. Feb. 7, 2011 - Page 2 Vote_lcap250%GAME DAY:Ottawa Senators  @ Vancouver Canucks  - 10:00pm ET - MON. Feb. 7, 2011 - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 50% [ 2 ]
GAME DAY:Ottawa Senators  @ Vancouver Canucks  - 10:00pm ET - MON. Feb. 7, 2011 - Page 2 Vote_lcap250%GAME DAY:Ottawa Senators  @ Vancouver Canucks  - 10:00pm ET - MON. Feb. 7, 2011 - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 50% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 4

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 6]

Cap'n Clutch

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

hemlock wrote:We are going to get Cussing pounded tonight. DancingBanana MJ

I just hope it isn't a double digit loss.

If it's a double digit loss do we get two losses out of it? Wink

SensGirl11

Mod
Mod

Who's starting does anyone know?

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Luongo goes for the Canucks and it seems Elliott will get the start. No official confirmation on that yet though.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Ruutu is a scratch again and is not happy about it. As per Ian Mendes.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Clouston is mentally-deficient. We're TRYING TO TRADE RUUTU dimwit. You have to play him.

Unless....there's a deal done between Vancouver and Ottawa for him?

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:Clouston is mentally-deficient. We're TRYING TO TRADE RUUTU dimwit. You have to play him.

Unless....there's a deal done between Vancouver and Ottawa for him?

Just coming off an injury my guess is that they're making sure he stays healthy for an imminent trade.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

I'll bet Ruutu told CC where to shove his matching tie and dress shirt and he's been benched since.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hoags wrote:I'll bet Ruutu told CC where to shove his matching tie and dress shirt and he's been benched since.

Yeah. Ruutu doesn't have as much pull as The Fish.

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
hemlock wrote:We are going to get Cussing pounded tonight. DancingBanana MJ

I just hope it isn't a double digit loss.

If it's a double digit loss do we get two losses out of it? Wink

One can only wish Smile

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

tim1_2 wrote:Just read Don Brennan’s preview of tonight’s game. Reading the Clouston quotes, it sort of sounds like he’s coaching not to lose, instead of coaching to win:

“We have to respect who they are,” coach Cory Clouston said of the line that features the league’s second and fourth-leading scorers, the twins Daniel and Henrik. “Understand when they’re on the ice, manage the puck ... putting the puck in safe plays if you don’t have a play. Not forcing something because they are such a good team on transition. When to take advantage of an opening and when to keep it simple.
“Almost like a rugby game, where you’re not always trying to score, you’re trying to advance the ball, keep it safe.
“Sometimes you’re out there in a situation where you’re trying to give yourself momentum and not give them momentum, and try to shut them down and frustrate them a little bit.”

I wouldn’t often get into the mysterious world of coaching a team, but if this is the approach he’s been using, would it not be time to try something else? Like “be really aggressive and try to score some goals.”

I know diddly-squat about coaching hockey, but it seems to me that if my NHL coaching career was on ground this shaky, I’d be trying pretty much anything to get a W.

http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Hockey/NHL/Ottawa/2011/02/06/17178926.html
I have to say, that's the first time I've heard hockey and rugby equated as far as match strategy is concerned, and I played competitive rugby for 13 years.

I read most of his comments as saying to "keep it simple" and not make bad plays and be aware of who is on the ice, which we've heard every single coach say at some point in the season for any given game.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Sens lines for tonight. Elliott goes.

Foligno-Spezza-Alfredsson
Kelly-Fisher-Neil
Michalek-Regin-Kovalev
Smith-Winchester-Shannon

Phillips-Karlsson
Campoli-Gonchar
Kuba-Lee

Elliott

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Elliott goes for magic #13...

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Hoags wrote:I'll bet Ruutu told CC where to shove his matching tie and dress shirt and he's been benched since.

I think he said: You are a crappy coach, coach. And that was that. I seriously think he said something like that.

jawal

jawal
Rookie
Rookie

shabbs wrote:Elliott goes for magic #13...

I think that i heard that Elliot has the Senator goalie record for the longest winning streak. Playing Vancouver is like guaranteed loss night. Will this give Elliot the record for longest losing streak or does he already own that dubious record.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

jawal wrote:
shabbs wrote:Elliott goes for magic #13...

I think that i heard that Elliot has the Senator goalie record for the longest winning streak. Playing Vancouver is like guaranteed loss night. Will this give Elliot the record for longest losing streak or does he already own that dubious record.

Last I heard, he was headed in that direction. Not sure where he's at though but I recall it being close.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

I don't think 13 would be a record... remember the early Sens years?

1992–93 record: 10–70–4
Home record: 9–29–4
Road record: 1–41–0

Good times.

EDIT: The goalie in my Avatar went 8-46-3 that season.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

GAME DAY:Ottawa Senators  @ Vancouver Canucks  - 10:00pm ET - MON. Feb. 7, 2011 - Page 2 2011-02-07-my-only-weakness

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Canucks lines tonight:

D. Sedin-H. Sedin-Burrows
Raymond-Kesler-Samuelsson
Torres-Malhotra-Hansen
Glass-Hodgson-Tambellini

Rome-Ehrhoff
Hamhuis-Bieksa
Alberts-Ballard