GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY:Ottawa Senators @ Vancouver Canucks - 10:00pm ET - MON. Feb. 7, 2011

+15
asq2
SensHulk
The Silfer Server
LethalLehner
spader
jawal
TheAvatar
Hoags
PTFlea
SensGirl11
SeawaySensFan
Hobiesens
tim1_2
shabbs
Cap'n Clutch
19 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Ottawa @ Vancouver, Feb 7, 2011

GAME DAY:Ottawa Senators  @ Vancouver Canucks  - 10:00pm ET - MON. Feb. 7, 2011 - Page 4 Vote_lcap250%GAME DAY:Ottawa Senators  @ Vancouver Canucks  - 10:00pm ET - MON. Feb. 7, 2011 - Page 4 Vote_rcap2 50% [ 2 ]
GAME DAY:Ottawa Senators  @ Vancouver Canucks  - 10:00pm ET - MON. Feb. 7, 2011 - Page 4 Vote_lcap250%GAME DAY:Ottawa Senators  @ Vancouver Canucks  - 10:00pm ET - MON. Feb. 7, 2011 - Page 4 Vote_rcap2 50% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 4

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 6]

The Silfer Server

Veteran
Veteran

asq2 wrote:That was a great period apart from two lapses. Having Spezza back makes us look like an actual NHL team, which is nice just so long as we keep losing.

EDIT: Also with JS back in the line-up we can finally win a face-off or two.

2nd EDIT: Not specifically related to this game, but is anyone else consistently getting surprised by Kelly? Seems like he's really developed. At this point he might be better than Fisher, though granted MF is playing with an injury.

It was only one or two games, but when Kelly played with Alfie and Foligno, I had really liked that line, which is saying something, because I was very critical when I first saw it, and skeptical that it would do anything.

CockRoche

Veteran
Veteran

Nice shorthanded chance there by Spezza and Michalek. Another post hit though.

CockRoche

Veteran
Veteran

Bass Destruction wrote:Just when I thought I was going to turn off the game, Neil comes up huge. God I love that man!

One of my favorites; he bleeds Ottawa red.

The Silfer Server

The Silfer Server
Veteran
Veteran

Posts are almost the best case scenario right now. On the one hand, they represent a 'shot' that got past the goalie, so it shows ability and offense. On the other hand, they don't actually count as goals, so we don't win games, and we get that better pick at season's end.

BTW, although I agree losing is the best for this team, it's still extremely hard for me to type that, and accept losses.

SDH89

SDH89
Veteran
Veteran

Spezza is flying out there, so is Foligno.

Michalek's speed is 100% back, he single handidly created some offence on that PK there.

Entertaining game.

The Silfer Server

The Silfer Server
Veteran
Veteran

CockRoche wrote:
Bass Destruction wrote:Just when I thought I was going to turn off the game, Neil comes up huge. God I love that man!

It sounds weird since he's a $2M a year tough guy, but he's one of my untouchables at the deadline.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

asq2 wrote:That was a great period apart from two lapses. Having Spezza back makes us look like an actual NHL team, which is nice just so long as we keep losing.

2nd EDIT: Not specifically related to this game, but is anyone else consistently getting surprised by Kelly? Seems like he's really developed. At this point he might be better than Fisher, though granted MF is playing with an injury.

Of course. Laugh1

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Bass Destruction wrote:
CockRoche wrote:

It sounds weird since he's a $2M a year tough guy, but he's one of my untouchables at the deadline.

Co-sign.

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:

Of course. Laugh1

Haha, I'm far from a Fisher apologist (solidly in the Spezza camp since day one). But I thought I read something was wrong with his shoulder.

CockRoche

CockRoche
Veteran
Veteran

What a warrior Kuba is.

Haha.

CockRoche

CockRoche
Veteran
Veteran

spader wrote:
Bass Destruction wrote:
CockRoche wrote:

Co-sign.

I sure hope so.

CockRoche

CockRoche
Veteran
Veteran

Elliott is looking focused right now; in position early and square.

Spezza and Michalek have looked fantastic in the third.

Lee looks good in the final frame as well.

CockRoche

CockRoche
Veteran
Veteran

Another beauty from Elliott.

CockRoche

CockRoche
Veteran
Veteran

I feel bad for Elliott. I only saw the 3rd period though; so I'm not sure how the goals went in against him.

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

CockRoche wrote:I feel bad for Elliott. I only saw the 3rd period though; so I'm not sure how the goals went in against him.

Yeah, over-all a great game from him. I don't think you can fault him on any of the goals except maybe Kesler's, but even then dude's got a ridiculous shot.

Pretty happy with this one. It's games like this that make me wish this season wasn't already gone to ****, though. With Spezza in the line-up the players just seem to fall into their natural places and look comfortable.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Very entertaining game to watch, I like the result. Spezza's gonna be fun to watch when we get a little more skill in here. He was buzzing.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

GAME DAY:Ottawa Senators  @ Vancouver Canucks  - 10:00pm ET - MON. Feb. 7, 2011 - Page 4 7776.Ballard.jpg-400x0

Cuss.

CockRoche

CockRoche
Veteran
Veteran

asq2 wrote:
CockRoche wrote:I feel bad for Elliott. I only saw the 3rd period though; so I'm not sure how the goals went in against him.

Yeah, over-all a great game from him. I don't think you can fault him on any of the goals except maybe Kesler's, but even then dude's got a ridiculous shot.

Pretty happy with this one. It's games like this that make me wish this season wasn't already gone to ****, though. With Spezza in the line-up the players just seem to fall into their natural places and look comfortable.

Thanks for the update on Elliott for the parts I missed. He looked very confident and sharp from the little that I saw. He hasn't been playing with confidence for quite some time. Maybe he is can continue to track the puck better from here on out?

It is pretty clear to everyone - or it should be - that the offence runs through Spezza now. With Alfredsson hurting/on the decline, people better get used to it. It has actually been that way for just over two years now IMO. Spezza's game is maturing, as is he - as a person.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum