GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY:Ottawa Senators @ Vancouver Canucks - 10:00pm ET - MON. Feb. 7, 2011

+15
asq2
SensHulk
The Silfer Server
LethalLehner
spader
jawal
TheAvatar
Hoags
PTFlea
SensGirl11
SeawaySensFan
Hobiesens
tim1_2
shabbs
Cap'n Clutch
19 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Ottawa @ Vancouver, Feb 7, 2011

GAME DAY:Ottawa Senators  @ Vancouver Canucks  - 10:00pm ET - MON. Feb. 7, 2011 - Page 6 Vote_lcap250%GAME DAY:Ottawa Senators  @ Vancouver Canucks  - 10:00pm ET - MON. Feb. 7, 2011 - Page 6 Vote_rcap2 50% [ 2 ]
GAME DAY:Ottawa Senators  @ Vancouver Canucks  - 10:00pm ET - MON. Feb. 7, 2011 - Page 6 Vote_lcap250%GAME DAY:Ottawa Senators  @ Vancouver Canucks  - 10:00pm ET - MON. Feb. 7, 2011 - Page 6 Vote_rcap2 50% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 4

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 6]

spader

All-Star
All-Star

I just read on the TSN comment board that some are calling Michalek out for a slew-foot on Ballard. I didn't see the game (and fully recognize that comment boards are awful sources).

Is there anything to that claim?

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

spader wrote:I just read on the TSN comment board that some are calling Michalek out for a slew-foot on Ballard. I didn't see the game (and fully recognize that comment boards are awful sources).

I saw the replays and it didn't look like a slew foot to me. It was just an unfortunate play behind the net.

Riprock

All-Star
All-Star

I didn't watch the game. I did catch a few minutes here and there... I saw the Foligno goal, and Spezza goal... so I DID catch all of Ottawa's goals GAME DAY:Ottawa Senators  @ Vancouver Canucks  - 10:00pm ET - MON. Feb. 7, 2011 - Page 6 62136 but all I can say is that this kind of game is the perfect loss. Obviously I am hoping the Sens lose from here on out, just to solidify the best possible pick we can get. That is the only bright thing to look forward to. And losing games like we have been, where we have been playing decently, and scoring, is a great way to lose.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I'd love to see some run and gun pond hockey style games here on out. Lose but go out guns a blazin' and get some of these young guys to start racking up points.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

I read on TSN, while reading up on Ballard's injury, that Winchester also left with an injury in the 1st period.

I wonder if Phillips to Vancouver has become a possibility now?

Maybe Ottawa's plan is to injure a player on teams that they feel they can deal with? GAME DAY:Ottawa Senators  @ Vancouver Canucks  - 10:00pm ET - MON. Feb. 7, 2011 - Page 6 159628

Heard Ruutu might have been kept out of the lineup because Vancouver is a possible destination for his services, and the Sens/Canucks didn't want him doing what he does best against his possible new team?

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Dash wrote:I read on TSN, while reading up on Ballard's injury, that Winchester also left with an injury in the 1st period.

I wonder if Phillips to Vancouver has become a possibility now?

Maybe Ottawa's plan is to injure a player on teams that they feel they can deal with? GAME DAY:Ottawa Senators  @ Vancouver Canucks  - 10:00pm ET - MON. Feb. 7, 2011 - Page 6 159628

Heard Ruutu might have been kept out of the lineup because Vancouver is a possible destination for his services, and the Sens/Canucks didn't want him doing what he does best against his possible new team?

Ruutu on the move? Sarcasm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

I think we all knew that was a possibility, or even so far as a foregone conclusion. Anyone with "FA" at the end of their contract to me is fair game.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

spader wrote:I just read on the TSN comment board that some are calling Michalek out for a slew-foot on Ballard. I didn't see the game (and fully recognize that comment boards are awful sources).

No. The TSN comment board is full of people who have ZERO clue about the game of hockey. I stopped reading comments there 3 years ago.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Their legs got tied up. I was just as worried about Michalek coming out of that with an injury.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:

Their legs got tied up. I was just as worried about Michalek coming out of that with an injury.

Me too. Every time he falls or gets tangled up, I get worried.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

CockRoche wrote:
Michallica wrote:I feel bad for the sens now. They played an awesome game tonight. Great games for spezza and elliott. Hell Lee looked good too. And wow was michalek flying tonight?? If only he scored on that shorthanded chance!

Too much negativity and bad luck tonight. They really need to win a game soon...and that was a game karlsson needs to forget asap. And don't get me started on afie's point blank shot going wide.

They kept their heads up high with that loss. Go sens go!

That is exactly how I saw the 3rd period. I actually already mentioned almost every name you said. Spezza, Elliott, Lee, Michalek. I noticed Alfredsson fanning on that wide-open one-timer as well.

What I didn't see from just watching the 3rd period is the game-to-forget from Karlsson. What did he do wrong?

Yeah talk about a huge opportunity for alfie to tie it up....just not the same player he used to be. its expected I guess. I'lll throw it out there and say that I also enjoyed Regin's game as well as shannon on the PK.

With Karlsson, he over committed alot and guessed wrong to put himself out of position. 1st and 2nd periods I think he'd like to forget.....he found his game a bit more in the 3rd but the point was that he struggled earlier and I was actually more comfortable with Gonchar playing than him.....that says something!

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Michallica wrote:
Yeah talk about a huge opportunity for alfie to tie it up....just not the same player he used to be. its expected I guess. I'lll throw it out there and say that I also enjoyed Regin's game as well as shannon on the PK.

With Karlsson, he over committed alot and guessed wrong to put himself out of position. 1st and 2nd periods I think he'd like to forget.....he found his game a bit more in the 3rd but the point was that he struggled earlier and I was actually more comfortable with Gonchar playing than him.....that says something!

Yeah, not sure how Alfie missed that. Spezza was blazing last night.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

ppl say clouston's full of Dung in his post-game comments when he often mentions how the bounces don't go our way.....but 3 posts in the 2nd period last night. 3!!! and a glorious chance by alfie missed....sens played a great game last night but you gotta feel for them this time around. No excuses? 3 Cussing posts? how does that even happen......I'm still astonished at that. How sweet would it have been if michalek managed to score Ahhhhh!

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

It was 3 posts in like 2 minutes. Crazy. Unbelievable.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum